Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know Buddy won't play 9 years.
The amount of money he will make if the Swans are successful will be enormous.
I read somewhere that he could earn twice as much from outside of football as he does from his playing contract, if he helps the Swans to just ONE flag.
Think about it, would you pass up an opportunity to earn $20-30m? An Aussie Rules player earning $20-30m is unheard of.
Who would pass up an opportunity like that?
He is still the best of mates with the boys from Hawthorn so him leaving hasn't affected those relationships. The only angst he cops is from some of the fans.
Let's be honest, Buddy is no rocket scientist, the opportunity for him to earn more money than most AFL stars could dream of is or was a no brainer.

This is pretty much it, especially the 'no rocket scientist' part. I also suspect that he had to move on from Melb for his own good, hence the fact that his old team mates still love him.

It was pretty disappointing, and the whole compensation BS was even worse, but it is what it is.

The only people that have been soured by the experience are hawk supporters, and the sour taste has got more to do with the way your lot has used your COLA allowance to effectively get an extra superstar player. It is not exactly fair play, but if its not against the rules, so there is not much anyone can do about it.

This is pretty much it, especially the 'no rocket scientist' part. I also suspect that he had to move on from Melb for his own good, hence the fact that his old team mates still love him.

It was pretty disappointing, and the whole compensation BS was even worse, but it is what it is.

The only people that have been soured by the experience are hawk supporters, and the sour taste has got more to do with the way your lot has used your COLA allowance to effectively get an extra superstar player. It is not exactly fair play, but if its not against the rules, so there is not much anyone can do about it.

If you read our board before the start of the season the majority had second thoughts about us getting Buddy, myself included. I doubt you would find a Swans fan that is against the move now.
Buddy comes knocking on the door who in their right mind is going to say no thanks?
For the record, most Swans fans think that COLA for players on mega bucks should be outlawed.

Just goes to prove how much more important the big Ruff is to us than Judas ever was! 2 games this year Port & Freo with him out suspended we lost. Granted he may or may not got us over the line?
Our record when Bud wasn't in the side was very healthy, we won a lot more than we lost. Proof is in the pudding fellas.
Roughy had a good game against the Cats too. His moment with Duckwood was like Guera's bump on Chapman a few years ago. Roughy is a leader

If you read our board before the start of the season the majority had second thoughts about us getting Buddy, myself included. I doubt you would find a Swans fan that is against the move now.
Buddy comes knocking on the door who in their right mind is going to say no thanks?
For the record, most Swans fans think that COLA for players on mega bucks should be outlawed.
That would be on the assumption that the players got their share of COLA in the first place. Or would it be just one who gets it all?

a 70 yr old got caught for racially abusing him and goodes

Didn't some television quiz compere use the same language about Goodes?
I think he has a quiz show on Chanel 9; he may also be associated with Collingwood, some guy with a name like "Oddie Overthere"?

Perhaps Oddie didn't mean it ...

Roughy had a good game against the Cats too. His moment with Duckwood was like Guera's bump on Chapman a few years ago. Roughy is a leader
loved that goo bump and m50-51 and further gave it to chap the whole game for the knee to goo's head he did prior to that Bump , that Bump was a get back but a legit go for the ball hard as nails and knock chap down in the process bump and i loved it , a cat official didn't at the end gave the whole bay a middle finger salute which could have landed him in trouble with the afl if they saw it

Who cares?

Close thread. A 69 page thread about an opposition player. Time to let it go.

Given it's gone this long, obviously people do care. Besides, it's much better to have any discussions about him limited to this thread, rather than have a thread pop up every time he does something. If you don't care, i'm not really sure why you would come into the thread, as other people do have an interest in talking about an ex Hawthorn player.

Given it's gone this long, obviously people do care. Besides, it's much better to have any discussions about him limited to this thread, rather than have a thread pop up every time he does something. If you don't care, i'm not really sure why you would come into the thread, as other people do have an interest in talking about an ex Hawthorn player.

I talk about him in related threads, like Brownlow chances and gameday threads, and give him his due.

I see no reason to still be having COLA discussions in this thread now so long after the fact. Or the free kick/MRP argument that he gets a different deal now. It's just bitterness and we have finals to look forward to. If that's what people want to do then go for it I guess - I don't see the point so I'll respectfully bow out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I talk about him in related threads, like Brownlow chances and gameday threads, and give him his due.

I see no reason to still be having COLA discussions in this thread now so long after the fact. Or the free kick/MRP argument that he gets a different deal now. It's just bitterness and we have finals to look forward to. If that's what people want to do then go for it I guess - I don't see the point so I'll respectfully bow out.

The thing is that people do want to talk about that stuff. Imagine if we had a thread popping up every week about each potential suspension, or opposition posters making threads every time they want to mention Franklin? At least with a mega thread, people can just ignore it unless they actually want to talk about him.

I will be putting all my money on Buddy to win the Norm Smith if it is Hawthorn Sydney grand final.

There is no-one who can stop on our team at the moment. Think it would be an Ablett 1989 scenario though.

I will be putting all my money on Buddy to win the Norm Smith if it is Hawthorn Sydney grand final.

There is no-one who can stop on our team at the moment. Think it would be an Ablett 1989 scenario though.

Brian Lake could earn himself a 12+ game suspension by using a few elbows and then a Hulk Hogan leg drop on him to take him out.

So yet another Buddy 'HIT' goes unpunished & uncited by the MRP!!!!.....That was unduly rough play at a minimum.....So that's now 0/2 for the Budster in the Swines colours; whereas he was running at a 3/0 in Hawks colours!!!!

From 100% citation, sanction & suspension rate down to 0% in the space of less than 12 months!!!!.....Surprise, surprise, surprise!

He hasn't been close to best on in any of the matches against us this year. Don't know why that would suddenly happen in a GF. Especially when he's only been close to best on in 1 of 3 GFs.

He hasn't been close to best on in any of the matches against us this year. Don't know why that would suddenly happen in a GF. Especially when he's only been close to best on in 1 of 3 GFs.

I don't know which two games you were watching.

He had about 9 shots on goal in each game and looked pretty unstoppable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back