The five things I've noticed - Round 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Im a cats fan, why would i be bitter. Just call it how it has always been. Eagles get absolutely every ssingle "letter of the law" free, pay one against them ..BOOOOOOOOO. lol pathetic.

They are VASTLY over rated and so is naitenui, my god id rather goldstein lol, and that is saying alot.

1) geelong still the greatest team of all
2) umpires very clearly ignoring free kicks then paying them to the opposition to keep viewers watching or to get the afl fav the win (west coast each week)
3)west coast waaaaaaaay over rated, ( please wins against saints, dogs and the dees makes them flag contenders? lol)
4) nic nat most over rated player in the competition by a country mile, (brodie grundy is ten times the player and 4/5 years younger) but the second nic nat touches the ball the commentators cream their pants as if told to thru the ear piece on cue
5) again if you wear a west coast guernsey you can get away with murder. Darren glass gets a week for jumping off the ground, hitting the head, and sending the guy to hospital? Yep only west coast or sydney get away with that. Stevie j would have got 4 weeks
92 + 94 still burning bro?

OP- brad ebert is the big bodied mid WCE desperately need, hurt when he left.

My 1-5:
1. Port!
2. Sydney are coming
3. Injury prone recruits are injury prone recruits.
4. Saints are better than I thought, scratch that, roo is still a superstar!
5. hawthorn have lost their one game game for the year

No, dont really care about 92 or 94 to be honest, seriously is this the best you can do? Do you watch any footy today? West coast get all the frees, the afl gets such a hard on for the $ they generate that they absolute must be deemed a "force", even if it means pathetically gifting them dees, bulldogs and saints straight up for percentage.

What happened when they played a quality side? They got smashed, please forget cats have HUGE outs, so much so that they were expected to flounder this year. No motlop, christo, smedts, vardy, caddy, etc etc. But you dont hear "underdone" cats excuses, or Fake injuries like natenui to explain his complete lack of afl ability.

West coast will always be seen as the real money maker, so freo gets the raw deal (seriously nic nat would of got off in fyfes case), adelaide are seen as the $ over the ugly duckling port, and the big mighty hard on for sydney too. It is always money over fairness, which is why teams like sydney and west coast can hold their forward target and its play on, can jump in the air and hit the head and get away with it (glass yet again) (mcveigh) . As soon as west coast are seen to be out of a game, all of a sudden its a phantom ruck infringement free infront of goal, or they play soccer and dive when they are in scoring distance for the pathetically paid free. Fair enough if it is paid down the other end but it is not.

Umps make mistakes all the time, bad calls happen. But one team gets the rub of the majority of these decisions and thats west coast. Oh no hartlett got a bad call against them, so i guess victoria hates them again lol. Despite the softest draw in afl history and the most frees for in afl history over the past years. Now nic nat is the most exciting player since ablett senior??? LOL....um sorry but no, enough is enough. He can jump, big whoop. But can he impact a game, gather meaningful possesions, and be a presence consistently...NO. So why do the commentators talk him up like he is the brownlow fav, norm smith bound, and the best to ever play the game?

They are told to...for pathetic marketing reasons, not ability. Just like west coast gifted the world, for money, or just like sydney their fans no show. Seriously glass 1 week? Just a coincidence its west coast mmm? So maybe fyfe should in the future jump in the air, go the man, send him to hospital, and get less than an accidental head clash???

Nah not suss at all

No, dont really care about 92 or 94 to be honest, seriously is this the best you can do? Do you watch any footy today? West coast get all the frees, the afl gets such a hard on for the $ they generate that they absolute must be deemed a "force", even if it means pathetically gifting them dees, bulldogs and saints straight up for percentage.

What happened when they played a quality side? They got smashed, please forget cats have HUGE outs, so much so that they were expected to flounder this year. No motlop, christo, smedts, vardy, caddy, etc etc. But you dont hear "underdone" cats excuses, or Fake injuries like natenui to explain his complete lack of afl ability.

