Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd have thought true joy & schadenfreude for those still feeling jilted by Buddy (seriously folks, get over it) would come with him playing; either when the Swans miss the GF, or they go down in the big one.
It's got nothing to do with being jilted. It'd just be highly amusing how they spent all of that money to poach a player from a rival club, only for that player to make a bonehead move at the last minute by getting himself suspended when they've got the Preliminary Final already sewn up and it ultimately being the difference between them winning or losing the premiership.

A quick hypothetical one.

Have we saved a bundle on Franklin's pay this year?

If we have, can we offer the rest of our players, or at the least the ones playing in the finals, a bonus if they win the flag?

On Bud's decision to join the $wans after they beat us, I wonder what his thoughts will be if we beat them in the GF this year.

It's got nothing to do with being jilted. It'd just be highly amusing how they spent all of that money to poach a player from a rival club, only for that player to make a bonehead move at the last minute by getting himself suspended when they've got the Preliminary Final already sewn up and it ultimately being the difference between them winning or losing the premiership.
He can break someone's neck and still get off! You see with aid of the Red and the White plus AOTY by his side and all.;)

A quick hypothetical one.

Have we saved a bundle on Franklin's pay this year?

If we have, can we offer the rest of our players, or at the least the ones playing in the finals, a bonus if they win the flag?
Pretty sure they would have done some front loading of contracts to use up all the cap this year and free up a truck load for a big signing for next year.

It seems that since buddy has signed with a new media manager, this Andrew Wu journo is pumping out the 'buddys amazing' articles at a great rate of knots. Another today in the age. They're almost daily.

Last edited:
It seems that since buddy has signed with a new media manager, this Andrew Wu journo is pumping out the 'buddys amazing' articles at a great rate of knots. Another today in the age. They're almost daily.

He's a long long way up the Swans' collective sphincter. I defy you to find a bad word, let alone a critical article, he's ever written about the Swans. According to Wu, they are the greatest team in the history of the world. I don't use this description lightly, but he's an arse clown.

The off season is not far away and parity will be restored. #lockupyajeeps

He's a long long way up the Swans' collective sphincter. I defy you to find a bad word, let alone a critical article, he's ever written about the Swans. According to Wu, they are the greatest team in the history of the world. I don't use this description lightly, but he's an arse clown.
I very much get this impression of him.

I very much get this impression of him.

This. The flog has written a puff piece in this mornings SMH claiming that 40,000 at the Swans Preliminary Final (at ANZ Stadium) will be the single greatest achievement in the history of the code in NSW - or something to that effect.

Has a certain Iraqi Information Minister feel about him...

The flog has written a puff piece in this mornings SMH claiming that 40,000 at the Swans Preliminary Final (at ANZ Stadium) will be the single greatest achievement in the history of the code in NSW - or something to that effect.
On AFL360 last night, Gerard Whateley reckoned that 40K would be a par crowd for a prelim held at ANZ Stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heavily discounted tickets as well...

Given Hawthorn V Port Adelaide is on track for 70,000 plus the ticket sales for Sydney V North Melbourne must be poor if the AFL hasn't released a press release yet boasting about ticket sales.

That said who can blame the Swans fans not rocking up given 80% of Inner, Inner East Sydney Swans probably prefer the Sydney Rooster and Manly Sea Eagles anyway

Heavily discounted tickets as well...
Via the Telstra Thanks offer, you can get Cat 5 tickets to the Hawks game for $59 (incl. fee). I did a test run (one ticket) and it offered me a seat in the 3rd row of Q1.

Did a similar check for the Swans game and you get Cat 2 tix for $72.50. Put me one section to the left of where the cheer squad would sit.

It's been a very long time since I have posted here, but I just wanted to say that I really really really really hope that North (as much as I dislike them) beat the absolute crap out of Sydney, I don't think I could stomach the thought of watching Buddy play for them in a GF.

I named my dog Buddy after Franklin, said dog passed away the day Franklin left Hawthorn, so yeah I really hope North Win, or if they can't win, at least play a bruising contest.

On AFL360 last night, Gerard Whateley reckoned that 40K would be a par crowd for a prelim held at ANZ Stadium.

Why is it even at ANZ stadium? AFL are complete idiots. From a strategic perspective for the Swans they would want to build a loyal fan base around the SCG. Playing all of the best games 30/40kms away is just stupid. Of course vested interest run the day as usual :rolleyes:

Hope the Roos go at them hard and it is a bruising affair.

The fact Boomer got off at the MRP must surely enter the psyche of the North playing group and inspire them on further. As for the hideous ANZ stadium, great place to do an ankle, etc, due to the crap surface. If it pisses down on Friday night, then all my boxes are ticked. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back