Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you think he will end up after this year? Europe, NBL, NBA or NBA D LEAGUE

I'm not sure really. It doesnt sound like he is in draft calculations but either was Dellavedova. He was unstoppable today. I think if he keeps improving (or he maintains his current level) he will find himself of an NBA Roster.

Bairstow guaranteed NBA. Plays with Hughey and from what I've heard is ridiculously dedicated. Improved heaps from last year.

Bairstow guaranteed NBA. Plays with Hughey and from what I've heard is ridiculously dedicated. Improved heaps from last year.
I hope so and if he can turn into a great help rebounder as well at the 4 it will give the Boomers a lot of flexibility. We saw Mark Worthington effective in this role in London and you'd think Bairstow could offer so much more.

Not sure about that. DraftExpress has him going undrafted, they don't have him in their top 100 prospects list and he's only ranked 40th on their list of best NCAA seniors.

is there any way that you can make money out of investing that basketball is a bigger sport than soccer in this country within 3 years.

is there any way that you can make money out of investing that basketball is a bigger sport than soccer in this country within 3 years.
Even with the amount of talent that we have coming through, I still think it's a while yet until we see bball near its peak like it was back in the 90s.

The grassroots needs working on mostly and a lot more media exposure.

Wasn't really aware that the external expectations of Bairstow weren't that high. I know that people in and around New Mexico are very certain he'll go. Wait and see I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seen someone All American Predictions the other day, Bairstow in 3rd team in a lot of them.

The group of Sports Illustrated writers have released their All-American teams and Cam Bairstow is in 2 of the 8 second team and even first team in Brian Hamilton's. So Cam is a SI Second Team All-American!

Thon Maker, the consensus No. 1 prospect in the Class of 2016, met with Australian National Team coach Andrej Lemanis last week about a potential future role with the team.

The meeting took place March 9-11 in Virginia, where the 7-foot, 208-pound Maker attends the Carlisle (Va.) School.

“We had a good meeting with Andrej Lemanis,” Ed Smith, Maker’s legal guardian, told SNY.tv.

“He worked Thon and [his brother] Matur out. He told me he was impressed with Thon’s skill level and wanted to get him into the National program as soon as possible. He felt that Thon could be a contributor in 2016 and an exciting part of the team at both of the forward spots in the future.”

It’s possible Maker — an Australian citizen born in South Sudan in 1997 — could be in the mix for the Boomers in the 2016 Rio or 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

“Playing for a country is a serious commitment,” Smith said. “With our high school and AAU schedule it is hard to make a commitment. We will keep building our relationship in order to figure out if it’s a ‘win-win’ for Australia and Thon.

“We are with Adidas this summer and with the Adidas Nations, camps and AAU it is hard to find travel time to go to Australia and train with the National program. If we commit we would like to do it the right way.”
http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/thon...duke-virginia-louisville-washington-involved/

And a Tweet from DraftExpress:
Sounds like Thon Maker prefers playing AAU over the national team setting. Not a choice many top prospects would make for their development.

not quite understanding the premise of your post. are you saying you want to place a monetary bet somewhere that basketball will be bigger than soccer in 3 years?

not quite understanding the premise of your post. are you saying you want to place a monetary bet somewhere that basketball will be bigger than soccer in 3 years?

I'm unsure of how that would be gauged?
Participation levels?
Income?

On both counts Soccer >>>>>>> Basketball

It was meant more as a joke, but my point was there are serious young guns (and I mean serious superstars) coming through in basketball but the cupboard appears to be completely bare in soccer. I think if the likes of Exum/Maker/Simmons become stars then there will be majorly renewed interest in the sport.

**** Ed Smith more so. Thon is what, sixteen? He is being led by the nose by this money grubber whose sole interest is extracting the maximum financial benefit for himself from Thon's talent.

Yeah thats probably more the point.
Its pretty self-evident that hes chasing every cent he can get here isn't it.

So apparently Thon wants to play for the U17 team but Basketball Australia wants him to commit to all the camps and friendly games, which interferes with his high school schedule. Also, Basketball Australia isn't willing to pay for his travel costs.

This is from Draft Express and Aus bball prospects on twitter.

So apparently Thon wants to play for the U17 team but Basketball Australia wants him to commit to all the camps and friendly games, which interferes with his high school schedule. Also, Basketball Australia isn't willing to pay for his travel costs.

This is from Draft Express and Aus bball prospects on twitter.
Is he really going to commit to Australia, more money if he can qualify as an American you'd think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back