West coast will always be seen as the real money maker, so freo gets the raw deal (seriously nic nat would of got off in fyfes case), adelaide are seen as the $ over the ugly duckling port, and the big mighty hard on for sydney too. It is always money over fairness, which is why teams like sydney and west coast can hold their forward target and its play on, can jump in the air and hit the head and get away with it (glass yet again) (mcveigh) . As soon as west coast are seen to be out of a game, all of a sudden its a phantom ruck infringement free infront of goal, or they play soccer and dive when they are in scoring distance for the pathetically paid free. Fair enough if it is paid down the other end but it is not.

Umps make mistakes all the time, bad calls happen. But one team gets the rub of the majority of these decisions and thats west coast. Oh no hartlett got a bad call against them, so i guess victoria hates them again lol. Despite the softest draw in afl history and the most frees for in afl history over the past years. Now nic nat is the most exciting player since ablett senior??? LOL....um sorry but no, enough is enough. He can jump, big whoop. But can he impact a game, gather meaningful possesions, and be a presence consistently...NO. So why do the commentators talk him up like he is the brownlow fav, norm smith bound, and the best to ever play the game?

They are told to...for pathetic marketing reasons, not ability. Just like west coast gifted the world, for money, or just like sydney their fans no show. Seriously glass 1 week? Just a coincidence its west coast mmm? So maybe fyfe should in the future jump in the air, go the man, send him to hospital, and get less than an accidental head clash???

Nah not suss at all

Must hurt supporting a minnow. How's the factories going.

Nah not suss at all
Mate most people will say your a conspiracy nut but you are spot on bro and thank Christ I'm not the only one that sees it.
Be carefull don't say to many bad things about the toast because their mods don't like negative posts about the girls, and they ban you

Nah not suss at all
wa wa waaaaaaaa

A few things I've noticed at this stage in the season

- I was wrong about how good Geelong and Port Adelaide are. Very much wrong.
- Feel like I'm switching off games a lot more this year. Not sure if it's the tactics or the early season form of players but not a lot of memorable contests yet
- The umpiring is better overall, but continues to avoid HTB decisions that should be paid
- The more time I spend thinking about tipping the worse I go

yeah figures, cant have a conversation with a west coast supporter without them quivvering the lip. Instead of facing the truth, they just ban you, when the proof is in the games we all watch. We all pay for memberships and games and its utter bullcrap that the same mutt teams must be strong, otherwise their "loyal" fans no show. AFL should just be honest about it and say there are seperate rules for sydney and west coast.

Ive met fans from all clubs, have both a freo and cats membership , and even the pies fans are far more footy savvy. I can admit when a player plays for another team that id love to have him in my side, half the pies. But all west coast players are good for is putting someone in a coma eventually, espicially when waters is back for his usual one hit to the head off the ball....oh but he is soooo "tough". If glass wore a north guernsey he would cop a very zieball like 3 weeks. I fear any time my club is up to face west coast as i know full well from history "random" suspensions will raid my team to even it up.

If the AFL had umps completely non affiliated to the AFL and its agendas the game would be far better for it. Call the game based on the rules....not who needs to be where for x amount of dollars. Or attendances will drop even more. If you are going to pay west coast all these pathetic high frees that are "there" apparently, then you cant swallow the whistle down the other end and " let them play" . That is match fixing. It is at the stage i dont watch west coast games anymore, seeing that "absolutely amazing" natenui tap in the bulldogs game 2345 times, and in slo mo, a tap no ruck could ever pull off apparently was enough. No wonder this guy is as lazy as they come, he is talked up for being a poor mans cameron wood. So why bother to put any effort in.

Up and coming teams will be screwed out of finals spots because the eagles must win!!!!!!!! And that is about as corrupt as it can get. I respect the pies, i respect freo, i respect ports young talent strong side.....i dont respect the afl darlings.

Trololololol

2) umpires very clearly ignoring free kicks then paying them to the opposition to keep viewers watching or to get the afl fav the win (west coast each week)
3)west coast waaaaaaaay over rated, ( please wins against saints, dogs and the dees makes them flag contenders? lol)
4) nic nat most over rated player in the competition by a country mile, (brodie grundy is ten times the player and 4/5 years younger) but the second nic nat touches the ball the commentators cream their pants as if told to thru the ear piece on cue
5) again if you wear a west coast guernsey you can get away with murder. Darren glass gets a week for jumping off the ground, hitting the head, and sending the guy to hospital? Yep only west coast or sydney get away with that. Stevie j would have got 4 weeks

Im a cats fan, why would i be bitter. Just call it how it has always been. Eagles get absolutely every ssingle "letter of the law" free, pay one against them ..BOOOOOOOOO. lol pathetic.

