Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

I could be wrong but I think his mum is living in Sydney at the moment.

Maker's guardian is trying really hard for him to reclassify so he can get drafted earlier, been told he wants to play for America but not sure what the criteria is for him to be able to play for them.

First criteria is that he needs to be good enough to play for USA, he's not going to be.

Peter Hooley. Straya...again

Touching story at the end. Incredibly fitting that it was him who did it after the year he's already had.

Just realised I used to play social basketball against this guy in the Adelaide Hills around 4-5 years ago, apparently just before he left for college. He was good, but had NFI he was college basketball good, and didn't know him off the court, so had no idea of his family situation either. Well done to the bloke :)

The likes of Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Pau Gasol have done alright for themselves, I don't think nationality has anything to do with it, you just have to be a star NBA player.

People do realise that Duncan was a US citizen from birth, and has only ever represented the US in international competition, right?

Born in the virgin Islands

Yeah, the US Virgin Islands, which are a US territory, and whose residents are US citizens from birth, and who use US dollars as their currency. For all intents and purposes, he's American.

All of the Aussies in the NBA (apart from Ingles) have committed to play for the Boomers in this year's Oceania series. Hopefully none of them get injured in the mean time.

All of the Aussies in the NBA (apart from Ingles) have committed to play for the Boomers in this year's Oceania series. Hopefully none of them get injured in the mean time.
Am I correct in saying that we need to win this comp in order to qualify for the Olympics?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article they refer to in the article

Full quote:

RG: I was talking to Rowan Barrett last week regarding Steve Nash’s retirement, and I asked him about both you and your brother Matur. More or less he said that they had their eyes on you, and that they will always have a jersey stitched and ready for both of you, should you ever want to play for Canada. What are your thoughts on that idea of playing alongside Tristan Thompson, Andrew Wiggins, and the rest of the budding talent in this country during something like the 2016 Olympics in Rio, or the FIBA’s later on?

TM: Well…ha, I can’t really think about those situations right now. I’m just trying to be as normal as possible right now and just get my education and eventually play basketball full-time. I love Australia, don’t get me wrong, and Canada has a great thing coming up, its going to be huge down the line. I read a few articles about Rowan eyeing me and my brother, and to me that’s just a huge honour. That’s a big thing, but I still love Australia, I don’t see myself in those parts down the line yet, and as of right now I’m doing everything I can to play for Australia.

any way to watch the nike hoops summit game in australia? is it shown on espn ??

It's definitely on ESPN in the states, I watched it on TV in Melbourne last year.

As for Simmons.

Here you go. 3 x National Champion, 3 x National Championship MVP (Not sure if that's ever been done tbh, it's like a U/16 winning the Larke Medal)

Awesome news Thon wants to play for Australia!!

Does he have to officially announce in some sort of form to make it a done deal?

Awesome news Thon wants to play for Australia!!

Does he have to officially announce in some sort of form to make it a done deal?

He needs to play a senior game in some form of FIBA tournament to make it binding.

The Olympics in Rio next year are clearly the time to do it, cap him against a minnow for the experience................

Simmons in the #9 white, Maker in the #11 Black.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back