Australian basketball.

Ben Simmons highlights from their preseason match!

Scariest part was that it looked like he was only going at about half pace. He's going to be crazy good.

Last edited:

sojthebest

All Australian
Sep 29, 2008
Perth, WA
CTaPotLWoAAIe8W.jpg:large

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Marquette - got vote in USA Today, not top 25
Vanderbilt - 18th AP Top25, 20th USA Today
Kentucky - 2nd in AP, 1st in USA Today
Texas A&M - got votes but not top 25 in both

Looks pretty soft schedule at the moment, but that can change. LSU are ranked 21st in AP Top 25, 19th in USA Today

crowsarethebest

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Well first few minutes he's been extremely unselfish, set up his team mates for open looks but they haven't finished. That's the knock on him as well I guess, can he be a go to scorer? As a playmaker he's unbelievable already but he needs to develop the jumper so he can be the man. If he develops the jumper which I'm sure he will he'll be unstoppable... so many options for him.

splendidham

Team Captain
Aug 4, 2006
Tokyo
AFL Club
Fremantle
9 points 10 Rebs 4 assists at the half. He should have 7 assists :(
I was a bit confused by the stat keeping. He had 4 assists to the half, shortly after I saw he was up to 6 and then shortly after that he was put back at 3 assists. I have the game on my drive so mean to watch it later. Wondering about his minutes also because someone tweeted he had played only 20 minutes but I saw he played 29. From the sounds of it he was absent for large amounts of time in the 2nd half due to cramping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
From some of the commentary I saw (didn't actually view the game) it also comes back to the fact all the good passing in the world won't get you an assist if your teammate can't knock down an open shot.

He will get a triple double at some stage this year though.

crowsarethebest

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
He was still a class above everyone though, he just looks so smooth. It's just against the better college teams he needs to turn it on and be the man- that's the only question mark on him, whether he has the mentality or skills to be able to take over and score when the team needs him most.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Holy moly he was good today and he was in second gear.

Finished with 22 points 11/17 - 9 Rebs - 6 assists - 4 steals - 2 blocks

That bounce pass was Nash like.

Jonah Bolden had 11 points - 5 rebs
He hit 2 of his 3 - 3 pointers.

Peter Hooley hit 18 against Kentucky.

Deng Adel scored 6 points all fts

Last edited:

splendidham

Team Captain
Aug 4, 2006
Tokyo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Deng having a very forgettable game today. I'm assuming he's been benched due to lack of production.

Can't wait to see Jonah again on Friday. He did pretty well coming off the bench. That dunk he almost had (made the shot +1) really showed his hips and length.

Ingram and skal both looking pretty bad in the 1st. Skal is a real bad passer. Also getting dominated on the boards

splendidham

Team Captain
Aug 4, 2006
Tokyo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Also Xavier Cook backing up his first game of 22p, 9r, 3a, 1s and 4b with 19p, 11r, 3a so far. Looks very improved

Back