Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I don't know if you are saying that I'm the anti Hawk, I won't tell you my details, but I am a Hawk, really what you people think of me on the Hawthorn site doesn't matter.
Getting back to the real point that made me angry.
Franklins girlfriend answered some questions , one of you on here assumed she was either not being straight or setting up an excuse line for them? I don't know for sure, but the pot shots at her were weird , why , because she is good to look at or something , isn't that her job? As a model?

But my main shot at some of you fellow Hawthorn supporters or members, is that one poster thought that because she didn't name his illness, that she was treating us like dopes and not telling the full story. Or making news for herself off Buddy??? You know that not me!

So forget about football and online exiting things about celebrities and understand that a former Hawk president actually headed the beyond blue operation , and one of you also mentioned you had had an issue or whatever with mental illness, I said, and I still believe it, that who ever you are who wrote that know nothing about mental illness and putting a name and words to a horror if you ever experienced that, you would understand where I am coming from.

I assume that Franklins girlfriend is not a sufferer and is more than likely totally terrified of what might happen in the future , because Buddy may have an issue in his head that will need managing for many years maybe his whole lifetime.

I would say one or two of you guys whether your joking or not may have some idea of what I'm saying the rest I suggest have no experience .

You are not being fair .

You don't have to be a celebrity or a drug addict or a drunk to get mental illness, its a sickness, like a broken back, but you can't always see it, even when you have it!
Or we are suspicious of what she is doing - seemingly use the media and buddy to extend her 15 seconds of fame.

Or we are suspicious of what she is doing - seemingly use the media and buddy to extend her 15 seconds of fame.
"15 seconds of fame" is on the money.

She is just another wannabe who will eventually be overtaken by others doing the same. She does "have" Lance though.....a pretty impressive "fashion accessory".

A souless industry that seems to chew up a lot of people and then spit them out.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

"15 seconds of fame" is on the money.

She is just another wannabe who will eventually be overtaken by others doing the same. She does "have" Lance though.....a pretty impressive "fashion accessory".

A souless industry that seems to chew up a lot of people and then spit them out.

She's Lara Bingle 2.0 only without the preceding controversial tourism campaign, and yet to have the following cheating controversy. Good thing Fev's stuck in South Africa.

"Media whore" = someone whose only skill is in being famous. Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Jesinta Campbell... I am trying to think of some male examples so that I don't come across all sexist
hqdefault.jpg

More likely he wanted to do a Tony Lockett and get out of the fishbowl of Melbourne. With his mental health issues I bet he prefers being a little bit more anonymous in Sydney than he would be in Melbourne.
LOL. Really laughed at this. In Melbourne he is a footballler among many, in sydney he is the only footballer now that the diving, leg-first-sliding, knacker-grabbing, australian of the year is gone. Truly hilarious, and as already mentioned he didn't leave to get out of the fish bowl he left for cola flavoured premierships. Mental illness goes better with coke - I mean cola.

LOL. Really laughed at this. In Melbourne he is a footballler among many, in sydney he is the only footballer now that the diving, leg-first-sliding, knacker-grabbing, australian of the year is gone. Truly hilarious, and as already mentioned he didn't leave to get out of the fish bowl he left for cola flavoured premierships. Mental illness goes better with coke - I mean cola.
Didn't he sack his football manager, Pickering, and sign up with Jacinta's media manager? If that's right it indicates a desire to increase his media profile/presence over his football.

Didn't he sack his football manager, Pickering, and sign up with Jacinta's media manager? If that's right it indicates a desire to increase his media profile/presence over his football.
He did

Its amazing how people tool the bait from franklin amd the afl, about him wanting to escape Melbourne's "fishbowl"

Its almost a carbon copy of lockett in the 90s

And the people trying to say that he wasnt enjoying living in the spotlight in Melb are full of it.

Its amazing how people tool the bait from franklin amd the afl, about him wanting to escape Melbourne's "fishbowl"
It was the most plausible reason they could think of when the truth -"I've been offered so much cash I can't say no!"- was never going to work. They also pitched the reason that he wanted to live in Sydney to be nearer his dickhead Rugby mates and that it was as much a "lifestyle" choice as anything.

What I remember most though was when he was interviewed soon after turncoating to the Swans he made absolutely no mention of Hawthorn whatsoever. No tributes to his former teammates, no words of thanks to the club that'd made him what he was, and no expression of gratitude to the coach who'd mentored him in his early days.

