FTA-TV The Footy Show - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Hughes has his place on TV, but I've never liked his stand up. The Project and Before the Game suited him, so he will be best served on the Footy Show as sitting on the panel providing scripted one liners in response to a story.... kinda like Trev.

Last edited:
Was never a fan of Hughes and his performance tonight was even worse than his one off last season. Only one half way funny joke about Hird and the delusional Essendon supporters but that's it.

The whole show felt kind of lazy, awkward and flat, more disorganized than usual. I still tune in every Thursday night but tonight's season opener was not a great start.

Was never a fan of Hughes and his performance tonight was even worse than his one off last season. Only one half way funny joke about Hird and the delusional Essendon supporters but that's it.

The whole show felt kind of lazy, awkward and flat, more disorganized than usual. I still tune in every Thursday night but tonight's season opener was not a great start.
Pre-season shows are always a little bit flat, it'll get better once round one rolls around.

Sounds like your average episode to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Attempting to watch this in QLD and channel 9 has a ******* police show on instead. It's 20 minutes since the advertised starting time. * off channel 9. Useless campaigners.

thats nothing...back when I lived on the GC in the mid 90s it never came on till midnight.

I'm in Brisbane and it didn't air until quarter past 12 tonight. Was scheduled for 11:40pm, but managed to start after midnight. ******* BS.
So nothing has changed lol

I used to set the VCR to record it from 11.30 with a 3 hour tape to make sure I'd get it in full.

I didn't even crack a smile. I hope he's just a panellist and he isn't doing stand up every week.

This. He's had all summer to nail his introduction, and that's the best he can come up with? What's he going to be like if he only has a week to prepare?

Dave's a likeable fella, and I enjoy watching him on panel shows, but I hope the stand-up was a one-off. JB's forced/fake laughter was even more painful to listen to than the comedy routine.

I reckon this year they need to explore further the possibility that Bill Brownless may or may not enjoy drinking beer.

They've hinted at it in the past but never really given a definitive answer. Maybe this year.

I think most people agree that Bill would be a pretty good bloke. The question is how this guy has been able to go year after year in the media without contributing a damned thing. I remember him on breakfast radio on SEN, all he did was sit there and read the newspaper. And on TV, his entire act is based around a fat bastard who drinks beer. He appears on Sunday morning football shows and talks about games he saw a little bit of on TV the night before whilst drinking beer with his mates. I mean, come on. Surely to earn the kind of lolly he'd be on, you should be able to expect a little more than this?

I think most people agree that Bill would be a pretty good bloke. The question is how this guy has been able to go year after year in the media without contributing a damned thing. I remember him on breakfast radio on SEN, all he did was sit there and read the newspaper. And on TV, his entire act is based around a fat bastard who drinks beer. He appears on Sunday morning football shows and talks about games he saw a little bit of on TV the night before whilst drinking beer with his mates. I mean, come on. Surely to earn the kind of lolly he'd be on, you should be able to expect a little more than this?

i reckon bill can provide some insight into the game, however you are right. he doesnt give anything other than being a good bloke (everyone must agree on).

yes on SEN cohosts made fun of his lack of research every day. eventually something had to give and im pretty sure he was tapped on the shoulder and advised services no longer required. however, the reason for him leaving at the time was due to early morning starts. but then again they did say tim watson left sen because he was promoted at ch 7 and didnt have the time to contribute to radio. now he's back.....the station must think listeners are idiots.

I think if people are watching the Footy Show to actually get an analysis of footy then they've got the wrong idea. It's been like this for a number of years

Kick Hughes

Alternate Crawf and Billy each week, and don't have Shance doing awkward s**t with players' missus'

Jonathan Brown to succeed Newman when the time comes.

Stop bringing in boring players, bring in guys like Rockliff, Stevie J, Dane Swan, any others?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back