Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

We didn't go after him though.

No you didn't and for mine it's the fact that he approached you two weeks after playing in a losing grand final against that very team spoke volumes about his character. A very good footballer he may be but a good bloke - I don't think so

To be honest I like seeing him do well. He's an awesome footballer when he's on song. It's $ydney I can't stand. They're they ones who offered a deal no one in their right minds would refuse.

Exactly. He is a Hawthorn great and an absolute star of the game. How can you blame him for taking that deal. $5 million at Hawthorn or $10 million at Sydney and he gets to live with his girlfriend.

He is the best player to watch in the league when he is a full flight.

No you didn't and for mine it's the fact that he approached you two weeks after playing in a losing grand final against that very team spoke volumes about his character. A very good footballer he may be but a good bloke - I don't think so

I believe the word you are looking for is SCUM-BAG

Exactly. He is a Hawthorn great and an absolute star of the game. How can you blame him for taking that deal. $5 million at Hawthorn or $10 million at Sydney and he gets to live with his girlfriend.

He is the best player to watch in the league when he is a full flight.

Indeed, therein lies the rub!

To be honest I like seeing him do well. He's an awesome footballer when he's on song. It's $ydney I can't stand. They're they ones who offered a deal no one in their right minds would refuse.

He/Pickering did the chasing and then they made an offer too good to refuse and to ridiculous to match.
Sorry I started this again, sadly some of us are a bit like broken records.
For me, this will take a long time to get over. Maybe never... I am female and I hold a grudge!!

Bit of a myth. You don't lose superstars like Buddy and be better off.

However, we are well enough placed with dangerous forwards that we can still be potent, as we've seen. I think the key point is not that we are better without him, but are less predictable in who we now direct our I50s to.

If we had signed him for 5 years on 1 mill or whatever it was going to be, it would have made trying to keep the rest of our list up to date difficult. Also, I don't really see him still playing like he did today in a few more seasons. We got him for most of his best years, Swans are going to get couple, but they get the media attention they need in the fickle market.

Finally, nothing to do with what you said Minerboy, but what's Swan supporters hanging around here? You got the players you wanted, you stole a flag off us, and will probably do it again this year. Poor form.

Usually though new cars don't approach people asking them to buy them.

Hmmm, then why offer him the biggest and most ridiculous deal of all time?

I don't understand all the Buddy hate of 'what he did to hawthorn'. If he really wanted to leave, Sydney could have offered him a much smaller deal. There would have had to have been some prying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do miss Buddy. He is an exceptional player, and as so many of us have said time after time in here, we're thrilled that we got to watch him play for us for so long.

I also understand why neutrals enjoy watching him during a match, because when he turns it on, he's often astonishing. 70 metre goals, impossible angles, feats of athleticism etc.

However, we shouldn't be too bitter. We won out with Gunston, we've picked up some amazing players with lower draft picks (Smith, Puopolo, Shiels, Hill, Rioli etc would all go higher if their drafts were done again today) and we've still got some champions who've been with the club for just as long - Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Roughy and who have proven their loyalty. We've become less predictable in our avenue to goal, and we're not paying mega dollars for Buddy to play a decoy role. When Buddy's not on song (just look at his game against us this season), he can lead the club to ruin - he often demands the ball, and if he's not scoring, we don't convert.

Whilst I miss his flair, I am much happier with the conversion rate that Bruest is providing. Nowadays, we know that if we get it to Gunston or Bruest (and other players, but particularly these two), there's a much stronger chance that we'll get a goal. Buddy was a guaranteed spot in a highlights package; our current goal kickers are more likely to take us to the win.

I do miss Buddy. He is an exceptional player, and as so many of us have said time after time in here, we're thrilled that we got to watch him play for us for so long.

I also understand why neutrals enjoy watching him during a match, because when he turns it on, he's often astonishing. 70 metre goals, impossible angles, feats of athleticism etc.

However, we shouldn't be too bitter. We won out with Gunston, we've picked up some amazing players with lower draft picks (Smith, Puopolo, Shiels, Hill, Rioli etc would all go higher if their drafts were done again today) and we've still got some champions who've been with the club for just as long - Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Roughy and who have proven their loyalty. We've become less predictable in our avenue to goal, and we're not paying mega dollars for Buddy to play a decoy role. When Buddy's not on song (just look at his game against us this season), he can lead the club to ruin - he often demands the ball, and if he's not scoring, we don't convert.

Whilst I miss his flair, I am much happier with the conversion rate that Bruest is providing. Nowadays, we know that if we get it to Gunston or Bruest (and other players, but particularly these two), there's a much stronger chance that we'll get a goal. Buddy was a guaranteed spot in a highlights package; our current goal kickers are more likely to take us to the win.
Disagree not having Buddy this year has already cost us 2 wins this year IMO - we definitely would've beaten Sydney with him playing for us and not them and we would've been a much better chance of beating Port with him in the team with Roughead out. (i'm prepared to concede the Geelong loss).

Tinfoil Hat!!!!!!!!!!!

Better a Tinfoil Hat than a Tainted Cup snippy.....If you happen to win it this year that'll be 3 smeared cups....Kinda takes the gloss off methinks!

The fact you came on here in the Hawks web site just to say that pretty much says it all really....And judging from the amount of your mates who answered on the general site to my claims re the current Sydney situation, then I'd say that I've hit a RAW NERVE there....You do realise your betrayal of this fact, I take it?!

It must be nice to live in the land of Denial; Aussie's answer to La La land......Let me guess, your 2nd alias account?, Yep your opinion matters much!

Another lurker - dullsville on the Sydney board obviously Just
Shouldn't you still be jizzing over buddy and that goal

Just can't get rid of them!!

images

I miss Buddy. He made watching footy more fun. I am too one-eyed to enjoy watching him play for the Swans. We are definitely weaker without him, and easier for the opposition to plan its defence. We were less predictable last year because Clarko made it so, with Buddy in the team, so losing him has not, in itself, made us less predictable. He remains a potential match winner, sadly for the Swans, who did nothing to deserve getting him except having more money.

I do miss that money whore bastard, has done some incredible things tonight against GWS

The man is carrying that sydney side almost single handedly. He is not far off 2008 form. Basically I can't watch him anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back