They are VASTLY over rated and so is naitenui, my god id rather goldstein lol, and that is saying alot.

Nah not suss at all
yeah figures, cant have a conversation with a west coast supporter without them quivvering the lip. Instead of facing the truth, they just ban you, when the proof is in the games we all watch. We all pay for memberships and games and its utter bullcrap that the same mutt teams must be strong, otherwise their "loyal" fans no show. AFL should just be honest about it and say there are seperate rules for sydney and west coast.

Ive met fans from all clubs, have both a freo and cats membership , and even the pies fans are far more footy savvy. I can admit when a player plays for another team that id love to have him in my side, half the pies. But all west coast players are good for is putting someone in a coma eventually, espicially when waters is back for his usual one hit to the head off the ball....oh but he is soooo "tough". If glass wore a north guernsey he would cop a very zieball like 3 weeks. I fear any time my club is up to face west coast as i know full well from history "random" suspensions will raid my team to even it up.

If the AFL had umps completely non affiliated to the AFL and its agendas the game would be far better for it. Call the game based on the rules....not who needs to be where for x amount of dollars. Or attendances will drop even more. If you are going to pay west coast all these pathetic high frees that are "there" apparently, then you cant swallow the whistle down the other end and " let them play" . That is match fixing. It is at the stage i dont watch west coast games anymore, seeing that "absolutely amazing" natenui tap in the bulldogs game 2345 times, and in slo mo, a tap no ruck could ever pull off apparently was enough. No wonder this guy is as lazy as they come, he is talked up for being a poor mans cameron wood. So why bother to put any effort in.

Up and coming teams will be screwed out of finals spots because the eagles must win!!!!!!!! And that is about as corrupt as it can get. I respect the pies, i respect freo, i respect ports young talent strong side.....i dont respect the afl darlings.

Seriously. Get help.

Do you sleep with the light on at night. That paranoid ideation must hurt your head at times

I agree with points 2, 3, you may want to replace 5 with Joel Selwood can get away with murder? dont get me wrong, he s a superstar player with elite skills, but * me he is a umpires pet! falls to the knees before all contact to get a free, shrugs the shoulders to get a high tackle, one day he or someone will do this and get badly injured, until this happens the umps will continue to show duckwood the love.

Hawks are still the best team IMO (i am aware of the result yesterday, i think they have much more upside), hawkins kicked 5 on a defender half his size, and they played well below the best, all hawks key backs to come back in, including some norm smith winner by the name of B.Lake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I'd like to start a weekly thread at the conclusion of every round, stating the five biggest things I've noticed during the weekend of footy, or to shed light on a few things others might have missed (for example, those who can’t watch all the games, etc.).

So anyway; feel free to jump in and have your say!
Some laughable opinions and shallow analysis, but the worst part is how unoriginal you are.
Why regurgitate the s**t you read or hear? You just come across like a poor man's Damian Barrett.
If you're going to start a weekly thread with your FIVE BIGGEST OBSERVATIONS, then at least be fresh.

1. Brad Ebert is underrated.
REALLY?! Or maybe it's just taken him a few years and a change of scenery to fulfil his 1st round draft pick potential. Unnoticed would be a better a description anyway. Port Adelaide are an under-exposed, low-rating football club. Probably no surprise they're starting to get more attention now they're 2nd on the ladder and their good players are starting to get talked about.

2. Nathan Jones deserves $800,000 a year.
Jones is an honest, hard-working dime-a-dozen midfielder. Unquestionably Melbourne's best footballer over the past couple of years. But that doesn't make him worth $800k a year. Quality KPPs are in short supply, so this means Frawley is entitled to receive whatever a club thinks it's worth to get him as a free agent. That's the law of supply and demand. So your comments are completely idiotic.

