List Mgmt. The future of McCarthy, & Tomlinson (opposition supporters welcome but tread carefully)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sitting on a train I've just finished reading the Freo board's thread on this. Now I can't wait to get home and take a shower. Jeez they wallow in a cesspit of delusion and filth over there. What a crud crusted set of supporters they have. Wow.

And I thought the doggies were bad with the Boyd thing....

Nothing on the purple patheticness.

Sitting on a train I've just finished reading the Freo board's thread on this. Now I can't wait to get home and take a shower. Jeez they wallow in a cesspit of delusion and filth over there. What a crud crusted set of supporters they have. Wow.

And I thought the doggies were bad with the Boyd thing....

Nothing on the purple patheticness.
They keep comparing the Treloar trade. Not getting he was out of contract.

Well flogs. The dogs actually offered something of value to MAKE us come to the trade table.
Boyd didn't sign a contract extension either, vastly different cases.

Out of our interest, assume McCarthy is on the trade table at the end of 2016. What is his trade value?

Out of our interest, assume McCarthy is on the trade table at the end of 2016. What is his trade value?

if his head is in the right space, low first/high second round;He's still got a year on his contract and he's pretty good.

We've got three first round picks next year so a 2017 pick might help balance our ongoing needs.

If he's been out of the game I don't really know.

No, but he was untouchable until the dogs decided they werent taking no.

With all this going on it probably wont be much but he is still contracted. Hopefully the eagles put in a bid. Then we will see if its homesickness or not.

I am of the opinion that it is best for Cam and the Giants to go their separate ways.

From what I hear he may never play AFL. It's not for everyone.

I am of the opinion that it is best for Cam and the Giants to go their separate ways.

Interesting. I don't have any inside info, but definitely been feeling in may be a case of Cam not being compatible with life as an AFL player.

if his head is in the right space, low first/high second round;He's still got a year on his contract and he's pretty good.
We've got three first round picks next year so a 2017 pick might help balance our ongoing needs.
If he's been out of the game I don't really know.

Interesting question. If he does enough to prove his head is OK, or likely to be OK back in WA, I'd have him higher than that. He was drafted at 14 and was a standout in his second year - I would think he holds around a mid-first round pick, especially with a full year of contract to go. Given GWS and Treloar, they might even hold out for something extra. It really depends on how his 'condition' is perceived. So in reality, impossible to tell.

Even if he takes a full year out of the game to recuperate, he still has another year on his contract - long enough to prove if he's of worth to anyone.
If he's not, that's bad luck and we move on.

Don't know what to think. Over the weekend I probably would have gone with Raymann's sentiments.

However, interesting story this evening ... http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/d33346ba461c68ed97388011945a0884

GWS Giants defend decision not to trade Cam McCarthy

THERE’S a good reason why the Giants are standing by their man Cam McCarthy and giving him the time and space he needs to work through his personal issues. Only 18 months ago he was singing the praises of GWS after extending his deal till the end of 2017 and pledging his immediate playing future to the charcoal and orange.
The 20-year-old has clearly been tempted by a big offer from Fremantle and the chance to return to his home state but footballer’s heads are easily turned and the Giants are backing themselves to produce a change of heart in the talented forward. “It’s a really simple decision when you’ve got a player of Cam’s quality,” Giants CEO David Matthews told the Daily Telegraph. “Given that he chose to extend through to the end of 2017 we had no intention of trading him.”
“He’s been here for two and half years and he’s had a difficult four months, things can turn around quickly,” Matthews said. “There was a time when Ryan O’Keefe was looking to head home from the Swans and he stayed on and won the Norm Smith Medal.” O’Keefe requested a trade to Carlton at the end of the 2008 season and when a deal couldn’t be made returned to the club and won the Bob Skilton medal in 2009 and went on to become the first and only Swan to win a Norm Smith Medal in the 2012 decider against Hawthorn.
“We were never at the stage where we were in any serious discussions at all,” Matthews said. “It’s irrelevant what they were thinking at the time or what they might have been saying because it wasn’t a consideration for us. “We aren’t all that interested in draft picks because we are a side which wants to move up the ladder. You have a third year key forward that is a NAB Rising Star nominee and had played 20 games and kicked 35 goals. He’s contracted till 2017 so we just sat.” Matthews also said the Giants were conscious of not wanting to encourage future raids on contracted players from rival clubs.

Should set the Freo board alight with some of those comments!

