The facts of life are conservative

Remove this Banner Ad

JFK was an empty cipher mate - I totally understand why Nixon despised him - what he said was essentially true - he stole that election. LBJ was the goods

Yeah agreed. Up market version of Tony Blair. Ever read the book re his old man "Sins of the Father"? Good read. Not convinced re the Great Society.

Yeah agreed. Up market version of Tony Blair. Ever read the book re his old man "Sins of the Father"? Good read. Not convinced re the Great Society.

Blair/JFK is a good comparison - except our Tone could not pull chicks and had no charisma. Seymour Hirsch's Dark Side of Camelot is breathtaking. I have had a life long fixation with Nixon - he did a lot of things that were good - Gary Wills Nixon Agonistes is a great read in that respect

Blair/JFK is a good comparison - except our Tone could not pull chicks and had no charisma.

Bill Lawry's pigeon. Allegedly got that.

Seymour Hirsch's Dark Side of Camelot is breathtaking. I have had a life long fixation with Nixon - he did a lot of things that were good

As did John Major. Public perception of both is one ofhopeless failure though. Just as Keating gets all the accolades and everyone forges the bloke who was actually PM at the time.

Blair/JFK is a good comparison - except our Tone could not pull chicks and had no charisma. Seymour Hirsch's Dark Side of Camelot is breathtaking. I have had a life long fixation with Nixon - he did a lot of things that were good - Gary Wills Nixon Agonistes is a great read in that respect

They have a funny situation in the US if you ask me. Kind of the inverse of Australia.

Whereas in Australia practically every major reform has been born out of the trade union movement or the progressive movement, a lot of the laws and regulations that made America great were implemented by Republicans (I'm remiss to call people like Teddy Roosevelt a conservative though).

This all changed with Reagan (and if you ever need a mouthpiece, there's your mouthpiece) though of course when the Chicago School took over.

They have a funny situation in the US if you ask me. Kind of the inverse of Australia.

Whereas in Australia practically every major reform has been born out of the trade union movement or the progressive movement, a lot of the laws and regulations that made America great were implemented by Republicans (I'm remiss to call people like Teddy Roosevelt a conservative though).

This all changed with Reagan (and if you ever need a mouthpiece, there's your mouthpiece) though of course when the Chicago School took over.

In the US public service is regarded as a big deal so even if the elected reps are idiots they can draft in the best and the brightest to serve as their equivalent of ministers. Give me a guy like Cass Weinburger or AL Haig over Cheney any day!! The result of all that brain power (before the republicans were taken over by nihilists) was great brains coming up with good policy. Over here we have elected dolts like Peter Dutton who could not cut it in the real world crafting policy

James Carville was another I think. I was too young to really remember the Clinton years.

James Carville was another I think. I was too young to really remember the Clinton years.

Triangulation and "its the economy stupid" were all him. Compare Kissinger and McNamara as Secretaries of State (for all their faults) to Julie Bishop

In an odd way Nixon had a more progressive view on homosexuality than modern republicans, heard some taped conversation where the gist was he thought it was a 'sin' or whatever, but that it wasn't their fault that that's how they were from memory.

In an odd way Nixon had a more progressive view on homosexuality than modern republicans, heard some taped conversation where the gist was he thought it was a 'sin' or whatever, but that it wasn't their fault that that's how they were from memory.

Started the US National Cancer Institute - a 100% publically funded research facility - would not be possible for a Republican today unfortunately - and its still going and kicking goals

Barry Goldwater was a Libertarian all the way down and was a supporter of Gay Marriage and open Gay people in the military in the 70s - this is a guy that was a Presidential Candidate for the Republicans. The arseholes from Moral Majority ruined the Republicans - as he himself predicted

Nixon came from a Quaker background, which probably helps explain some of the policies that were seemingly at odds with his politics. His biggest mistake for mine was leaving the post Watergate wash up in the hands of guys like Haldemann and Erlichmann, dudes who make Peta Credlin look like a kitten.

