The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

jxpDhnm.png

decent season. harnik the top scorer from right midfield is pretty bloody good. big contributions from:

• philip heise, 6 assists at left back from only 13 starts. forced me to drop insua midway through the season before regular rotation. avg of 7.64.
  • harnik of course, 12 goals and 9 assists from right mid and occasionally as an emergency striker. avg of 7.62.
  • gentner, the main man in midfield. the captain at 30 who makes the team tick. 3 goals 3 assists from 27 starts, avg of 7.53.
  • florian klein, 29 year old austrian right back. 1 goal 3 assists bombing up and down the flank, avg of 7.48.
  • kostic, harnik's partner on the left. 5 goals 4 assists from 25 starts. young and plenty of time to grow, avg of 7.40.
  • ferati, the 18 year old monster who forced himself into the team when didavi refused to sign on/got injured and maxim has shocking stamina. scored some important goals behind the striker, most before he turned 17. 4 goals 2 assists from 8 starts, ran out of legs towards the end of the season like most players.
  • baumgartl, not the most impressive stats but made more starts than anyone as a 20 year old at centre back. an absolute monster back there, has ideal stats for a centre back, and still has 15 years left at least. barely makes any mistakes, would recommend for anyone looking for a young cb in the mould of rugani.
managed to make some signings. got rulli coming on a free from sociedad, likely to replace tyton who i will sell, and is an upgrade on langerak. neudstader from schalke is also coming on a free, to add some depth into a very young midfield which needs someone to rotate in as a ball winning mid. only signings i made for this season were sergi gomez for 2.2 mil from celta, who became a formidable partner for baumgartl after he learnt german. mirko ivanic from vojvodina was disappointing, ended the season in stuttgart 2 but will be given another chance after doing well down there. andrija zivkovic was another signing, originally on a pre contract but it cost only 500k to bring him over.

in what is a bit of a shame didavi refuses to extend his contract with me, but he was a major disappointment due to the form of maxim/ferati and injury. only managed 8 starts but gave 3 assists, but has had 3 serious injuries (torn hamstring, back stress fracture and back strain) so maybe it's for the best. have an initial budget of 11 mil for next season but will have room to move. expect some big clubs to come in for my players with big offers so that might be a problem. but hey, we've got money, and we've got champions league with a balanced and mostly youthful squad.

jxpDhnm.png

decent season. harnik the top scorer from right midfield is pretty bloody good. big contributions from:

• philip heise, 6 assists at left back from only 13 starts. forced me to drop insua midway through the season before regular rotation. avg of 7.64.
  • harnik of course, 12 goals and 9 assists from right mid and occasionally as an emergency striker. avg of 7.62.
  • gentner, the main man in midfield. the captain at 30 who makes the team tick. 3 goals 3 assists from 27 starts, avg of 7.53.
  • florian klein, 29 year old austrian right back. 1 goal 3 assists bombing up and down the flank, avg of 7.48.
  • kostic, harnik's partner on the left. 5 goals 4 assists from 25 starts. young and plenty of time to grow, avg of 7.40.
  • ferati, the 18 year old monster who forced himself into the team when didavi refused to sign on/got injured and maxim has shocking stamina. scored some important goals behind the striker, most before he turned 17. 4 goals 2 assists from 8 starts, ran out of legs towards the end of the season like most players.
  • baumgartl, not the most impressive stats but made more starts than anyone as a 20 year old at centre back. an absolute monster back there, has ideal stats for a centre back, and still has 15 years left at least. barely makes any mistakes, would recommend for anyone looking for a young cb in the mould of rugani.
managed to make some signings. got rulli coming on a free from sociedad, likely to replace tyton who i will sell, and is an upgrade on langerak. neudstader from schalke is also coming on a free, to add some depth into a very young midfield which needs someone to rotate in as a ball winning mid. only signings i made for this season were sergi gomez for 2.2 mil from celta, who became a formidable partner for baumgartl after he learnt german. mirko ivanic from vojvodina was disappointing, ended the season in stuttgart 2 but will be given another chance after doing well down there. andrija zivkovic was another signing, originally on a pre contract but it cost only 500k to bring him over.

in what is a bit of a shame didavi refuses to extend his contract with me, but he was a major disappointment due to the form of maxim/ferati and injury. only managed 8 starts but gave 3 assists, but has had 3 serious injuries (torn hamstring, back stress fracture and back strain) so maybe it's for the best. have an initial budget of 11 mil for next season but will have room to move. expect some big clubs to come in for my players with big offers so that might be a problem. but hey, we've got money, and we've got champions league with a balanced and mostly youthful squad.
Can you post a screenshot of your transfers kizz?

s**t so Stuttgart are pretty much a ready to go side to challenge. What's your budget like next season?

yeah they're pretty well covered. also got rudiger back as roma didnt take up the option, which is huge. got 11 mil based on the objectives given, which werent too demanding. think it was top half finish, champions league group stage (which i'm already in) and 4th round of the cup. already done some work.

wNmGUmm.png

ZXdN8rB.png

brought rojas back into the squad from loan to be a backup wide midfielder. trying to sell tyton (cos he's older than langerak and doesn't play the sweeper keeper role properly and i have a 22 year old gk in the 2 team who is quite good and homegrown) and hlousek, who purely isn't good enough now rojas is back. no bites so far though. ibisevic is pre programmed into the game which is disappointing but hertha got relegated so sucks to be him. everton and southamption also got relegated. some crazy manager movements too.