3. The Saints have some ticker.
This makes me laugh. Such a meaningless, patronising comment. In short, people had no idea what they were saying when they predicted the Saints to win the wooden spoon. It was just guesswork. Nobody bothered to watch St Kilda last year or watch their young footballers training under their new coach. Therefore, the Saints have been a surprise packet in the early rounds and chalked up a few wins. And what do people put it down to? TICKER!!! We'll see how much "ticker" the Saints have as the season wears on and their players cop a few knocks. That's when they'll need to show some heart and fight on.

4. Don’t write off Buddy just yet
The only people who wrote Buddy off were the same knockers who have bagged him for his entire career. I don't think there is a Hawthorn fan out there who "wrote him off". To a man, Hawk fans were gutted he left. Anyone with half a brain would understand that. It's everyone else who questioned whether he was worth the money, that he was in decline, no good, a bad influence, bullshit, bullshit.
We all know how it goes: “COLA, Buddy’s s**t, AFL’s lovechild, Sydney are s**t, COLA, COLA, COLA, etc.”. These are the main points that have been trodden out by some of footy’s most clever intelligentsia (Eddie, Hawks fans, Bay 13 posters, etc.)
What does any of this have to do with Buddy's poor form in the opening rounds? These were legitimate concerns about Sydney's larger salary cap - how it was abused and gave them a competitive advantage over other clubs. Jesus mate, you make a snide quip about "footy’s most clever intelligentsia", but you've basically made a fool of yourself with this analysis. It's all gone over your head. If you're going to write about something, at least pay attention. Try to understand and separate the issues.

5. A trend of inconsistency
It's a trend, huh? How ridiculous. Inconsistency is probably the most consistent aspect of footy. Footballers and coaches are locked in an eternal battle of trying to eliminate inconsistency.
In seasons gone, after the first five rounds you’d expect three or so sides to be undefeated
Last year, we saw 3 teams undefeated after 5 rounds, but you have to to go all the way back to 1995 to find the previous such occurrence. Once in two decades!!! For the most part, there has been just 1 or 2 undefeated teams after 5 matches.

It's possible you only started following the footy last year. If that's the case, then please disregard my criticisms. For someone who has only followed the game for 12 months, you've done a nice job.

Not about to make silly excuses for a loss mate, we got beaten by a better team on the day. Essendon got beaten clearly because of having to play in last weeks heat. Im guessing the big travel factor also had something to do with it.
Someone's always going to make an excuse, someone's always going to take a cheap shot. It's how football works. You might be big enough to acknowledge Freo getting beaten handily, but look around and other Freo supporters will be blaming injuries or whatever the flavour of the week is.

Essendon and Fremantle both sucked this week.

Someone's always going to make an excuse, someone's always going to take a cheap shot. It's how football works. You might be big enough to acknowledge Freo getting beaten handily, but look around and other Freo supporters will be blaming injuries or whatever the flavour of the week is.

Essendon and Fremantle both sucked this week.

Im baffled as to why no one is using the excuse for the losses.
It doesn't take away from the fact that both Sydney and St Kilda turned up and put the heat on and came away with deserved points.

2hrs in 30+ degree heat.
Essendon had the flight to WA and back. (as well as virus' shooting through the club)
Freo had to fly to sydney closer to their next match.

If you think Essendon weren't out on their feet on saturday, watch the game again. Skills were poor, running was lacking and structures fell apart.

Cool, so you're a bitter WA based cats fan.

Some laughable opinions and shallow analysis, but the worst part is how unoriginal you are.
Why regurgitate the s**t you read or hear? You just come across like a poor man's Damian Barrett.
If you're going to start a weekly thread with your FIVE BIGGEST OBSERVATIONS, then at least be fresh.

REALLY?! Or maybe it's just taken him a few years and a change of scenery to fulfil his 1st round draft pick potential. Unnoticed would be a better a description anyway. Port Adelaide are an under-exposed, low-rating football club. Probably no surprise they're starting to get more attention now they're 2nd on the ladder and their good players are starting to get talked about.

