Opinion The evolution of your 22 as the offseason progresses 2014/15 edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

The dream is to see Butcher + Shultz leading our goals for the season ladder :)

After his horrendous game against Sydney mid year, Pittard rarely put a foot wrong. The odd furphy, but no more than others like Broady, Ebert, Hammer made. His finals series was very good. I'd say he was in our best 6-7 players through the 2nd half of the year.

I can see Jaspers upside if he can rid the errors out of his game...i know he has a large fan base here

But i just dont see the point of his run and carry which gains us momentum if he costs us momentum with his errors..

But he has a very strong a ability to move us forward when we look stagnant ...we will see this year

I kinda agree re pittard...but I cant accept his school boy errors ....not with our depth how its sitting now.. we just cant carry that s*** if we are serious about a premiership
Remember this ..
Hinkley: I just know Jasper Pittard is going to be a great player for this footy club.
The boss likes him so what can we do lol

I can see Jaspers upside if he can rid the errors out of his game...i know he has a large fan base here

But i just dont see the point of his run and carry which gains us momentum if he costs us momentum with his errors..

But he has a very strong a ability to move us forward when we look stagnant ...we will see this year
Jasper's avg. error count per game was less in 2014 then 2013. Surprise surprise as he crossed that 50 game barrier. Given the number of games he's played, along with having an extra tall target to hit up (rather than seeing nothing and getting himself in knots) you'd expect the number of errors a game to decrease again further in 2015. Even if he did the less likely option and stayed the same he'd still be best 22 at this stage.

Fair dinkum, Jasper has less errors per game than Cornes or Ebert, they just seem to stand out more because of his style and the position he plays. Compare the amount of games he has played, ie natural improvement, as opposed to the rest, and you can see his HUGE upside.

Fair dinkum, Jasper has less errors per game than Cornes or Ebert, they just seem to stand out more because of his style and the position he plays. Compare the amount of games he has played, ie natural improvement, as opposed to the rest, and you can see his HUGE upside.

Maybe move Jasper up the ground so his errors dont cost us goals all the time being a defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember this time last year when some pundits here had Polec gradually earning his way into the best 22 with some good performances in the Magpies team? lol.

A lot of people didn't have Hombsch in the best 22 either.
I can't wait to see who surprises everyone by forcing their way into the team.

What were GWS thinking with Hombsch? Gun.
At the time they had Cornes, Davis, Gilham, Mohr and Frost and they thought Hombsch was "too short".

Fast forward a year or 2 and KPDers are GWS's biggest weakness. They were forced to play Cameron down back and even Heath Shaw (184cm) at CHB.

Pittard will benefit as much as anyone from looking up and seeing Ryder roaming between the middle of the ground and the goals. Looking forward to seeing Jasper jam it down his critics throats this year.

Early candidate for post of the year. :D

Jasper haters be hatin'. People better recognise.

Early candidate for post of the year. :D

Jasper haters be hatin'. People better recognise.

Jasper has been put under the pump fairly, there were many time he most probably didnt derserve a game except for the fact he had potential and it needed to be worked. His first 10 games last year were only average but his 2nd half of the year was most probably the best he's played yet. Jasper has massive upside still and this year he could make AA. With Broadbent, Hartlett, PIttard and Polec running out of defence the forwards will have a field day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back