Took a gig at Racing who in the season 2018/19 or so were sitting in the 3rd tier in Spain. Comfortably won the league after being favourites in the first season with my striker scoring something like 38 in 41 and my RW, Alvaro Cejudo - a ridiculously good signing on loan from a Liga BBVA side although I couldn't convince him to not retire and sign permanently at the end of the season - scoring 19 and having 20 assists.

The next season I was given the objective of finishing mid table in Liga Adelante yet the team somehow shocked everyone and won the league again securing back to back promotions to the top flight. Unfortunately many of my best players were either on loan or were unhappy and refused to sign a contract extension so I lost them at the end of the season.

So I entered the top flight season with approximately only 15 senior contracted players in the squad and a few 18-19 year olds returning from loan spells. Yet with all the yearly wage increases and the increases for securing promotion I had a massive negative wage budget and no transfer budget. I thought this would be fixed when the board set the objectives and budget so I would be able to rebuild the squad yet the when the board finally set the objectives they didn't increase either budgets and I didn't have the option to ask them to give me more money. This finally changed a week before the season started and I desperately needed players as two of my key players both suffered injuries in pre season meaning they would miss the first few weeks of the season. However, when I asked the board to increase the transfer and wage budgets they refused, saying that they were comfortable with how things stood, despite the fact that I had a threadbare squad that was expected to avoid relegation. I leaked to the press, hoping to put pressure on them, yet a short conversation later I was unceremoniously sacked, despite bringing the club back to back championships.

tl;dr took a club to back-to-back promotions yet I was sacked on the eve of the top flight season beacuse I had no money to rebuild the squad. Anyone has anything similar happen to them?

Took a gig at Racing who in the season 2018/19 or so were sitting in the 3rd tier in Spain. Comfortably won the league after being favourites in the first season with my striker scoring something like 38 in 41 and my RW, Alvaro Cejudo - a ridiculously good signing on loan from a Liga BBVA side although I couldn't convince him to not retire and sign permanently at the end of the season - scoring 19 and having 20 assists.

The next season I was given the objective of finishing mid table in Liga Adelante yet the team somehow shocked everyone and won the league again securing back to back promotions to the top flight. Unfortunately many of my best players were either on loan or were unhappy and refused to sign a contract extension so I lost them at the end of the season.

So I entered the top flight season with approximately only 15 senior contracted players in the squad and a few 18-19 year olds returning from loan spells. Yet with all the yearly wage increases and the increases for securing promotion I had a massive negative wage budget and no transfer budget. I thought this would be fixed when the board set the objectives and budget so I would be able to rebuild the squad yet the when the board finally set the objectives they didn't increase either budgets and I didn't have the option to ask them to give me more money. This finally changed a week before the season started and I desperately needed players as two of my key players both suffered injuries in pre season meaning they would miss the first few weeks of the season. However, when I asked the board to increase the transfer and wage budgets they refused, saying that they were comfortable with how things stood, despite the fact that I had a threadbare squad that was expected to avoid relegation. I leaked to the press, hoping to put pressure on them, yet a short conversation later I was unceremoniously sacked, despite bringing the club back to back championships.

tl;dr took a club to back-to-back promotions yet I was sacked on the eve of the top flight season beacuse I had no money to rebuild the squad. Anyone has anything similar happen to them?
No never sacked on the eve of the season. Did you run the clubs finance that far into the ground that your job security was effected badly?

that's a pretty fair effort, spanish league that far down is an absolute hell hole. no money, back to back promotions is quite an achievement. never done the leak to the press bit though. i did ultimatum once in 14 and this was after 8 years of winning, sacked. think it's pretty overpowered.

No never sacked on the eve of the season. Did you run the clubs finance that far into the ground that your job security was effected badly?
Nah. Club was listed as having secure finances and I had 'untouchable' job security. I think it was because I leaked the lack of a budget increase to the press and I can't remember the response I gave but they said that no one is bigger than the club then sacked me.

Nah. Club was listed as having secure finances and I had 'untouchable' job security. I think it was because I leaked the lack of a budget increase to the press and I can't remember the response I gave but they said that no one is bigger than the club then sacked me.
Ohh misread. Actually only really skim read. Yep that happened to me from levy in 13 or 14

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure this happened to me when I took over then League Two side Rotherham back in FM12 or 13 and turned them into a stable mid table PL side after about 6 years in charge. Think I even won the league cup from memory. I wanted to push onto the european places but the silly board didn't match my ambition. :p

Picked up the new FM over the weekend - Toon get a SFA wage budget and about 1.5m transfer kitty. Thankfully I started with Saivet and Shelvey so my CM stocks are a bit stronger. Got Cole on loan at LB and trying to get Michu on a free to boost my attacking options. Need another CB but won't have the money. Found a really good young Argie CB prospect available relatively cheap - just need to drum up the cash to get him.

