The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Both sides want to claim the better economic managers mantle and therefore want a way to stronger revenues,

Lol, as if higher taxes and better economics go hand in hand. Stimulus boy strikes again.

I wonder if Meds will get a copy of last night's Media Watch. The ABC got criticised for all of the private business analysts it uses in its business reports. Yes - Macquarie, CommSec and so on.

$1bn in funding and it cant even produce its own business reports.

Such great value for money.

Lol, as if higher taxes and better economics go hand in hand. Stimulus boy strikes again.
"Stimulus boy"?? What deft rhetoric from the man we already knew couldn't read a graph, and now know can't read English. Even when he's directly quoting it.

Here's an English lesson combined with another simple economics lesson: "stronger revenues" and "higher taxes" aren't the same thing.

But good on you for quoting the same post twice while I'm clearly not posting on Big Footy. It's always good to get more examples of your poor analysis and reasoning, especially as it so often occurs when you're trying vainly to discredit or minimise what I've said.

This attack is unjustified and over the top and an inquiry into the Abc is an example of how this government stifles opinions and organisations that do not conform. Wedge politics of polarisation is their specialty, and they pounce on every opening they can get to further their far -right agenda, and they get excellent traction through their private media owning oligarch cronies (or should that be bosses?).

This attack is unjustified and over the top and an inquiry into the Abc is an example of how this government stifles opinions and organisations that do not conform. Wedge politics of polarisation is their specialty, and they pounce on every opening they can get to further their far -right agenda, and they get excellent traction through their private media owning oligarch cronies (or should that be bosses?).

What about the ABC and their attack on the Libs?

Considering the ABC is legally required to be unbiased, why is it an issue to call them on it when they're clearly not?

And if you think they are unbiased, I look forward to hearing of all the 'attacks' of similar nature they make on ALP/Green MPs.

The Liberals are serially extremely dishonest, the Abc is the only news source to call them out thus giving the foolish the impression of bias.
As I stated they have a corrupt relationship with the private media which skews perceptions.

Absolutely correct - there was no coverage of the issue in Fairfax at all.

And the muslim guy in the audience with the dodgy background was a Murdoch plant or a Mossad double agent.
That sounds a bit foolish though not impossible, but if you read his statement carefully its not a call to arms but commentry on the impact of the autocratic moves the government is making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good article - couldn't agree more. Only PC, nanny-state types, with a hatred of debate and open representation of diverse views (no matter how abhorrent or difficult) could find fault. Thanks for posting.

And congrats to the ABC for standing up to the government tonight, reminding them that they are not a state organ/mouthpiece. About bloody time they said this.

Last edited:

Considering the ABC is legally required to be unbiased, why is it an issue to call them on it when they're clearly not?

And if you think they are unbiased, I look forward to hearing of all the 'attacks' of similar nature they make on ALP/Green MPs.
Can you explain where the bias is in relation to holding an inquiry. I must be missing something here.
Sadly haven't seen the program as I was out.

To maintain credibility no media is 100% biased its more weighted like 75 /25

Well yes. 75% being our New Corp owned print media, which is overtly biased, campaigning daily against Labor/greens, while pushing the agenda of the government. And a small, insignificant 25%, being the rest. The LNP's shock is that any media outlet might be vaguely critical of it, or that any media outlet might not be singing its ideological tune (aka, being on 'Team Australia'). Let's face it , the LNP doesn't care much for a diverse, robustly democratic press.

What is the 'attack on the Libs' in this case? It's a TV show where people express their opinions. Mallah expressed his opinion, and the ABC had a Lib there to counter that opinion, which he did. So........?

Can you explain where the bias is in relation to holding an inquiry. I must be missing something here.
Sadly haven't seen the program as I was out.

Tell me, what did you say when the ALP held an inquiry into Murdoch?

Remember, only one of those media organisations is legally required to be unbiased (hint, it's the one that is, by far, the biggest).

What is the 'attack on the Libs' in this case? It's a TV show where people express their opinions. Mallah expressed his opinion, and the ABC had a Lib there to counter that opinion, which he did. So........?

So the ABC is admitting it stuffed up why???

So the ABC is admitting it stuffed up why???

I've actually no idea why. As i said there was a Lib there to counter, and Jones IMMEDIATELY rejected Mallah's comments as absurd. Why the Libs have decided to make political hay with it in their dumb culture wars is beyond me. That the ABC have been cowered by that is also a mystery.

It was good to see the ABC grow some tonight and defend themselves. As they should: they have done nothing wrong. Again, the ABC can't control the comments/questions made by those in the audience. The comment was rejected as stupid by Jones. The liberal Party were represented on the program and given the right of response.

This is all SO TAME compared to the daily political warfare and partisan barracking of News Corp. And yes, you are right, the ABC is legally obliged to be unpartisan in a way New Corp isn't, which is precisely why they had a liberal representative there to rebuff Mallah's claim and rejected the claim immediately.

Seriously, what have the ABC done wrong here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back