The Future - Your Bold Predictions for 2015 Draft Players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rhys Matheson will prove to be the value pick from the draft and provide Brisbane with excellent service.

Charlie Curnow will prove to be a bust, serviceable player at best

Callum Mills will be the most decorated player from the draft

Darcy Tucker will play 200 games

Josh Dunkley will be Josh Kennedy mk 2, big inside mid with a point to prove to his dad's club who passed on him / let him go

Rhys Mathieson will play 5 games in the next 2 years then request a trade to Essendon so he can play with his best mate Darce, who will have won the Rising Star and AFL best young player in those two years.

Weitering will have the most AA's out of this draft. The best player. State and Francis to round out the top 3.

Oliver to win a brownlow.

Bonner to be the best value.

Ah Chee to be the flop of the top 10.

Doedoe to make Adelaide supporters eat their words, before he too leaves to go back to Geelong.

Schache to kick over a 100 goals in one season.

Weitering: durums are beating that this harvest from the draft will add starch to the Blues as he circles around various rolls. Should ask for more bread soon, but his name is often spelt incorrectly

Schache: schould schurprise schupporters with schtellar schtyle schlotting schix pointersch schuccessfully

Mills: provides a boon to Sydney as he cranks up the energy & grinds out a top year, thus showing his wares to brother Patty

Oliver: sends fans around the twist as he cooks up some thpectacular thurprises onfield.

Parish: prays upon the opposition with Gazza Snr like form. He does this by building his body with preacher curls.

Francis: is revealed as a talking mule with a kick to put all others to shame. He leads Catholics to the Bombers.

Hopper: fans have a true romance with him as he shows speed & marks like an easy rider, revealing himself as a giant.

Ah Chee: bless you say the fans as CAC shows that he is no Jughead. Plenty of Veronica's & Betty's chase young CAC

Weideman: with Hogan looking a flight risk, he takes on the mantle of the leader of the forwards & the fans call him You-da-man. He tries to roundup support, but weeds out those that won't grow with the team.

McKay: keeps denying that he is the grandson of Andrew, but remains tight-lipped about suspected older brothers Clint & Matt, as well as great uncle Joe from South Freo. He spends bye week in Mackay Qld, where he is given the keys to the city

Tyrone Leonardis will be likened to Adam Goodes
Charlie Curnow will remind people of Wines
Shane Yarran will proove to be the steal of the draft

Parish is the best mid fielder out there from this draft...the Bombers have a gun, i hope the Demons know what they're doing as their track record suggests they usually don't!

You can hardly say weve failed at the draft since jason taylor came to the club. Ill back him in with this selection

Cyril's polish is overrated. He gets the job done by combining manic defensive pressure, implied pressure, clever tap ons and freak goals.

But have him streaming through midfield and needing to lace out a target and unlike Uncle Dean who'd put it on a chest he'll often spray it. Kicks a lot of points as well.

Young Daniel will have to do the job with defensive pressure, run and smarts as well.
Rubbish

The Demons overall track record at the draft for the past decade is abysmal....set to continue?
Not the past 2 years though.
2013: Tyson trade, Vince trade, Salem, Kennedy-Harris, Harmes
2014: Petracca, Brayshaw, Stretch, Neal-Bullen, Frost trade, Oscar McDonald, vandenBerg

We've hit big time the last two years. Tide seems to be turning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rhys Mathieson will play 5 games in the next 2 years then request a trade to Essendon so he can play with his best mate Darce, who will have won the Rising Star and AFL best young player in those two years.

That's optimistic! If we have as many injuries as this season though, he will get plenty of chances up here. Flight risk was one of my first thoughts but at Pick 39 well worth the risk.

Not the past 2 years though.
2013: Tyson trade, Vince trade, Salem, Kennedy-Harris, Harmes
2014: Petracca, Brayshaw, Stretch, Neal-Bullen, Frost trade, Oscar McDonald, vandenBerg

We've hit big time the last two years. Tide seems to be turning.
Well i hope for Demons fans sake they haven't stuffed this one up because Parish is Brownlow material!

Well i hope for Demons fans sake they haven't stuffed this one up because Parish is Brownlow material!
I love people who can't decipher between fact and emotional connection. You would have no idea how Parish is going to turn out. And you also clearly have no idea who we've drafted over the past couple of years. We've done well. Among them is the current rising star winner.

Don't let the facts stop you from posting though. Keep plugging away, champ.

I love people who can't decipher between fact and emotional connection. You would have no idea how Parish is going to turn out. And you also clearly have no idea who we've drafted over the past couple of years. We've done well. Among them is the current rising star winner.

Don't let the facts stop you from posting though. Keep plugging away, champ.
Fact: Melbourne have been absolutely hopeless at the draft table for the past decade...get your hand off it. The Demons are the club that had four picks before Fyfe........taking Scully, Trengrove, Gysberts and Tapscott while letting Fyfe go through to the keeper. Then you have Molan, Morton, Bell, Smith and of course Watts!! All i 'm saying is they had better be on the money with Oliver because both Parish and Francis will be stars!

How many draft chances have Melbourne had?

Last edited:
Fact: Melbourne have been absolutely hopeless at the draft table for the past decade...get your hand off it. The Demons are the club that had four picks before Fyfe........all i 'm saying is they had better be on the money with Oliver because both Parish and Francis will be stars!

Fact: You're still doing it. You have no idea who's going to be a 'star'. Your opinion is not a fact (as much as your brain tells you it is).
Fact: You're not actually reading what people are writing.
Fact: We've done very well at the draft table since our new recruiting team has come in (and even a bit before they did).
Fact: Objectivity: look into it. Try very hard to grasp the concept.

Fact: Melbourne have been absolutely hopeless at the draft table for the past decade...get your hand off it. The Demons are the club that had four picks before Fyfe........taking Scully, Trengrove, Gysberts and Tapscott while letting Fyfe go through to the keeper. Then you have Molan, Morton, Bell, Smith and of course Watts!! All i 'm saying is they had better be on the money with Oliver because both Parish and Francis will be stars!

Every side picked before Fyfe. Even Fremantle picked Morabito before him. Get off it.

Yeah, Melbourne have been s**t from 2007-12. We get it. Better than most. No need to tell us. But the 2013 and 2014 trade and draft periods were great for the club. While I'm not as confident in this year's crop, that's more because of my own opinions. The club has improved out of sight off-field over the last two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back