The "Fasolo wants out" hoax thread (Myth officially busted, he's staying)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour has it, it was two more players reported to want out at Collingwood by Barrett. Fasolo was one unsure on the other.

The rumour started two weeks ago that our captain wanted out which is just bullshit, but soon after that then the Beams story surfaced. Will be interesting to see what's going on.

He re signed this year so we just don't let him go... He is worth nothing on the market so if he leaves at end of contract well so be it, he won't be in our best 22 shortly anyhow.

Folks,

Somebody, anybody, anybody at all has got 5 minutes to post a quote from Barrett's Twitter (or some other source - not Nicks) or this will be treated as a hoax and thread locked,

There was two 'journo sourced' threads on EBW yesterday from the same IP address and claiming to be from Tom Browne and Damian Barrett, respectively. There was no source then, nor one to this. There have also been a bunch of new accounts here recently running melodrama stories and posts.

Quite evidently some malcontent(s) are trying to destablilise the club and I'd like to see the banhammer wielded on people posting unsubstantiated rumours or working through proxies. Give the source or DO NOT POST.

Free speech is one thing but this is becoming exhausting and annoying for posters here. Zero tolerance please. If it is opposition, that is lame, from anyone here they deserve a perma-ban.

I want to know where this rumour came from? Clearly not Barrett on tv or Twitter.

My guess is that it came from one of these f*cking naffy AFL trade sites. Seriously I want to know how this thread arose. Why are people on here defending these sites which are purely commercial ventures wanting hits.

I heard that Pendlebury, Adams, Thomas, Cloke, Reid and Sidebottom all wanted outs well :drunk:
I saw a fleet of removal lorries outside the Westpac centre today...everything is going, including the kitchen sink.
The entire club is relocating to Brisbane.

Is it too late to nominate for the draft? Might finally put my hand up seeing as everyone wants out and no one wants to come to us. Could be a team of four with Pendles, Bucks, Blair and myself. Ben Kennedy still on the bench as sub.
I'm short and can't kick. I think I'll get picked up ahead of you mate, so you might have to start bench.

I hope there's nothing to it, and it hasn't been substantiated anywhere yet, by the sounds of it.

He seems to be pretty fond of himself, with the 'Fas Fresh' and 'Prince of Perth' stuff, but when his mind is on the job he can play and his disposal is good.

She's a Roman senator?

SPQR relates to the senate and the citizens of Rome.

And the citizens of Rome were entitled to certain privileges.

So you heard it here first, SCPaige is a Roman citizen. Can somebody tweet that? o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumour seems to have emanated from this site https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews/posts/358311784343056.

I've twittered Barrett and asked if he knows of this rumour to which he is supposedly the author.

Viscount Dave Latham ‏@The_IronSock 7m
@barrettdamian Damian this Facebook account claims you have reported on Fasolo wanting out of Pies. Is this correct? https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews/posts/358311784343056…

If this is the utter bullshit I suspect it is, the people associated with that site need to be excoriated and any rumour from there a permanent asterix denoting this site as utterly bankrupt and associated posts deleted. Someone is trying to make money from it by peddling intrigue.

Sorry for the intrusion guys. Looks like you guys are going through a difficult stage at the moment, so feel free to tell me to piss off.

I was just curious about how Fasolo went this season. At his best Fasolo is a dangerous goal kicking small forward from what I have seen of him. From what I have read in this thread though he is out favour with the club? I heard he was playing off half back this year. It sounds like he could have preformed better in this role?

What do you guys think he would be worth in a trade? I would love him at Richmond as a small forward and he would complete our forward line. If you gentleman don't want to talk to someone trying to snatch one of your talented youngsters off you I understand. :)

SPQR relates to the senate and the citizens of Rome.

And the citizens of Rome were entitled to certain privileges.

So you heard it here first, SCPaige is a Roman citizen. Can somebody tweet that? o_O
I always thought it meant SuperCoach or something? Now having typed this, I see I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Sorry for the intrusion guys. Looks like you guys are going through a difficult stage at the moment, so feel free to tell me to piss off.

I was just curious about how Fasolo went this season. At his best Fasolo is a dangerous goal kicking small forward from what I have seen of him. From what I have read in this thread though he is out favour with the club? I heard he was playing off half back this year. It sounds like he could have preformed better in this role?

What do you guys think he would be worth in a trade? I would love him at Richmond as a small forward and he would complete our forward line. If you gentleman don't want to talk to someone trying to snatch one of your talented youngsters off you I understand. :)

He signed a two year contract extension around four months ago.

Nobody anywhere has been able to substantiate the rumour he wants out - and until someone does it's being treated as a hoax

The rumour seems to have emanated from this site https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews/posts/358311784343056.

I've twittered Barrett and asked if he knows of this rumour to which he is supposedly the author.

Viscount Dave Latham ‏@The_IronSock 7m
@barrettdamian Damian this Facebook account claims you have reported on Fasolo wanting out of Pies. Is this correct? https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews/posts/358311784343056…

If this is the utter bullshit I suspect it is, the people associated with that site need to be excoriated and any rumour from there a permanent asterix denoting this site as utterly bankrupt and associated posts deleted. Someone is trying to make money from it by peddling intrigue.

More like "somebody is trying to wind up Collingwood supporters"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back