The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Insiders this morning, then I would catch Abbott on Bolt.
I have been brain dead all day.
The only thing missing was to read the Telegraph on Mr & Mrs Abbott.
Sorry Maggie but anyone who watches that poorly researched, narcissistic, peddler of misinformation gets no sympathy from me.;)

Hee hee. Did Greg "Zions cultural attaché and press officer to News Corpse" mention his bromance to not only Tone but some Ben bloke who is yet a yahooooooo?
dont think he has dropped yet that he is close friends to Bibi Yahoo. But I thought he was coming out to Australia? no doubt Greg Sheridan will mention they were besties at uni, even tho bibi was in cambridge Mass.

and I was thinking he was doing it in latin all these times. well, i know not latin and neither ancient greek. I thought ancient greek, was actually not that far removed from the modern greek. I might be conflating the character/alphabet. I will ask a greek polymath friend how wrong i am/was

* wasn't necessarily referring to the language

Four Corners does it again, no surprises, this has been going on for years.
The plight of the unemployed is deplorable. So much for privatisation of public services.
Used to do quite a bit of work for members of my community and the old jobs on a board worked really well, not only that, they were real jobs.

The plight of the unemployed is deplorable. So much for privatisation of public services.
Used to do quite a bit of work for members of my community and the old jobs on a board worked really well, not only that, they were real jobs.

Indeed, then again I knew things were bad by the way I had been treated in the past and now my fiance has copped the same.

Perhaps here is something the Government can do that will actually do some good. Reform the sector. Bring back the CES. Bring back the Public Service exam. Engender some hope.

Please explain.

Please explain.

They were talking about the old Job Network (now Job Services Australia) and the behaviour of a number of organisations providing "job services" for the unemployed and the systematic rorting in place.

Some examples:

Forging of signatures and records to get more funding.
Actually claiming finding work for clients when those clients have acted alone to find their own jobs.
Offering fuel cards and then using those signatures for other records.
Even basic things like stuffing up curriculum vitae of clients.

Problems with the Job Network first surfaced in 1999 and have since gotten much bigger and there's been a clear blind eye turned on them by successive Governments and the Department Of Employment.

Even those who have been investigated have been allowed to continue to operate, yet pay fines for improper behaviour - and it crosses charities, other not-for-profit organisations and for profit businesses.

I'd like to add the brilliant QandA last night and the family violence discussion.

No grandstanding.
No Malcolm Turnbull auditioning to be PM in such a public way like he did last week.

Just a frank, often upsetting, but, brilliant discussion.
It was good wasn't it? I am also glad that that they also discussed that men are victims too.
ABC has certainly started well in current affairs. Well worth the money if only for 4 Corners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to add the brilliant QandA last night and the family violence discussion.

No grandstanding.
No Malcolm Turnbull auditioning to be PM in such a public way like he did last week.

Just a frank, often upsetting, but, brilliant discussion.

The difference in quality between a Q&A with two pollies from the major parties and a Q&A without either is pretty big.

They were talking about the old Job Network (now Job Services Australia) and the behaviour of a number of organisations providing "job services" for the unemployed and the systematic rorting in place.

Some examples:

Forging of signatures and records to get more funding.
Actually claiming finding work for clients when those clients have acted alone to find their own jobs.
Offering fuel cards and then using those signatures for other records.
Even basic things like stuffing up curriculum vitae of clients.

Problems with the Job Network first surfaced in 1999 and have since gotten much bigger and there's been a clear blind eye turned on them by successive Governments and the Department Of Employment.

Even those who have been investigated have been allowed to continue to operate, yet pay fines for improper behaviour - and it crosses charities, other not-for-profit organisations and for profit businesses.

I was unemployed for a few weeks a few years ago and I put myself through the process just to experience how it worked. The government job agency staff were completely clueless. They did not suggest any meaningful advice or one job to apply for. The non-government agencies were far more switched on and that's where I found my next job. If the Job Services Australia agencies are providing no benefit and actually rorting the system perhaps the whole organisation should be canned.

Creds to Four Corners for highlighting this issue but I think they could look at any provider of government services and find wholesale rorting of the system.

I was unemployed for a few weeks a few years ago and I put myself through the process just to experience how it worked. The government job agency staff were completely clueless. They did not suggest any meaningful advice or one job to apply for. The non-government agencies were far more switched on and that's where I found my next job. If the Job Services Australia agencies are providing no benefit and actually rorting the system perhaps the whole organisation should be canned.

Creds to Four Corners for highlighting this issue but I think they could look at any provider of government services and find wholesale rorting of the system.

So the Gument needs to root out the rorters. They've had 18 months to do it.

LB, given that it is so widespread, how much have they achieved?

How nice of the ABC to mention the PM in a story about Greek finances (intro by Leigh Sales):

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4187906.htm

Can someone tell me the relevance??

Probably highlighting a key issue:

* Austerity is not popular. It hurts too many of the people it is meant to protect from pain. Greeks voted out the previous administration in a landslide. If Australia was to head down the austerity road, the Government doing it will lose power very quickly.

Probably highlighting a key issue:

* Austerity is not popular. It hurts too many of the people it is meant to protect from pain. Greeks voted out the previous administration in a landslide. If Australia was to head down the austerity road, the Government doing it will lose power very quickly.

Of course she was, how stupid of me to not pick that up.

Is this it? In 24 hours a day 7 days a week we pick up the odd thing that gets your hackles up. Well there you go. Close them down for those slight nuances. Thank * they never hacked the phones of dead people the outrage would have been earth shattering.

The good thing is that the ABC will survive. Without a doubt a non biased media resource. It attackers on the otherhand....

Is this it? In 24 hours a day 7 days a week we pick up the odd thing that gets your hackles up. Well there you go. Close them down for those slight nuances. Thank **** they never hacked the phones of dead people the outrage would have been earth shattering.

The good thing is that the ABC will survive. Without a doubt a non biased media resource. It attackers on the otherhand....

Isn't Leigh Sales the ABC news masthead John? If we are to judge ABC news it should be in reference to her show. It's not a nuance when she throws Tony Abbott's name into an article that has nothing whatsoever to do with him.

Isn't Leigh Sales the ABC news masthead John? If we are to judge ABC news it should be in reference to her show. It's not a nuance when she throws Tony Abbott's name into an article that has nothing whatsoever to do with him.
Is this the offending act?

LEIGH SALES, PRESENTER: With the possible exception of Tony Abbott, the man with just about the hardest job in the world right now is the Finance Minister of Greece.

Is this the offending act?

LEIGH SALES, PRESENTER: With the possible exception of Tony Abbott, the man with just about the hardest job in the world right now is the Finance Minister of Greece.
I didn't bother clicking the link as I saw the interview and was racking my brain as to what she may have said but now that I see it in writing.
OMG, she should be taken off air!:confused::D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back