The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Poker knows shedloads about a medium he never watches and loves to moan about paying for other people's TV,despite claiming to live in Thailand??:drunk:

To be fair, there's a few who shout loudly about how bad the commercial stations are, while simultaneously boasting about never watching them.

To be fair, there's a few who shout loudly about how bad the commercial stations are, while simultaneously boasting about never watching them.
I wasn't talking stations I was talking the medium of TV,and I was being fair:
I don't watch TV at all. Not sure why I should have to pay for yours.

You don't have to watch commercial TV to know what is on. Sometimes knowing what is on is the reason you don't watch.

I can say I very rarely(2 or 3x/yr) watch any commercial FTA because of how bad I find it.

I find most of it fairly bad with plenty of hidden gems.

For instance, the best Aussie drama made in the last year or so is Puberty Blues, on channel 10 of all places.

Compare that to the tedious sentimental drivel of Anzac Girls, which was Aunty's flagship drama of 2014. Well, there is no comparison.

Again it's a completely irrelevant debate because commercial TV is not what the ABC would be if it was defunded. It would be a subscription channel. The comparison is to stations like HBO. Not 7, 9 or 10. Waiting now for the welfare recipients to tell me how s**t HBO is.

That's right, yes.

Why do you think you are entitled to force other people to pay for your entertainment?
Why do you think you are entitled to force other people to pay for your war?

Does welfare provide food directly to people, or does it give them money so they can choose what food to buy themselves?
Depends if you're white or not.

Well, that wouldn't be me.

Why do you think you are entitled to force other people to pay for your war?

Why do you think I have or would?

Why do you bother to comment at all, since you don't even read my replies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you think I have or would?

Why do you bother to comment at all, since you don't even read my replies?
There are things we'd all rather our government didn't spend money on. There is nothing we can do about it.

I find most of it fairly bad with plenty of hidden gems.

For instance, the best Aussie drama made in the last year or so is Puberty Blues, on channel 10 of all places.

Compare that to the tedious sentimental drivel of Anzac Girls, which was Aunty's flagship drama of 2014. Well, there is no comparison.

Take your word on both programs - never ever likely to darken a set near me. To each his/her own .. a Norwegian blue?

You should watch ABC news.

Why, do they live in make believe land like you?

I am pretty sure that you receive cash from centrelink no matter what colour you are. If people are receiving food aid it's because they live in a remote community, not because of their race.

Change for change sake is no solution.

What is that supposed to mean? I have spelled out pretty clearly why I think it should change. And it's not for the sake of "change". It's because money is being spent on luxuries for the rich when it could be better spent on necessities for the poor.

And so far not a single one of the lefties has been able to refute that at all. Instead just changing the subject or leaving the thread altogether. They got nuttin'.

That's true, but surely it shouldn't be too hard to agree that it shouldn't be spent on duplicating services that already exist?

The ABC made sense in the 1950s when there were no other broadcasters. It's a complete waste of money now.
they do a great job at providing stuff like programs for the kids & Australian drama
i dont get why they need so many channels TV & Radio. their news service is sensationalized bias crap!

Plus the ABC isn't driven by ratings to anywhere near the extent that commercial tv and radio are.

Hence they are able to produce and air programming aimed at people with a brain.
no their drama & kids programming is brilliant, but their news service is crap. sensationalized left winged bias crap.

What is that supposed to mean? I have spelled out pretty clearly why I think it should change. And it's not for the sake of "change". It's because money is being spent on luxuries for the rich when it could be better spent on necessities for the poor.

And so far not a single one of the lefties has been able to refute that at all. Instead just changing the subject or leaving the thread altogether. They got nuttin'.

My comment stands alone, its not supposed to mean anything beyond the written word. Did you hear the commentary on ABC radio today trying to create the news not report it, re the Qld election.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back