Opinion The evolution of your 22 as the offseason progresses 2014/15 edition!

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sorry?
He's running a sub 10 minute 3k.

Fair call. A 3km time trial doesn't necessarily count for much but I take your point. What I was getting at is him vs White as raised but the Collingwood fan. Neade has mostly played as that small pressure forward not the line breaking winger/hff. I am not saying he won't ever be that just that right now he doesn't have the tank that White does and White is faster. Neade is a better tackler and pressure player than White, so why play him on a wing?

scottjr

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
if ryder and monfries are banned, surely instead of top up players we will be allowed to elevate rookies for the duration of the ban
Then we need top up players for the rookie spots (depending on the duration of the penalties).

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think Neades strength is his agility and speed over a short distance. Accelerates quickly but his top speed isn't elite. Certainly not a quick as White or Mitchell.
For mine his main strength is his vision. Way above average if not elite.

Gee Dub

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 19, 2010
Albury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ravens, Rabbitohs, Rockets, Everton
B: Jonas Carlile Hombsch

HB: Broadbent Trengove Pittard

C: Ebert Hartlett Polec

HF: Westhoff Ryder Gray

F: Wingard Schulz Monfries

RUCK: Lobbe Boak Wines

INT: Cornes Neade White

SUB: Young

B: Carlile, Trengove, Hombsch, Jonas, Broadbent, Pittard
C: Lobbe, Boak, Ebert, Hartlett, Wines, Cornes
F: Schulz, Hoff, Butcher, Neade, Wingard, Gray
I: Polec, Young, Impey, ???

couldn't decide between a bunch of players for that last spot, but I'll rank them in order of who I think is best equipped right now.. 1. Krakouer 2. Stewart 3. O'Shea 4. Moore 5. White

Why do people even want top-up players? We have guys like O'Shea, Moore, Young, Neade, Stewart, Colquhoun, Redden, Butcher, Krakouer, Amon, Clurey, Impey and Mitchell (handy sub at least) who are all going to be in the 20-30ish spots on our list. Why would you want to play some SANFL state league hack who we gain nothing from developing over any of those names even if we did have permission to do so?

Aug 16, 2009
Latvia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns

BrockBlitz

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm pretty sure it's out of Mitchell, Pittard and White as the fastest lads on our team. Mitchell doesnt know how to use it(as well as others) in game scenario so it doesn't appear that way.

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide vs Fremantle
F: Ryder - Schulz - Wingard
HF: R.Gray - Westhoff - Monfries
C: Polec - Boak (C) - Hartlett
HB: Pittard - Trengove - Broadbent
B: Jonas - Carlile - Hombsch
R: Lobbe - Wines - Ebert
INT: Cornes - A.Young - Stewart
SUB: Impey
EMERG: From: Butcher - Neade - White - Amon - Moore

#r1portvfreo

Last edited by a moderator:

Lefti93

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, AEK FC
Round 1:
fb:jonas bobby hombsch
hb:brogsy jacko jasper
c:polec ebert hammer
hf:gus hoff gray
f:ryder schulz butcher
r:lobbe trav wines
int:kornes young white
sub:wingard

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jonas Carlile Trengove
Pittard Hombsch Broadbent
Westhoff Wines Polec
Hartlett Schulz White
Monfries Ryder Wingard
Lobbe Gray Boak

Ebert, Cornes and one of Impey, Stewart, Neade, Butcher, Moore(sub) pending how i feel on the day and matchups

Sub: Young

Feb 12, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Donegal, Arsenal, Rangers
Power:
B: Hombsch - Carlile - Jonas
HB: Pittard - Trengove - Broadbent
C: White - Wines - Polec
HF: Wingard - Westhoff - Hartlett
F: Ryder - Schulz - Monfries
R- Lobbe - Boak - Gray

I- Ebert - Cornes - Butcher
Sub - Young

Magpies:
O’Shea - Clurey - Logan
Byrne-Jones - Stewart - Krakouer
Amon - Summerton - Mitchell
Palmer - Howard - Gray
Neade - Harvey - Shaw

R- Redden - Ah Chee - Moore
I- Colquhoun - Russell - Wagner - Austin

LTI -Frampton

updated Round 1 team...

