The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly ridiculing!
May well be a duty of care issue.
Possibly constrained by OHS legislation to issue universal "loony alert" gesture in order to mitigate against the potential damage caused by taking him seriously.

Hardly ridiculing!
May well be a duty of care issue.
Possibly constrained by OHS legislation to issue universal "loony alert" gesture in order to mitigate against the potential damage caused by taking him seriously.
LOL.

Seriously though I don't think it was ever meant to be seen on air, just an unfortunately timed cross back to her, live TV can be a bitch sometimes.

I watch News Breakfast every morning and Virginia seems to have a low tolerance of bullshit from Politicians on both sides, not afraid to have a go at them when they are waffling on.

Feisty filly with an inbuilt bullshit detector;must be an anarchist or the antichrist or something not to mention the fact that she's oblivious to the subleties of Barnaby's dialect.

Hard to remember something that never happened.

You realise you are trying to argue that a newsreader who ridiculed a Coalition politician live on air is not biased? You're a laughing stock.
wut

Barnaby deserves ridicule. Nothing to do with bias, the mans opinions that aren't the usual new conservative wackery, are some kind of mish mash between Hannity then Larouche and Jones.

SO trioli making a ******ed gestures at a liberal member q and a panels consistently stacked with a majority of people from left wing bodies, the fact that govt criticism specifically targeted to the coalition plus its members have been ramped up since the proposed changes, the number of presenters anti lnp and not voting for them, the multiple asylum stories found to be one sided and anti current government.
You need to provide some evidence to support these views-the measurable ones such as q and q panels stacked, strikes me as incorrect for one thing. Trioli deserves a medal for identifying the lunacy of Barnaby.
Your other claims need lots of data to be verified.

bolt has not got the same requirement as he doesn't work for public providers like the abc. As for asylum seekers quoting and presenting mistruths is not on from a public network.
This idea that because one works for an organisation other than the ABC, that one is held to a different standard of journalism or ethical behaviour is simply foolhardy. Any media organization has an obligation to present factual and unbiased information. Any media outlet that doesn't strive for that, well you are letting them off far too lightly. The ABC is not perfect in presenting fact-based and impartial info, but is so far ahead of the rest its not funny.

Last edited:
Hard to remember something that never happened.

You realise you are trying to argue that a newsreader who ridiculed a Coalition politician live on air is not biased? You're a laughing stock.
She didn't specifically ridicule a coalition pollie-she specifically ridiculed an idiot. I realize it can be hard to tell the diff.
In any case instead of finding fault in one inconsequential accident, why don't you look at the body of work she has built up over the years. Many years as an industrious, lively, intelligent, ethical journalist. And compare that to the tripe that is out there. Lucky to have her even if she has erred on occasions.

She didn't specifically ridicule a coalition pollie-she specifically ridiculed an idiot. I realize it can be hard to tell the diff.
In any case instead of finding fault in one inconsequential accident, why don't you look at the body of work she has built up over the years. Many years as an industrious, lively, intelligent, ethical journalist. And compare that to the tripe that is out there. Lucky to have her even if she has erred on occasions.
I laugh at this. She's a dolt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laugh all you like Motty but if you think Trioli is a dolt, you are allowing your prejudices too much rein old thing.
Sh simply can't put her heavy biases aside. For an independent or supposedly independent journo it makes her stupid.

no need to claim bias here :drunk:.
This is what makes me laugh. Ignore the content, ignore the independent figures of 84% approval (which Abbot would kill for) but def highlight that she is a board member. Never take off your rose coloured glasses as you may see things as they are and not you would like them to be.

This is what makes me laugh. Ignore the content, ignore the independent figures of 84% approval (which Abbot would kill for) but def highlight that she is a board member. Never take off your rose coloured glasses as you may see things as they are and not you would like them to be.
Should I just block my ears and eyes like you do? She is a member of the board thus the comments made by her have got to be taken with a grain of salt. Therre is clearly a vested interest in her position.

Should I just block my ears and eyes like you do? She is a member of the board thus the comments made by her have got to be taken with a grain of salt. Therre is clearly a vested interest in her position.
I was referring to the figures, not her, see, selective reading. Case proven.

That is just not borne out anything other than your own blurry vision. She is so far from stupid its not funny.
Apparently according to Ginnie she questioned whether the Sep 11 attacks actually were possibly done as result of right wing military group from within the US forces. Definitely dopey and definitely biased

Sh simply can't put her heavy biases aside. For an independent or supposedly independent journo it makes her stupid.
And Motty, Trioli also has a fair bit of personal charm -so all in all, she has a lot of the characteristics that tone real needs, but sadly lacks.;)

Apparently according to Ginnie she questioned whether the Sep 11 attacks actually were possibly done as result of right wing military group from within the US forces. Definitely dopey and definitely biased
She isn't Robinson Crusoe on that view-but where did you read that?

I was referring to the figures, not her, see, selective reading. Case proven.
Give me evidence of where the statistics were sourced and questions raised. No clear evidence it was independent or not skewed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back