Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

To those outside sources saying we've forgotten what Buddy did for us now that he's left, well what are we supposed to do while he's still running out for the opposition? Cheer him when he kicks goals against us? Pretend he's still a hawthorn player? Every time he kicks a goal against us, should we say "Good on ya Buddy, you Hawthorn legend"?

Has he had a hiccup?

I thought mister bean was just responding to golden hodges post and putting his interpretation of who the best forward in the comp was and that's why Cyril got a mention

Did you really expect him to say anything else? It's candy floss designed to be consumed by the AFL's target market.

Buddy aiming to be a straight-shooter

"That motivation to get up every morning and be out there with your mates and put on a Sydney Swans jumper and play football is something that I absolutely love."

Source: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-12/buddy-loving-it-at-200

Go ahead people..we can all throw up now. #disgusted
Like any relationship, if you need to get up and tell people how good it is, it probably has a few gaping holes in it

"That motivation to get up every morning and be out there with your mates and put on a Sydney Swans jumper and play football is something that I absolutely love."

Like any relationship, if you need to get up and tell people how good it is, it probably has a few gaping holes in it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't you think that he was just giving Franklin a stir.
My take is that Rough has actually said nothing at all (about back to back Colemans) and it is Franklin trying to have a bit of a laugh. He is also laughing at how Roughie seems to keep getting suspended whilst he, Franklin, has the Immunity Card which will, in effect, gift him the leading goal-kicker award. Provided he kicks straight of course and doesn't get injured and doesn't run out of credit at the MRP. :cool: One out of these three conditions is guaranteed. :thumbsdown:

The first time I saw the interview I thought he almost said Hawthorn instead of Sydney Swans. Its just the usual PR rubbish. Just ignore it. It is the same spiel all premier league players produce when they switch clubs.

You know what, funnily enough I watched his presser and I have to say it was actually a little sad. He was talking about his favorite memories in the 200 games and he started talking about premierships of course and playing with his best mates and how he was lucky to be at such a great side in Hawthorn and with such great people. I took it as quite heartfelt. He actually had to pull himself up to say the line above as if to remind himself about where he is and what he has to do now and that he has to move on.

Now I'm not saying I feel sorry for him as in the end he did choose this, but I really got the feeling from his conference that business is what made him leave Hawthorn and he was sad that it had.

(I can already see the responses of "he can cry me a river into his bag of money" but thought I'd put this up anyway.)

You know what, funnily enough I watched his presser and I have to say it was actually a little sad. He was talking about his favorite memories in the 200 games and he started talking about premierships of course and playing with his best mates and how he was lucky to be at such a great side in Hawthorn and with such great people. I took it as quite heartfelt. He actually had to pull himself up to say the line above as if to remind himself about where he is and what he has to do now and that he has to move on.

Now I'm not saying I feel sorry for him as in the end he did choose this, but I really got the feeling from his conference that business is what made him leave Hawthorn and he was sad that it had.

(I can already see the responses of "he can cry me a river into his bag of money" but thought I'd put this up anyway.)

Cry me a river :)

Cry me a river into your bag of money, Bud. :cry:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back