Janmaat seems popular - fended off bids from Chelsea, Man Utd and PSG already and Perez seems to be our best prospect in the squad.

Pretty sure this happened to me when I took over then League Two side Rotherham back in FM12 or 13 and turned them into a stable mid table PL side after about 6 years in charge. Think I even won the league cup from memory. I wanted to push onto the european places but the silly board didn't match my ambition. :p
I actually went back to an earlier save shortly before I was sacked with Racing because I wanted to see it through and play with them in the top flight after the consecutive promotions. Had the expectation to avoid relegation, yet with two games left in the season I was sitting in 4th, 1 point ahead of 5th (which was Grenada) and I was playing Grenada at home in the penultimate game of the season to secure a Champions League spot. Unfortunately I lost 4-0 and then drew the last game of the season to eventually finish 5th, but still, to get European football after consecutive promotions was a fair effort.

Picked up the new FM over the weekend - Toon get a SFA wage budget and about 1.5m transfer kitty. Thankfully I started with Saivet and Shelvey so my CM stocks are a bit stronger. Got Cole on loan at LB and trying to get Michu on a free to boost my attacking options. Need another CB but won't have the money. Found a really good young Argie CB prospect available relatively cheap - just need to drum up the cash to get him.

Janmaat seems popular - fended off bids from Chelsea, Man Utd and PSG already and Perez seems to be our best prospect in the squad.
Perez does well with Aguero at City in my save. Which Argie CB? Might struggle getting a WP

I actually went back to an earlier save shortly before I was sacked with Racing because I wanted to see it through and play with them in the top flight after the consecutive promotions. Had the expectation to avoid relegation, yet with two games left in the season I was sitting in 4th, 1 point ahead of 5th (which was Grenada) and I was playing Grenada at home in the penultimate game of the season to secure a Champions League spot. Unfortunately I lost 4-0 and then drew the last game of the season to eventually finish 5th, but still, to get European football after consecutive promotions was a fair effort.

Damn! Very impressive. I don't think I've ever managed in the Spanish leagues previously - tempted to give it a crack one day. Hopefully getting European football is enough to get the board to pull their wallets out! ;)

Perez does well with Aguero at City in my save. Which Argie CB? Might struggle getting a WP

Nice, what year are you in? I'm hoping Mitro, Perez and Armstrong all come on and become my strikers for the next decade or so.

I think the name was Manamma or something - plays for River Plate. Only 19 I think so could be an issue with the wp if he needs one (didn't check if he back another nationality) - I was planning to loan them out if I did get them for regular matches. Still in my first preseason. :)

Nice, what year are you in? I'm hoping Mitro, Perez and Armstrong all come on and become my strikers for the next decade or so.

I think the name was Manamma or something - plays for River Plate. Only 19 I think so could be an issue with the wp if he needs one (didn't check if he back another nationality) - I was planning to loan them out if I did get them for regular matches. Still in my first preseason. :)
I'm towards the end of my 2nd season. Mammana is very good signed him on FM15! My suggestion would be the Danish and Swedish leagues. Some very handy CBs for under 2m there

I'm towards the end of my 2nd season. Mammana is very good signed him on FM15! My suggestion would be the Danish and Swedish leagues. Some very handy CBs for under 2m there

Nice! I never got him on 2015 but seems like he's a pretty good prospect!

Definitely - I got Sviatchenko last year and tossing up whether to get him again, available quite cheap. Think he just moved to Celtic in real life.

Nice! I never got him on 2015 but seems like he's a pretty good prospect!

Definitely - I got Sviatchenko last year and tossing up whether to get him again, available quite cheap. Think he just moved to Celtic in real life.
Checkout a guy called Joakim Nillson. I tried doing a Championship save and could snare him down there and looked like he'd be quality that I could keep once promoted

Checkout a guy called Joakim Nillson. I tried doing a Championship save and could snare him down there and looked like he'd be quality that I could keep once promoted

Will give him a look tonight! Thanks for the tip.

Damn! Very impressive. I don't think I've ever managed in the Spanish leagues previously - tempted to give it a crack one day. Hopefully getting European football is enough to get the board to pull their wallets out! ;)
They did to an extent; 10m transfer budget and 120,000 pounds in wage budget. I generally don't know how it happened though but I think I got a bit lucky. Even players that had no right to be good, like an 18-year old CB I signed on a free after he was released by Bayern came in after an injury crisis in defence and averaged about a 7.4 rating over a 10-15 game stretch, and iirc had the highest rating in a draw with Real at the Bernabeu.

They did to an extent; 10m transfer budget and 120,000 pounds in wage budget. I generally don't know how it happened though but I think I got a bit lucky. Even players that had no right to be good, like an 18-year old CB I signed on a free after he was released by Bayern came in after an injury crisis in defence and averaged about a 7.4 rating over a 10-15 game stretch, and iirc had the highest rating in a draw with Real at the Bernabeu.

Time to go shopping methinks! :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back