The Fitness & Weight Loss Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

ipswichpies what a sensational turn around for you and it's truely fantastic that you have gifted yourself a healthier and better life.

i send you a trillion :rainbow: for your effort and suggest you copy and paste this in the 'give yourself a pat on the back' thread, as you are so deserving of one.

all the best
MG
I thank you very much indeed for your kind thoughts and the rainbow,Magpie Girl very nice indeed and if I can help someone else or show people they can change all the better.

Ps Go the Pies tonight and all the best to you as well MG.

I feel like a changed man I have lost 65kgs I am now 92.5 kgs and I am 188cm and in better health that at any time in the past 30 yrs so if I can change anyone can.I have been very fortunate in some of the people I have met on my journey and who have helped me in my process,I probably eat more now than I did a yr ago and I think I will keep up my exercise regime now until I am finished.

I would be very pleased to hear how you are getting on mate and you have my support even if I am up here in Qld.

Ps Keep it up Smokey and good on you mate.:thumbsu:
What you've lost is amazing! Imagine carrying a 65Kg backpack, you must feel great! I have no idea what my starting weight was, but I've lost 25 cm from the waist so I'm happy with that. I'd like to lose another 20 kilo, but put on 5 kilo in muscle. I've started doing yoga, it's well worth it for a 45yr old single man, the benefits aren't just physical and mental, but also social:)

I'm not that far from you mate, just across the river in Bellbowrie, if you ever want to meet up and watch a game, I'm in.

ipswichpies what a sensational turn around for you and it's truely fantastic that you have gifted yourself a healthier and better life.

i send you a trillion :rainbow: for your effort and suggest you copy and paste this in the 'give yourself a pat on the back' thread, as you are so deserving of one.

all the best
MG

And now he can reach more of his back to pat:)

What you've lost is amazing! Imagine carrying a 65Kg backpack, you must feel great! I have no idea what my starting weight was, but I've lost 25 cm from the waist so I'm happy with that. I'd like to lose another 20 kilo, but put on 5 kilo in muscle. I've started doing yoga, it's well worth it for a 45yr old single man, the benefits aren't just physical and mental, but also social:)

I'm not that far from you mate, just across the river in Bellbowrie, if you ever want to meet up and watch a game, I'm in.
If I had known that Smokey I would just swim across and say hello,avoiding the Sharks of course.25cm off of your waist mate is a bloody good effort that is a few trouser sizes and yes I would love to meet you sometime and watch the Pies go around that would be great.:thumbsu:

Fantastic win last night by the boys it restores my faith again,after last weeks defeat it usually takes until about thursday before I start getting to normal and the depression lifts but games like last night,s make it all worthwhile.

Ps keep in touch and let know how you are going mate. Go the Pies.

Inspirational stuff Ipswich ... I'm going out for a much needed run now
Thank you Spooner Just got back from my evening walk 9klms morning and night and I am stuffed now but 5 am tomorrow will be good to go again.Smoky67 great to hear your photography is going well and it is even better being able to do something you like and getting a few jobs from it it would a dream come true for anyone to make a living from something they love doing.

I've bought myself a bike.

I'l ride it to the gym (doing 4 sessions in the gym and 2 sessions of yoga per week) and down to the shops to buy cigarettes and beer:)
Did you buy a road bike or a mountain bike ? Smokeyr, nothing wrong with beer mate but the ciggies just stunt your growth.

im on Day 1 of 90 of Tap Out XT. Thought it could be good as my back is hammered so i cant do weights anymore, well im restricted in what i can do anyways.
1st workout was pretty tough, was all core based so it killed me. So weak. All MMA fighting moves and stuff, was actually fun at the same time tough.
Anyways no junk food, alcohol or soft drinks for me for 90 days. I know by the end of the week im going to be craving and in a bad mood haha.

im on Day 1 of 90 of Tap Out XT. Thought it could be good as my back is hammered so i cant do weights anymore, well im restricted in what i can do anyways.
1st workout was pretty tough, was all core based so it killed me. So weak. All MMA fighting moves and stuff, was actually fun at the same time tough.
Anyways no junk food, alcohol or soft drinks for me for 90 days. I know by the end of the week im going to be craving and in a bad mood haha.
Mate can you do chest press and other stuff like that and leg work if your back is gone and yes I think you are right England probably will win at Old Trafford from thursday it does not look good for the Aussies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone down for a Bigfooty weight loss competition? It's nearly Summer! If memory serves there was one two years ago!, I need to get in shape!

Also fun fact from a study i read recently: a 200ml cup of green tea = responsible for 5.7g of fat loss on average. I love nutrition studies, people micromanage things to the extreme!

29 inch mountain bike - in our area theres lots of trails, and I'd prefer not to be a road victim:)

Heres what I bought http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-au/bikes/model/trance.x.29er.1/12031/57332/

Got to give up the smoking, I'll save around $6k per year!
Yeah you are right there are some crazy bastards on the road but also a few dickhead cyclists.

I myself have had a roadbike for around 25 yrs a nice light all alloy bike with good quality suntour cyclone gear and I used to do a few clicks myself.So I have seen both sides in action drivers and cyclists so I know there are fools on both sides,enjoy your bike mate I use to ride to Nudgee beach a bit myself and it was nice ride and there are a few cycle track there now on the wetlands so it is a nice spot.:thumbsu:

Mate $6k a year is well worth saving too.:thumbsu:

Anyone down for a Bigfooty weight loss competition? It's nearly Summer! If memory serves there was one two years ago!, I need to get in shape!

Also fun fact from a study i read recently: a 200ml cup of green tea = responsible for 5.7g of fat loss on average. I love nutrition studies, people micromanage things to the extreme!
That is a great idea mate about the competition a little bit of support and encouragement go a long way also a little competition is not bad either.

Read that having eggs in the morning really help weight loss because of how filling it is. 2 eggs in the morning should last you until lunch.

Also, currently on a low carb and calorie diet. Im finding it works quite well

Are you drinking them out of a glass like Rocky?
Lol no, dont think I could do that.

I think thats better if your looking for sources of protein in muscle building.

Another misconception that I had was that you need a carb load if your doing exercise. The only time you need carbs is for intense training like for a marathon or for muscle workouts.

That is a great idea mate about the competition a little bit of support and encouragement go a long way also a little competition is not bad either.

Tots! I've only been to they gym 3 times over the last 2 weeks! Been using work as an excuse but really I just need a kick up the backside!

Have to share this ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...533.1073741829.474103132647243&type=1&theater

" Have you read about the man that ate 20 potatoes a day for 6 month straight? Chris Voigt's starchy journey presents a very interesting case study, and acts as a reminder that even well renowned nutrition researchers have their biases! For example, check out this quote from Dr. Willett, a professor of epidemiology and nutrition at the Harvard School of Public Health.

"If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread, pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the problems we have with weight and diabetes and other metabolic diseases."

So what happened to Chris? At the conclusion of Chris' 60 day potato diet, he was down about 13 kilograms and substantial improvements were noted on all his major health parameters. It just goes to show that the "healthiness" of foods are largely context dependent, and black and white nutrition statements should always be questioned, regardless of the source. "

lol this industry

I'm in the comp.

Lets say we start on a sunday, and go for 4 weeks.

I'll Start this Sunday - atm I'm 96 ish kilo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back