Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to put it out there now that we will bring home our first mens medal at the Tokyo Olympics. :)
A front court of Maker 7ft , Humpries 7ft, Simmons 6'9 will trouble the Americans with Exum all we'd need is a gun shooting guard Patty Mills will be 32 so may still be o.k. I think we will be a good show for a medal.

Yeah, the current crop coming through just needs a couple of dead eye 3 point shooters and we can make some noise. Looking at the box scores from the Under 17's World Championships we'll need to work on that one.

Australia destroyed Puerto Rico by 24 points :)
Humphries 7/8 FG, 2/2 FT, 16 pts, 11 Rebs, 2 blocks

Vasiljevic 7/16 FG - 2/6 from 2, 5-10 from 3, 21 points, 13 rebs

Play either France or Spain to make the final.

Last edited:
Spain up 9-0 Vasiljevic 0-3 has taken all the shots.

Humphries score our first 2... Make it 5 after he hits the and 1, then Wilson hits a two 9-7. Humphries subbed out.

Humphries comes back in when Spain is up by 10 no more score is added, at the end of 1. 21 Spain 11 Aus

Humphries 2/3 FG, 1/1FT, 5 points, 3 Rebs
Vasiljevic 0/5

Aus getting punished now down by 22

Vasiljevic 2/9, Humphries still 2/3
Vasiljevic and Humphries subbed out.

Ankintola hits a 2..Wilson a 3.. Frolling 3 Spain call a time out after a 8-0 run.

Frolling hits another 3 on the buzzer to make it an 11 point game after a 11-0 run to end the half.
43 Spain - 32 Aus

Down by 6 at the last change.
Noi massive in that quarter
Humphries 3/4 FG
Vasiljevic 4/12 FG
Frolling 5/8 FG
Would be infront if not for way to many sloppy turnovers.
Kept Spain to just 12 points that quarter.
Spain 55 -Aus 49

Spain start the last with a 2 the. A 3 from a turnover lead out to 11.

Humphries hit 2 free throws, Noi bombs a 3 as does Vasiljevic 8-0 run Spain time out.. Only 3 behind

Back out to 8 points down with 2 minutes left.

Humphries hits 2 free throws 6 down 1.54 left.

Humphries hits 2 more down 4,
46 seconds left.

Clarke steals the ball Wilson gets the lay up! 2 points down 23 seconds left.

Wilson steals the ball and ties up the game!!! OT!!

Humphries goes into god mode and is destroying the Spanish in OT up to 22 points!

Australia win 80-74 what a @!&@$&)&) game! Haha from 22 down to win :)

Humphries, Wilson, Frolling and Noi all had huge games

Last edited:
Humphries - 7/12 FG, 8-9 FT, 22 points. 8 Rebs, 2 ST, 5 BL

Wilson - 6/11 FG, 11 Rebs, 13 points

Frolling - 5-9 FG, 2/3 3's, 12 points

Noi - 4/9 FG, 1/1 3's, 11 points

Vasiljevic - 5-15 FG, 3/12 3's, 14 points.

I haven't seen any of the tournament but for those who have watched does Isaac Humphries look likely to get player of the tournament?
Her will win it easily :)
He is 3rd in scoring 20.67
3 rd in rebounding 12.33
2nd in blocks 3.67
Nobody else is in the top 5 of anything in 2 categories let alone 3.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wilson sinks a 2 then Noi tip dunks a missed shot 4-4

then Wilson gets the and 1 and Noi hits a 2 9-7 aus

Owies sinks a 2 11-7 , then Vasiljevic hits back to back 3's

17-7 Aus.. US timeout

End of the first US up by 1 28-27

Vasiljevic 2/6 FG 3/4 FT 9 points

Wilson 2/3 FG 4/5 FT 8 points

Humphries 0/0 2/2 FT 2 points
US 50 - Aus 43 at the half

Humphries sat out the last 6.30 due to having 3 fouls
0/1 , 4/4 FT, 1 BL , 4 points

US must have score atleast 12-14 points that quarter on O/R they have 11 out of their 26 total.

Vasiljevic 3/10, 11 points

Wilson 3/6, 10 points

Frolling 3/4 10 points

Noi 3/6, 8 points

Our guards are 4/13, Malik Newman on his own is 7/13 they need to give it to the big man.

Aus score the first 4 points of the quarter a US O/Rebs to their first 2

6 down with 23 seconds to go Wilson gets fouled going for 3 and misses the first two FT, for some odd reason sinks
the last..we lose by 7

They boxed out humphries on defence and then killed us on offensive rebounds.

They had 26 O/R out of 57

Vasiljevic scored 29 on 9/23

Wilson 23 on 7/14, 6 Rebs, 7 Assists

Noi 13 points 6/10

Frolling 13 points 4/6

Humphries 2/5 actually on took three shots two were tip in misses. 6 rebounds

I hope not passing Humpries the ball doesn't cost him MVP

Malik Newman wins MVP :(

Humphries and Vasiljevic make All tournament team

Last edited:
A genuine possibility, so long as we have outside players to hit a 3 and punish any opposition that packs the paint.

Simmons is a perimiter threat.

http://www.prepforce.com/video/6870/2015-f-ben-simmons-2014-summer-remix
Every time i see new footage he impresses more, love how he is using the euro step:)
And the pass at 2:40 :eek:
A couple of cool gifs as well.
b4n9m.gif

b4np8.gif

Last edited:
A genuine possibility, so long as we have outside players to hit a 3 and punish any opposition that packs the paint.
Maker has three point range as does Deng Adel and Simmons. Team looks brilliant on paper.

Gold medal chance next year at the U19s if Simmons, Maker, Adel, Humphries, Bolden and McVeigh all play?
Humphries and Maker both wont be able to play in 2015, it's bi-annual so they will be playing in 2016... Humphries was a bottom aged player this year. So they'll be ineligible. I doubt Maker even plays in a youth world championship either with his commitments in the states. Once he hits the big leagues, I'm sure he'll want to play. We're still not 100% sure if he's going to play for Australia to.

But yeah, if the team bought all of those guys to the under 19's then we're going to be tough.

Humphries and Maker both wont be able to play in 2015, it's bi-annual so they will be playing in 2016... Humphries was a bottom aged player this year. So they'll be ineligible.
I don't understand, why does the U17 tournament being bi-annual make them ineligible for the U19 tournament next year?

I don't understand, why does the U17 tournament being bi-annual make them ineligible for the U19 tournament next year?
Same reason why Ben Simmons didn't participate in the under/19's.

Basically the u/17 is one year, the u/19's is the other. You're a bottom age player in one of those tournaments. Dante Exum was a bottom aged player in the u/19's hence was a top age player in the u/17s.

I don't know the eligibility exactly, but I'm 99% sure that in the under 19's you have to be either 18/19 years old and in the under 17's you've got to be 16/17 years old.

Same reason why Ben Simmons didn't participate in the under/19's.

Basically the u/17 is one year, the u/19's is the other. You're a bottom age player in one of those tournaments. Dante Exum was a bottom aged player in the u/19's hence was a top age player in the u/17s.

I don't know the eligibility exactly, but I'm 99% sure that in the under 19's you have to be either 18/19 years old and in the under 17's you've got to be 16/17 years old.
Kinda makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back