Jonas - Carlile - Hombsch
Pittard - Trengove - Broadbent
Ebert - Wines - Gray
Monfries - Schulz - Westhoff
Neade - Ryder - Wingard
Lobbe - Boak - Hartlett

Cornes - Polec - Young - Impey

(Moore, White)

wingard shulz ryder
gray westhoff monfries
polec wines ebert
pittard trengove broadbent
jonas carlisle hombsch
lobbe boak hartlett

cornes white young oshea

depth:
butcher clurey impey mitchell stewart moore neade krak s.gray amon

difference from semi final team:
out: moore, neade
in: ryder, young

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Hey guys.

Sorry to intrude but I've been posting my best 22's for all 18 clubs on the main AFL board over the summer. Would love to get your thoughts on Port's BEST 22. Not necessarily the Round 1 team but the best available. The team doesn't change to much from the best outfit of 2014 apart from the big addition of Patrick Ryder

Good luck in 2015. I'm a firm believer that you guys can go one game better this year especially with the inclusion of Ryder.

FULL BACKS: Tom Jonas ~ Alipate Carlile ~ Jack Hombsch
HALF BACKS: Matthew Broadbent ~ Jackson Trengove ~ Jasper Pittard

MIDFIELDERS:
Hamish Hartlett ~ Oliver Wines ~ Jared Polec
FOLLOWERS: Matthew Lobbe ~ Brad Ebert ~ Travis Boak

HALF FORWARDS:
Robbie Gray ~ Justin Westhoff ~ Chad Wingard
FULL FORWARDS: Patrick Ryder ~ Jay Schulz ~ Angus Monfries

INTERCHANGE: Kane Cornes ~ Matthew White ~ Jarman Impey
SUB: Andrew Moore

• The best back line doesn't need to change too much given Tom Jonas can play both tall and small.
  • Like the back line there is no need to change much in the midfield apart from the addition of ruck #2 Ryder. Well balanced midfield and having someone with the speed of White off the bench is handy.
  • The forward line ~ WELCOME PATRICK RYDER. Really good third tall forward and ruck option. Limited pre season due to ASADA notices but he's not your slow moving type of forward that will need match fitness to get the tempo of the game back. Very athletic.
  • Andrew Moore's a really handy option however there are other listed players that could take that SUB role away from him. Players like Neade and Mitchell both offer more in terms of speed away from a contest and won't be far away from the selection mix.

Hey guys.

Sorry to intrude but I've been posting my best 22's for all 18 clubs on the main AFL board over the summer. Would love to get your thoughts on Port's BEST 22. Not necessarily the Round 1 team but the best available. The team doesn't change to much from the best outfit of 2014 apart from the big addition of Patrick Ryder

Good luck in 2015. I'm a firm believer that you guys can go one game better this year especially with the inclusion of Ryder.

FULL BACKS: Tom Jonas ~ Alipate Carlile ~ Jack Hombsch
HALF BACKS: Matthew Broadbent ~ Jackson Trengove ~ Jasper Pittard

MIDFIELDERS:
Hamish Hartlett ~ Oliver Wines ~ Jared Polec
FOLLOWERS: Matthew Lobbe ~ Brad Ebert ~ Travis Boak

HALF FORWARDS:
Robbie Gray ~ Justin Westhoff ~ Chad Wingard
FULL FORWARDS: Patrick Ryder ~ Jay Schulz ~ Angus Monfries

INTERCHANGE: Kane Cornes ~ Matthew White ~ Jarman Impey
SUB: Andrew Moore

• The best back line doesn't need to change too much given Tom Jonas can play both tall and small.
  • Like the back line there is no need to change much in the midfield apart from the addition of ruck #2 Ryder. Well balanced midfield and having someone with the speed of White off the bench is handy.
  • The forward line ~ WELCOME PATRICK RYDER. Really good third tall forward and ruck option. Limited pre season due to ASADA notices but he's not your slow moving type of forward that will need match fitness to get the tempo of the game back. Very athletic.
  • Andrew Moore's a really handy option however there are other listed players that could take that SUB role away from him. Players like Neade and Mitchell both offer more in terms of speed away from a contest and won't be far away from the selection mix.

Good team, Only difference I'd have is Aaron Young as sub instead of Moore.

Also with Ryder...He may have not played in the 3 NAB games, But he did play in the intra-club match and trained the full pre-season.
I'm more worried about the likes of Trengove and Wingard than I am about Ryder and Monfries.

Back