The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually I'd put the blame on them seemingly trying to make the large part of their TV content for the female of the species between the ages of 12 and 40.

They are catering to the trash tv market.
I see very little content on Channel 10 to attract a large male audience. Gay men perhaps, but not the wider male audience.
Had to join, to reply to this.

The only people that watch trash tv, are women and gays?

What an ignorant and childish thing to say.

Had to join, to reply to this.

White, hetero males only watch quality television like Bathurst and Big Bang Theory.

Actually it's marketing 101.

Who the * do you think buys all those shitty trashy magazines that keep the paparazzi in business? Here's a clue, it aint straight men between the ages of 12 and 70.

Same goes for music. Who's driving the sales of the utter worst music around... see above ^

Hehe. Wall to wall Gough on our ABC.
Ironically, it's wall to wall Gough on 7, 9 and 10 as well.

God help us, they've turned left..

Who the **** do you think buys all those shitty trashy magazines that keep the paparazzi in business? Here's a clue, it aint straight men between the ages of 12 and 70.

Same goes for music. Who's driving the sales of the utter worst music around... see above ^
Unbelievable.

Ignorant stereotyping.

Not all homosexuals love trash tv, shitty music or trashy magazines... Turns out they can enjoy AFL, cars, fishing... All sorts of other activities...

I can guarantee that you have met, communicated with, and even enjoyed the company of, many homosexuals, without even knowing they were homosexual. Because it turns out, the stereotypes shown on trash tv, don't actually represent the majority of homosexuals.

Trash tv is for idiots. It's lowest common denominator stuff.
Big bang theory, big brother, wrestling shows, etc.
So you trying to say that it's only for women and gays... is saying that they are all idiots.

It's attitudes like yours that hold back society, and make people want to continue to hide their sexuality.

As for music,
Freddie Mercury was a homosexual, and created some of the greatest music, and best rock ballads of all time.

And marketing 101? Middle aged women and gays are the majority?

I'm done talking with you. You are an ignorant, and sad little man.

Won't need to watch after such a thoughtful,intelligent and doubtless accurate summation....
"The resident aborigine guest said "um ah blah blah blah aborigine' and the muppets in the crowd all cheered."...not the statement of a belligerent dumb racist who likes misrepresentation....

Oh look the Bigfooty muppets are clapping too.

But what makes Tony Jones think that just because someone is Aborigine they have an opinion that is worth listening to about how Indigenous issues are treated in the education system. That is racism right there.

TONY JONES: Miranda, what do you think? I mean the idea, for example, that Indigenous issues are imbedded (sic) through the entire educational system in every subject in some way, shape or form and are cluttering up the curriculum, do you have any thoughts about that?

MIRANDA TAPSELL: Oh, I think that's silly. I think that the content of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander in the curriculum, it needs to be in there. Sorry, I will word that again. I want that to be in the curriculum because it's going to inform our students about people like me and to make it more accessible and rather than shutting that aspect of Australia out. That's just happened for a very long time and now that it's finally being introduced and celebrated in our schools, we need to keep it there. That's just my opinion.
I don't criticise her for not knowing that the recent report on the curriculum recommended that Indigenous issues be taught more explicitly rather than embedded in all subjects. But why invite her onto the show and ask her about something she has no clue about?

But talking of dumb, here's the wisdom imparted to the viewing public by Mark Colwell, aka rapper 360.

MATT COLWELL: Definitely, yeah. Spot-on. Spot-on. There’s so many racist bigots in this country and they're everywhere, and it's like - I don't know about - like I was talking to someone earlier about this, but the Australian flag to me has now become - I identify that with racism. Does anyone else?​

What was up with Miranda Tapsell crazy chuckle everytime she said something, very odd. Matt Cowell were did they dig him up from but i did like his profanity, was hoping he would drop the c bomb, that would have got the luvvies in a state.

As for music,
Freddie Mercury was a homosexual, and created some of the greatest music, and best rock ballads of all time.
Reggie Dwight goes okay with the music thing too just quietly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think Professor Spurr's recommendations re the new curriculum did anything like what you're suggesting...

Did you read it?

Recommendation 17

ACARA reconceptualise the cross-curriculum priorities and instead embed teaching and learning about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures, Asia and Australia’s engagement with Asia, and sustainability explicitly, and only where educationally relevant, in the mandatory content of the curriculum.
Unsurprisingly you've also comprehensively misrepresented the rapper....bigfooty muppets indeed.:rolleyes:

I was surprised by how inarticulate he was. Perhaps he can express himself better in his lyrics. But he was a poor choice of guest.

Did you read it?

Recommendation 17

ACARA reconceptualise the cross-curriculum priorities and instead embed teaching and learning about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures, Asia and Australia’s engagement with Asia, and sustainability explicitly, and only where educationally relevant, in the mandatory content of the curriculum.
I was surprised by how inarticulate he was. Perhaps he can express himself better in his lyrics. But he was a poor choice of guest.​
You know I was talking about Spurr's advice which was on the English Curriculum suggesting the government focus less on teaching Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander literature in our nation’s schools, and place greater emphasis on western Judeo-Christian culture.​

"The resident aborigine guest said "um ah blah blah blah aborigine' and the muppets in the crowd all cheered."...
Changes to...
I don't criticise her for not knowing that the recent report on the curriculum recommended that Indigenous issues be taught more explicitly rather than embedded in all subjects. But why invite her onto the show and ask her about something she has no clue about?
I don't agree she had no clue but today's version is considerably more moderate and acceptable.
Again as you know the rapper spoke specifically about the flag draped around around the neck of a knob-end with a naked torso screaming "get the * out of my country" to people who were off-white.
Hence his association of the flag with bigotry,intolerance and racism.

