Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

Jascinta said that all you lot who booed are mean and that you hurt buddy's feelings

Lucky she didn't hear what I called him in my lounge room ;)

Her betrayal of such naivete only serves to highlight how she came to be with Buddy in the first place!

I love how when Buddy left, it was a business decision, and fair enough etc. etc.
Yet as members, we're the ones who paid his wage the previous 9 years, and we are supposed to remember the 2 flags he "gave" us.
Didn't know he was doing it out of the goodness of his heart, AND for free.
He wasn't thinking of the 2 flags the Hawks provided him when he signed and left us for our rivals.
Personally, I don't boo him, was brought up to see that as poor sportsmanship. Don't begrudge those that do though.

Mike Shehan brought up that the Cats fans didn't boo GAJ.
Mike Shehan can GAGF.
Pretty sure the venom level would have gone up a few notches had GAJ come to the Hawks at the end of 2009, I'm sure.
Have a think before you speak on national television Mike, you senile old fart.

Its pretty disrespectful in football to approach another team whilst you are still under contract and concoct a plan so you can get there in a manner were your original team receives no compensation. I didn't boo personally but the way he handled his exit from the club meant that he deserved to be booed.

I boo'd my heart out purely because of the way he left. If bud went to GWS then that would have been fine by me.

Same here. I was livid when Sydney stole Tippett from Adelaide, so you can imagine how I felt when Franklin went there. Not sure why we should respect Franklin when he showed stuff all respect for us. Now that we know it upsets him, look out.

Mike Shehan brought up that the Cats fans didn't boo GAJ.
Mike Sheehan can GAGF.
Pretty sure the venom level would have gone up a few notches had GAJ come to the Hawks at the end of 2009, I'm sure.
Have a think before you speak on national television Mike, you senile old fart.
If we got compensated anywhere near what the Handbaggers got for GAJ I'm sure most of us would have softened our response.

He's gone from going the way of Dunstall to being more like Capper. Still a great player but a bit of a sad joke.

Capper was and still is an egotistical tosser.

Took some nice grabs.......pity about the rest.

I noticed that Dixie closed the BOO thread, so...

'He's affected by it': WAG Jesinta Campbell says AFL boyfriend Lance 'Buddy' Franklin struggles to shrug off heckling by 'disrespectful' Hawthorn fans

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2709114/Hes-affected-WAG-Jesinta-Campbell-reveals-AFL-boyfriend-Lance-Buddy-Franklin-struggles-shrug-heckling-disrespectful-Hawthorn-fans.html#ixzz38pB6DSDH

With respect, they must be joking?

Talk about handing the crowd and his former teammates material for next time we play them...
So she finally found a way to get herself in the media again. Its a real struggle for D grade wanna be celebrities isnt it? I'm suprised this wasnt in Women's Weekly though. Lets see how she feels when he ditches HER for a better offer in future. I hope she congratulates him and shows him due respect.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So she finally found a way to get herself in the media again. Its a real struggle for D grade wanna be celebrities isnt it? I'm suprised this wasnt in Women's Weekly though. Lets see how she feels when he leaves HER for a better offer in future. I hope she congratulates him and shows him due respect.

As if JC would have one clue of what goes on in the football world. Save it for someone who cares.

I guarantee that the main reason he has gone with this new agent will be more exposure=more money. It will have very little to do with his football career which is the very thing that has given him the opportunity to be where he is today.

One day it will be Buddy who? He is not going to be the flavour of the month for ever and nor will his body hold up for him to play out his full contract.

I'm sure that once Buddy counts his money after the game that he will soon overcome is disappointment at the "hurtful" comments he received.

Yep - stupid decision to allow his missus to say anything (that is, if he actually did let her say something). Not only will he cop it even more next time, he'll have to deal with the crowd heckling him about having to get his missus to go out and stand up for him.

He's the best player on an opposition team. Regardless of the scenario regarding Franklin in this situation, fans will jeer the opposition in an attempt to get in their head. Do they want to us to politely acknowledge his play when he kicks a goal against the team we barrack for. *'s sake.

Also, I didn't boo. I feel like an idiot booing anyone. But I'll always be annoyed when he kicks a goal against us. That also applies to any player though. Cheers Jacinta.

So she finally found a way to get herself in the media again. Its a real struggle for D grade wanna be celebrities isnt it? I'm suprised this wasnt in Women's Weekly though. Lets see how she feels when he ditches HER for a better offer in future. I hope she congratulates him and shows him due respect.

Yep, this is the real story.

Free publicity in a world where any publicity is good publicity.

She (and Buddy) won't mind copping abuse: their names are out there. She's probably fielding calls from reality shows right this minute!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back