Nixon came from a Quaker background, which probably helps explain some of the policies that were seemingly at odds with his politics. His biggest mistake for mine was leaving the post Watergate wash up in the hands of guys like Haldemann and Erlichmann, dudes who make Peta Credlin look like a kitten.

Yup - he always hated born to rule Harvard boys - so to have the 1960 election stolen from him by Kennedy psychologically broke him and turned his paranoia into a pathology. Love those buzz cuts of Haldemann and Erlichmann - they were both Christian Scientists as well

I think that people aren't perfectible, we'll always be flawed and the line between civilization and chaos is paper thin.

But it's for exactly this reason that we need a strong government to keep us from devouring each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quaker's have a bit of history in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne I think.

In the US public service is regarded as a big deal so even if the elected reps are idiots they can draft in the best and the brightest to serve as their equivalent of ministers.

Interesting debate that one. On the flip side I would say thank God Ken Henry wasn't Treasurer (and see Geithner in the US). Then again Australia ended up with Wayne Swan, having him as treasurer was like entrusting a ming vase to an orang-utan.

Interesting debate that one. On the flip side I would say thank God Ken Henry wasn't Treasurer (and see Geithner in the US). Then again Australia ended up with Wayne Swan, having him as treasurer was like entrusting a ming vase to an orang-utan.
Putting those Wall Street boys in
Charge of treasury is fox in chicken house stuff - but I reckon Hank Paulson
acted without fear or favour during the GFC -he resisted incredible pressure to save his mates at Lehmanns

Putting those Wall Street boys in
Charge of treasury is fox in chicken house stuff - but I reckon Hank Paulson
acted without fear or favour during the GFC -he resisted incredible pressure to save his mates at Lehmanns

Ever heard of the book - When Genius Failed? In the LTCM bail out three IBs (the connection between them isn't hard to make) made (allegedly) utter pricks of themselves, Bear Stearns, Lehmans and Goldmans. That Lehmans was left to go under I think had quite a bit to do with that. No tears.

Paulson was Goldmans IIRC

"The facts of life are conservative" is a quote by Margaret Thatcher. I happen to agree with this quote wholeheartedly.

What do you think these facts are and do you agree with this statement?

Yuri Bezmenov agrees that the facts of life are conservative. He explains why in this very interesting video.

Feminists and other leftists are useful idiots who serve only to destabilise the society. When the goal is reached, they will be "lined up against the wall".
1984 interview with a former KGB agent and Soviet diplomat, Yuri Bezmenov.

Feminists [And Leftists] Are Useful Idiots, And Doomed. Must Watch.

Full length version below.

tesseract, you realise this s**t is far right (Nazi party, in fact) propaganda don't you?

Jewish/Marxist ideology will enslave us all by liberating women and making men homo's!

Yuri Bezmenov agrees that the facts of life are conservative. He explains why in this very interesting video.

Feminists and other leftists are useful idiots who serve only to destabilise the society. When the goal is reached, they will be "lined up against the wall".
1984 interview with a former KGB agent and Soviet diplomat, Yuri Bezmenov.

Feminists [And Leftists] Are Useful Idiots, And Doomed. Must Watch.

Full length version below.

I'd rather be a useful idiot than a f***ing idiot like you.

I'd rather be a useful idiot than a f***ing idiot like you.

Well, at least you know you're being played for a useful idiot. Such truth is where it needs to be. It's interesting that you've accepted your peon role with open arms. I hope you find contentedness with it.

tesseract, you realise this s**t is far right (Nazi party, in fact) propaganda don't you?

Jewish/Marxist ideology will enslave us all by liberating women and making men homo's!

So many claims across so many threads, but not an once of evidence to back your claims. Who are you a shill for? I hope you're being paid well for your efforts.

It's interesting how a source extremely close to the Soviet government tells us in the video how the Soviets have gone about using the "mentally soft ideologues" to destroy America from the inside out. "Liberating" huh? Your brainwashing is complete.

Well, at least you know you're being played for a useful idiot. Such truth is where it needs to be. It's interesting that you've accepted your peon role with open arms. I hope you find contentedness with it.
I'm just a handmaiden to the 1%, if you think you are any different, then you're fooling yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back