How ironic that the abundance of class Franklin has shown on the field has been mirrored by the complete absence of it he's demonstrated off it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More likely he wanted to do a Tony Lockett and get out of the fishbowl of Melbourne. With his mental health issues I bet he prefers being a little bit more anonymous in Sydney than he would be in Melbourne.
You just better hope he doesn't suffer another episode and miss games as you'll miss finals altogether. He single handedly dragged your sorry club across the line on at least 4-5 occasions last year.

What I remember most though was when he was interviewed soon after turncoating to the Swans he made absolutely no mention of Hawthorn whatsoever. No tributes to his former teammates, no words of thanks to the club that'd made him what he was, and no expression of gratitude to the coach who'd mentored him in his early days.

That's why he attended both Jordan Lewis and Jarryd Roughead's weddings, because he is a prick of a bloke.

Footy season can't come quick enough for a lot of you posters.

There were a few factors for mine and would all be significant.

- Partner living/working in Sydney
- Once in a lifetime deal
- Anonymity

Franklin is the most recognisable footballer in the country and would have been hearing comments, both good and bad, from practically every person he walked past. I can’t imagine how it is for these guys to have quiet coffee with the missus on the weekend at the local café, go shopping at the supermarket, etc. Yes, some may love the attention and yes, I understand that this comes with the money and the fame - but that doesn’t mean it would be any less frustrating. Obviously he doesn’t get anywhere near the same amount of attention in Sydney, unless he’s involved in some incident.

As for the deal – imagine if a competitor to the business you work for offered you a 9 year deal for 80% more than what you were currently earning? Every single poster on here would take that deal up and if they claim otherwise they’re kidding themselves. Granted he was already earning big money through his contract and sponsorship deals, but the span of the contract guarantees him insane money for the remainder of his career. One which will most likely not last the length of the deal, which makes it even more ludicrous for him not to entertain the idea of taking the deal up.

The biggest issue with regards to the move was the fact he chose our direct rival, who had recently beaten us to the flag, over GWS. And the compensation we received for (in my opinion) a top 3 player in the league and the most damaging forward (really not arguable). GWS were obviously seen as non-competitive which would make the move much less likely to impact Hawthorn in terms of strengthening a direct rival. The way it happened was underhanded but I will blame that snake Pickering for that, and in fairness that was his job – to get the best deal for his client.

LoL.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

- Anonymity

Franklin is the most recognisable footballer in the country and would have been hearing comments, both good and bad, from practically every person he walked past. I can’t imagine how it is for these guys to have quiet coffee with the missus on the weekend at the local café, go shopping at the supermarket, etc. Yes, some may love the attention and yes, I understand that this comes with the money and the fame - but that doesn’t mean it would be any less frustrating. Obviously he doesn’t get anywhere near the same amount of attention in Sydney, unless he’s involved in some incident.

As for the deal – imagine if a competitor to the business you work for offered you a 9 year deal for 80% more than what you were currently earning? Every single poster on here would take that deal up and if they claim otherwise they’re kidding themselves. Granted he was already earning big money through his contract and sponsorship deals, but the span of the contract guarantees him insane money for the remainder of his career. One which will most likely not last the length of the deal, which makes it even more ludicrous for him not to entertain the idea of taking the deal up.

The biggest issue with regards to the move was the fact he chose our direct rival, who had recently beaten us to the flag, over GWS. And the compensation we received for (in my opinion) a top 3 player in the league and the most damaging forward (really not arguable). GWS were obviously seen as non-competitive which would make the move much less likely to impact Hawthorn in terms of strengthening a direct rival. The way it happened was underhanded but I will blame that snake Pickering for that, and in fairness that was his job – to get the best deal for his client.

The anonymity bit was a delusional dream. You said yourself that he is/was the most recognisable footballer in the country.....so why would that be different in another state in the same country.

For mine.....I would not have left Hawthorn or another club that was in the same position as HFC in a month of pink fits to take up any deal. As they say "loyalty can't be bought".

- Anonymity

You make good points and fair ones about his reasons for moving.

Now compare Dangerfield's method of leaving a club he was grateful too and respected. Dangerfield's move was all class. Compare the two moves and you will find the source of a lot of the angst. Poles apart.

For mine.....I would not have left Hawthorn or another club that was in the same position as HFC in a month of pink fits to take up any deal. As they say "loyalty can't be bought".

A lot of people would claim the same. Physically place the money in front of them and show them how real it is and most, if not all, would change their tune.

Loyalty can be bought... it just takes a bit more for some than others.

A lot of people would claim the same. Physically place the money in front of them and show them how real it is and most, if not all, would change their tune.

Loyalty can be bought... it just takes a bit more for some than others.
It aint loyalty if it was brought.
Loyalty is an unbroken comittment regardless of the reward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back