Jones is an honest, hard-working dime-a-dozen midfielder. Unquestionably Melbourne's best footballer over the past couple of years. But that doesn't make him worth $800k a year. Quality KPPs are in short supply, so this means Frawley is entitled to receive whatever a club thinks it's worth to get him as a free agent. That's the law of supply and demand. So your comments are completely idiotic.

This makes me laugh. Such a meaningless, patronising comment. In short, people had no idea what they were saying when they predicted the Saints to win the wooden spoon. It was just guesswork. Nobody bothered to watch St Kilda last year or watch their young footballers training under their new coach. Therefore, the Saints have been a surprise packet in the early rounds and chalked up a few wins. And what do people put it down to? TICKER!!! We'll see how much "ticker" the Saints have as the season wears on and their players cop a few knocks. That's when they'll need to show some heart and fight on.

The only people who wrote Buddy off were the same knockers who have bagged him for his entire career. I don't think there is a Hawthorn fan out there who "wrote him off". To a man, Hawk fans were gutted he left. Anyone with half a brain would understand that. It's everyone else who questioned whether he was worth the money, that he was in decline, no good, a bad influence, bullshit, bullshit.
What does any of this have to do with Buddy's poor form in the opening rounds? These were legitimate concerns about Sydney's larger salary cap - how it was abused and gave them a competitive advantage over other clubs. Jesus mate, you make a snide quip about "footy’s most clever intelligentsia", but you've basically made a fool of yourself with this analysis. It's all gone over your head. If you're going to write about something, at least pay attention. Try to understand and separate the issues.

It's a trend, huh? How ridiculous. Inconsistency is probably the most consistent aspect of footy. Footballers and coaches are locked in an eternal battle of trying to eliminate inconsistency.
Last year, we saw 3 teams undefeated after 5 rounds, but you have to to go all the way back to 1995 to find the previous such occurrence. Once in two decades!!! For the most part, there has been just 1 or 2 undefeated teams after 5 matches.

It's possible you only started following the footy last year. If that's the case, then please disregard my criticisms. For someone who has only followed the game for 12 months, you've done a nice job.
You're the internet hero bigfooty deserves, but not the one it needs right now

You're the internet hero bigfooty deserves, but not the one it needs right now

You liked his post. I didn't. Each to their own

At least I state my reasons, unlike you. I gave some constructive criticism. Maybe I went a little hard, but the OP should know if he's gonna to have a crack at Hawthorn fans with facetious remarks like "intelligentsia" and misrepresent their views on Buddy, then he should expect a return of serve.

That's how trolling works.

I didn't resort to pure name-calling, but focused on the various topics.

What do you offer the thread besides calling me a hero?

As i said not bitter, so you are one of those eagles fans, who knows they get away with blue murder, but still plays the victoria hates us card if one free is dared paid against you. It is blindingly obvious , and once again glass gets off for a all mighty thug hit. Please explain to me how zieball cops 3 weeks on two different occasions when he clearly eyes the ball, even hits the ball first making a genuine spoil attempt on one and smother on the other. But glass eyes only on the man, jumps off the ground and lands a elbow so viscious it sends the guy to hospital, and he gets one week??? Low impact huh? Lol

You can say what you want, bitter, blah blah. But lets not have our head up our ass hey, lets call it what it is. Glass gets one week, because even the eagles 4th team would beat carlton right now, so its "ok" for the afl to suspend him, but he absolutely must be back for the derby. So glass and thompson deserve the same suspension? LOL um no. Glass and ballayntyne deserve the same suspension? LOL um no.

It is all in the guernsey, will hodge get done for hitting stevie j the exact same way bellas hit that swan? You bet your balls no. And that is because the afl wants west coast to be number one. If the constant frees they get to break momentum or to land a goal get lost on the uneducated masses watching....then the mrp decisions that go their way EVERYTIME are obvious enough to even the most blind,mute person on earth.

Oh the mrp got it wrong is the media call lol, uhuh...so why dont the media delve a little deeper and show just how many times they get it "wrong" for the west coast guernsey. My bet is they are told not to do so. I could produce a video package showing all the dubious cat suspensions over the past 2 years (bartel, stevie j) and compare that to west coast getting off over the same period ( shuey, glass, nic nat, waters, lynch) .