Oh look the Bigfooty muppets are clapping too.:cool:

This is why we need the ABC, so actual reportage can balance the machinations of this snakey megalomaniac

http://m.smh.com.au/national/murdoch-editors-told-to-kill-whitlam-in-1975-20140627-zson7.html

Murdoch editors told to 'kill Whitlam' in 1975

News Corporation chief Rupert Murdoch directed his editors to "kill Whitlam" some 10 months before the downfall of Gough Whitlam's Labor government, according to a newly released United States diplomatic report.

The US National Archives has just declassified a secret diplomatic telegram dated January 20, 1975 that sheds new light on Murdoch's involvement in the tumultuous events of Australia's 1975 constitutional crisis.

Entitled "Australian publisher privately turns on Prime Minister," the telegram from US Consul-General in Melbourne, Robert Brand, reported to the State Department that "Rupert Murdoch has issued [a] confidential instruction to editors of newspapers he controls to 'Kill Whitlam' ".

Describing Mr Murdoch as "the l'enfant terrible of Australian journalism," Mr Brand noted that Mr Murdoch had been "the principal publisher supporting the Whitlam election effort in 1972 Labor victory".

With a publishing empire that included The Australian as well as daily or Sunday newspapers in every Australian capital, Mr Murdoch's new editorial direction was seen as a critical political development.

"If Murdoch attack directed against Whitlam personally this could presage hard times for Prime Minister; but if against Labor government would be dire news for party," Mr Brand telegraphed.

http://m.smh.com.au/national/murdoch-editors-told-to-kill-whitlam-in-1975-20140627-zson7.html

This was touched upon all too briefly in the replay of The Power and the Passion on "aunty" this evening.

It was truly gratifying to see my 14 year old transfixed for 2 hours by a political documentary and asking, "did this actually happen?".

Thank you ABC.

Who the **** do you think buys all those shitty trashy magazines that keep the paparazzi in business? Here's a clue, it aint straight men between the ages of 12 and 70.

Teenagers?

This was touched upon all too briefly in the replay of The Power and the Passion on "aunty" this evening.

It was truly gratifying to see my 14 year old transfixed for 2 hours by a political documentary and asking, "did this actually happen?".

Thank you ABC.
Not normally into consiparcy theories but noticed with interest that Murdoch thought that he was going to get the Ambassadorship and Whitlam said no.
Interesting comment from John Menadue, News Limited general manager in the early 1970s where he stated that Murdoch had contacted him prior to Whitlam's dismissal what was going to happen. Also told Menadue not to worry as he would be okay and receive an Ambassadorship to Canada. 15 months later Menadue was appointed to the post in Canada.
CIA? Murdoch? Who knows, perhaps it was another 'operational matter'.

Not normally into consiparcy theories but noticed with interest that Murdoch thought that he was going to get the Ambassadorship and Whitlam said no.
Interesting comment from John Menadue, News Limited general manager in the early 1970s where he stated that Murdoch had contacted him prior to Whitlam's dismissal what was going to happen. Also told Menadue not to worry as he would be okay and receive an Ambassadorship to Canada. 15 months later Menadue was appointed to the post in Canada.
CIA? Murdoch? Who knows, perhaps it was another 'operational matter'.

Yeah, it was Japan:), but Uncle Rupert certainly is a clairvoyant of some skill.

So medusala a year or so ago, when you were spitting bile and venom re the BBC and I told you there were and had been allegations floating around for some time, that senior Tory politicians had been involved in child abuse and or an underage sex ring, which you vehemently rejected, what say you now

Given more recent revelations, about a government coverup of abuse at two seperate boys homes, allegations from a former Tory staffer about abuse at parties held by senior ministers, where details were forwarded to Thatcher, only for the disgruntled party later to be told to keep quiet, are you a supporter for the current inquiry? The amount of deliberate political bungling so far has been impressive, on the one hand Cameron et al appear to support it, yet on the other seem intent on sabotaging by appointment.

Last edited:
So medusala a year or so ago, when you were spitting bile and venom re the BBC and I told you there were and had been allegations floating around for some time, that senior Tory politicians had been involved in child abuse and or an underage sex ring, which you vehemently rejected, what say you now

I support the current enquiry. I hope numerous people go to jail not least all those at the BBC who covered up Jimmy. The details didn't go to Thatcher they went to Leon Brittain.

You seem to think this all about the Tories. Hardly. The cases that are known or have come to light so far involve other parties. I hardly vehemently rejected the underage sex ring, merely that there was stuff all evidence to support your claims of Tory involvement. Still no names have been mentioned ex Cyril Smith.

Lets not forget last time a Tory name was mentioned in conjunction with paedo activities it turned out to be incorrect and he sued.

BTW not sure what this has to do with the ABC. Is it riddled with paedos too?

I support the current enquiry. I hope numerous people go to jail not least all those at the BBC who covered up Jimmy. The details didn't go to Thatcher they went to Leon Brittain.

You seem to think this all about the Tories. Hardly. The cases that are known or have come to light so far involve other parties. I hardly vehemently rejected the underage sex ring, merely that there was stuff all evidence to support your claims of Tory involvement. Still no names have been mentioned ex Cyril Smith.

Lets not forget last time a Tory name was mentioned in conjunction with paedo activities it turned out to be incorrect and he sued.

It appears that if you have the Tory immunisation shot, you get immunity from paedophilia.

This is quite a breakthrough.

Not sure, would be more worried about the commercial stations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back