Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

10611014_369187409914689_681048677_n.jpg

Guys moving to Canada, which means he may not be a Boomer. I think his plan is to become a naturalized Canadian then bypass the college process. He will then be able to pull a Dante Exum and join the draft as an 'international player.'

Just come back to Australia....

+ I'm also questioning the amount of say the Maker kids had in this, seems as though their guardian is just racking up coin with some coaching jobs.

After reading the article posted by flaps I checked out the Adidas Nations rosters. The son of NBL import Tad Dufelmeier (Tad Jnr) played for the Asia-Pacific team. Dunno if he's a future Boomer, but it's good to see another product from the basketball factory that was the late 80s/early 90s NBL.

Looks like the best performed of the Aussies (other than Thon Maker) was William McDowell-White (as in the son of former Brisbane Lion Darryl White):

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...-basketball-camp/story-e6frf7jo-1227021906594

Guys moving to Canada, which means he may not be a Boomer. I think his plan is to become a naturalized Canadian then bypass the college process. He will then be able to pull a Dante Exum and join the draft as an 'international player.'

Just come back to Australia....
Sauce?

What would be the advantage of being a Canadian instead of an Australian in terms of your NBA career??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite the failings of the world cup I think there's been some positives. The big one being Broekhoff and also bringing through guys like Bairstow and Motum.
In addition to having guys like Simmons coming through hopefully guys like Greenwood and Drmic keep pushing. It's always good to have depth.

Despite the failings of the world cup I think there's been some positives. The big one being Broekhoff and also bringing through guys like Bairstow and Motum.

Totally agree. Next major tournament, lets hope we have a full compliment to choose from...Patty, Bogut, Big Ben as well as more experience for Bairstow, Delly, Motum, Broekhoff and others.

Playing against talent in your 14-19 year span
No I know what the advantage of him going to Canada is, but I'm saying what is the advantage in him becoming a Canadian citizen like some have suggested?

At the moment he's an Australian citizen and lived here from 5 - 14 or something. To play for Canada or the US he would have to get one of their passports and more or less denounce Australia.

Why dont we put a boomers singlet on him ASAP?
Yeah I don't think we've done that good a job of integrating him. We should have invited him and Simmonds to the World Cup, maybe not as players but just for development or something.

Might be meeting the future of Australian Basketball this week in Boise :p;)

Guy I know has gone and organised meeting John Rillie (Australian, Boise State Assistant coach)
And they're in the process of setting up meeting Anthony Drmic (think he's played for the boomers), Igor Hadziomerovic and Nick Duncan (Think he's played for the boomers too) as well.

Just wondering.
Does anyone here know much about Daniel Mading?

He's currently in High School in Florida. Is From Perth though.
But he's being heavily recruited now (despite being class of 2017, so 3 years away from College)

BoiseState is going hard. 1st in, and with the Aussie connections, who knows.
But he's being looked at by a lot of colleges atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back