It dont take a genius. AFL is more rigged than boxing and more scripted than wwe

You liked his post. I didn't. Each to their own

At least I state my reasons, unlike you. I gave some constructive criticism. Maybe I went a little hard, but the OP should know if he's gonna to have a crack at Hawthorn fans with facetious remarks like "intelligentsia" and misrepresent their views on Buddy, then he should expect a return of serve.

That's how trolling works.

I didn't resort to pure name-calling, but focused on the various topics.

What do you offer the thread besides calling me a hero?
Me? I offer condescension of your opinion in order to bignote myself & feel like a hero. What do you offer this thread?

As i said not bitter, so you are one of those eagles fans, who knows they get away with blue murder, but still plays the victoria hates us card if one free is dared paid against you. It is blindingly obvious , and once again glass gets off for a all mighty thug hit. Please explain to me how zieball cops 3 weeks on two different occasions when he clearly eyes the ball, even hits the ball first making a genuine spoil attempt on one and smother on the other. But glass eyes only on the man, jumps off the ground and lands a elbow so viscious it sends the guy to hospital, and he gets one week??? Low impact huh? Lol

You can say what you want, bitter, blah blah. But lets not have our head up our ass hey, lets call it what it is. Glass gets one week, because even the eagles 4th team would beat carlton right now, so its "ok" for the afl to suspend him, but he absolutely must be back for the derby. So glass and thompson deserve the same suspension? LOL um no. Glass and ballayntyne deserve the same suspension? LOL um no.

It is all in the guernsey, will hodge get done for hitting stevie j the exact same way bellas hit that swan? You bet your balls no. And that is because the afl wants west coast to be number one. If the constant frees they get to break momentum or to land a goal get lost on the uneducated masses watching....then the mrp decisions that go their way EVERYTIME are obvious enough to even the most blind,mute person on earth.

Oh the mrp got it wrong is the media call lol, uhuh...so why dont the media delve a little deeper and show just how many times they get it "wrong" for the west coast guernsey. My bet is they are told not to do so. I could produce a video package showing all the dubious cat suspensions over the past 2 years (bartel, stevie j) and compare that to west coast getting off over the same period ( shuey, glass, nic nat, waters, lynch) .

It dont take a genius. AFL is more rigged than boxing and more scripted than wwe

attachment.php

1. It doesn't matter where Ebert went in the draft, he's damn underrated.

2. Jones is the most deserving of a nice pay packet. He's the heart and soul of that club, he's tried his guts out and has been their best player by a long way for the past few years (Plus they still have to pay the salary cap. Let's face it, most of the players don't deserve a hell of a lot).

Don't quote the market system to me. I know its mechanisms and I know exactly why 'Chip' would be able to get that kind of money. In this instance, I was talking about how the most deserving player should get $800,000 a year. I was merely giving Jones a pump up.

3. The Saints were pretty poor last year, then Dal Santo and Milne left, their coach was sacked, I thought Riewoldt would slow down, so it was hard to see where their goals and midfield class would come from. Billings and Dunstan were both yet to play a game, so I didn't really didn't give them much hope (like a lot of others). It's good to see them have a couple of wins though.

4. Obviously you haven't been on BigFooty long. Oh that's right, you joined up last month. You're a f****** newbie. If you knew anything you'd know how much s**t everyone gave Buddy, the Swans, COLA, etc. after his defection to the Swans. So many were writing him off after a couple of lean games, but as was shown on the weekend, he'll be right the big Budweiser.

5. The trend of inconsistency was more focussed on the teams from 4 to 15 who are clogging up the middle of the table. Still doesn't change the fact that only one team is undefeated this season which doesn't occur that often so early into the season. You usually have 4 teams who finish on 16 wins or above, but I'm not sure that will happen this year if teams continue to be so inconsistent. (Yes I know that if teams continue to be inconsistent, that is in itself a trend of consistency, so shut the f*** up).

But more than that, don't try and claim some sort of intellectual superiority over me. You're just a little bitch in the grand scheme of things. Don't ever forget it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back