Interesting question. If he does enough to prove his head is OK, or likely to be OK back in WA, I'd have him higher than that. He was drafted at 14 and was a standout in his second year - I would think he holds around a mid-first round pick, especially with a full year of contract to go. Given GWS and Treloar, they might even hold out for something extra. It really depends on how his 'condition' is perceived. So in reality, impossible to tell.

Don't know what to think. Over the weekend I probably would have gone with Raymann's sentiments.

However, interesting story this evening ... http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/d33346ba461c68ed97388011945a0884

GWS Giants defend decision not to trade Cam McCarthy

THERE’S a good reason why the Giants are standing by their man Cam McCarthy and giving him the time and space he needs to work through his personal issues. Only 18 months ago he was singing the praises of GWS after extending his deal till the end of 2017 and pledging his immediate playing future to the charcoal and orange.
The 20-year-old has clearly been tempted by a big offer from Fremantle and the chance to return to his home state but footballer’s heads are easily turned and the Giants are backing themselves to produce a change of heart in the talented forward. “It’s a really simple decision when you’ve got a player of Cam’s quality,” Giants CEO David Matthews told the Daily Telegraph. “Given that he chose to extend through to the end of 2017 we had no intention of trading him.”
“He’s been here for two and half years and he’s had a difficult four months, things can turn around quickly,” Matthews said. “There was a time when Ryan O’Keefe was looking to head home from the Swans and he stayed on and won the Norm Smith Medal.” O’Keefe requested a trade to Carlton at the end of the 2008 season and when a deal couldn’t be made returned to the club and won the Bob Skilton medal in 2009 and went on to become the first and only Swan to win a Norm Smith Medal in the 2012 decider against Hawthorn.
“We were never at the stage where we were in any serious discussions at all,” Matthews said. “It’s irrelevant what they were thinking at the time or what they might have been saying because it wasn’t a consideration for us. “We aren’t all that interested in draft picks because we are a side which wants to move up the ladder. You have a third year key forward that is a NAB Rising Star nominee and had played 20 games and kicked 35 goals. He’s contracted till 2017 so we just sat.” Matthews also said the Giants were conscious of not wanting to encourage future raids on contracted players from rival clubs.

Should set the Freo board alight with some of those comments!
Well thats going to get purple heads exploding. Haha
They still have no idea over there. Still complaining about us trading everyone but Cam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well thats going to get purple heads exploding. Haha
They still have no idea over there. Still complaining about us trading everyone but Cam.

As a 40 year plus sainter I seriously ******* hate freo, any opportunity to place a cactus in their community anus is a good vibe day for me..

Still complaining about us trading everyone but Cam.

Yep. And misrepresenting the situation. Here's a classic ... one of their own posters tries to tell the Freo board why it's not unreasonable for GWS to want to keep him ( :thumbsu: ), and the response completely reverses the situation.

SP said:
Because it is a condition of his employer that he goes to whichever branch office they send (draft) him to. Which he knew when he signed up with them.
Response:
Work for Kennards Hire, if I got told 'Right you now work for Wangara or Joondalup' I'd definitely blow a lid and try to change that.

Bloke. You signed up a second time voluntarily to work at Wangara or Joondalup. The employer hasn't changed a damn thing. It's not that hard to understand surely.

If they want to go with the homesickness angle, then I'm happy to say there's an issue that GWS needs to be sensitive to. But if they want to go with the 'Why him and not Boyd' & 'Why should he be forced to be somewhere he doesn't want to be' then they prove they don't actually understand much about AFL for an area that's got such a 'rich AFL history'!

You get to a stage where you get sick of all the drama.

I don't care if he goes anymore but if he plays on elsewhere we must be paid a 1st rounder or he can wait another year. Fair is fair.

And now its "they let boyd go why not Cam"

Well flogs. The dogs actually offered something of value to MAKE us come to the trade table.

Dogs offered a very good experienced player, that's the difference. If Freo offered a good 25yr old player plus draft pick the GWS would've done the trade like Boyd

Dogs offered a very good experienced player, that's the difference. If Freo offered a good 25yr old player plus draft pick the GWS would've done the trade like Boyd
The Dogs were lucky enough to have a good experienced player that wanted to go to GWS, no freo players put their hand up.

I wouldn't spend too much time on their board.

My grand father said (which isn't PC any more) "live with a cripple, develop a limp". But you get the principal of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back