Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been an awful first month. They're already 3 games behind us and Geelong, so their chances of a home prelim, if they get back on track this season, are much slimmer than anyone thought before the season.

They've got Freo, Melbourne, Brisbane and us in the next month.

On current form they'll be 3-5 after 8 rounds, which is a terrible start for a contender.

They also have Essendon and Geelong in Rounds 9&10. They could easily be 3-7.

Swans definitely were expecting a premiership in Buddy's first year or two there and so was Buddy. Makes me smile to think that they payed millions to get Buddy in the hope of him bringing them a premiership which is looking pretty unlikely now and we got Brian Lake who took a pay cut to come to the Hawks and, bingo, premiership in his first year here :D ...oh the ironing!! ;)

and we got Brian Lake who took a pay cut to come to the Hawks and, bingo, premiership in his first year here :D ...oh the ironing!! ;)
Just to add a bit more to your ironing load, there used to be threads on here with people saying what a dog of a bloke Lake was before he came over and yet he's embraced Hawthorn and we all love his strangeness now. And good old Buddy has turned out to be..... well not so good.

I suppose the victors get to write history.

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

Just to add a bit more to your ironing load, there used to be threads on here with people saying what a dog of a bloke Lake was before he came over and yet he's embraced Hawthorn and we all love his strangeness now. And good old Buddy has turned out to be..... well not so good.

I suppose the victors get to write history.

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

Hindsight is a wonderful thing :D

He'll bounce back. I still like him alright. Definitely past his best and won't last 10 years, but won't be this awful when the other 2 come back. The bigger utensil up is Tippet, he is made out of glass.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

View attachment 51580
I know this about Franklin, but I thought I would chuck this in for good measure.
(I came across this in today's TV Week. Yes, I read it. Don't hold it against me)
Check out the caption against the picture of McVeigh

I know the media are painfully biased towards the $wines, but that's taking it a bit far.

He'll bounce back. I still like him alright. Definitely past his best and won't last 10 years, but won't be this awful when the other 2 come back. The bigger utensil up is Tippet, he is made out of glass.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Glass utensil, eh?
There will be no mockery of your name, Mr. Glasscock.

(Obscure Simpsons reference!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 51650
There is something that just doesnt look right with this shot.
M4YTHzw.jpg

Better?

Did I hear right that Sydney has only won 2 of their past 11 matches?
Flukey, that's so great a stat that I even bothered to do the research myself. You are correct sir.

They should have an easy one against freo this week though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back