SnakeBaker#29

Debutant
Apr 8, 2010
On top of the pack
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St. Louis Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys
The gap I'm talking about isn't about the quality of the list or the facilities, it's about the Coaching Panel.
We have the WORST (dumbest/laziest/ most clueless) collection of coaches ever assembled at a league club.
Lets look at the evidence:

#1. When the opposition score a behind against us, they know they are about to convert that into a 7 point play, because we have NO PLANS for kicking out and basically hand the ball back to the enemy every time.
THIS HAPPENS ALL GAME, EVERY GAME - Nothing changes!

#2. When we score a behind the opposition know they are merely seconds away from having a shot at goal because we have NO PLANS for holding the ball in our area.

#3 At every Ruck contest we have NO PLANS for either winning the ball away efficiently or nullifying the opposition dominence whether it be centre square or boundary throw-ins.

#4 We cant kick! We cant kick goals, we cant hit a target in close, we cant hit a lead up from 30+ metres away!
PS: We are the only club that don't have a single player that can goal from outside 50m.

#5 We cant mark!
You don't believe me? Just watch another game that North aren't playing in. You'll see player after player taking mark after mark. Yes other teams actually hold marks even when they are under pressure!

#6 We cant stick a tackle and even worse, we cant break a tackle.
Even skinny little dweebs break our pathetic attempts to tackle.

#7 Undisciplined acts are repeatedly tolerated. Especially in the back line.

#8 Lindsey Thomas - This gutless show-boat is nothing more than a fluke with a bit of leg speed. He is the most un-North Melbourne like player to ever represent the club. Cant get an easy kick? No problem just slip over hit the ground and pull the ball in. He gets pinged every time but keeps doing the same stupid things.

Finally not one single player has progressed in 2011.
Most have gone backwards. Nobody is showing any desire.
They look like a bunch of blokes who are quite happy to be living the easy life of a pro-sportsman and the thought of sacrificing and putting it all on the line to win a Premiership doesnt ever occur to them.

Everything I've said here goes directly back to a Coach and clearly highlights just WHAT THEY ARE NOT DOING!

When Brad Scott first arrived, he stupidly said, "I want to get rid of Shinboner Spirit."

Well congratulations Coach, you've at least succeeded in one area.

The Shinboner Spirit certainly looks DEAD!

The gap I'm talking about isn't about the quality of the list or the facilities, it's about the Coaching Panel.
We have the WORST (dumbest/laziest/ most clueless) collection of coaches ever assembled at a league club.
Lets look at the evidence:

#1. When the opposition score a behind against us, they know they are about to convert that into a 7 point play, because we have NO PLANS for kicking out and basically hand the ball back to the enemy every time.

#2. When we score a behind the opposition know they are merely seconds away from having a shot at goal because we have NO PLANS for holding the ball in our area.

#3 At every Ruck contest we have NO PLANS for either winning the ball away efficiently or nullifying the opposition dominence whether it be centre square or boundary throw-ins.

#4 We cant kick! We cant kick goals, we cant hit a target in close, we cant hit a lead up from 30+ metres away!
PS: We are the only club that don't have a single player that can goal from outside 50m.

#5 We cant mark!
You don't believe me? Just watch another game that North aren't playing in. You'll see player after player taking mark after mark. Yes other teams actually hold marks even when they are under pressure!

#6 We cant stick a tackle and even worse, we cant break a tackle.
Even skinny little dweebs break our pathetic attempts to tackle.

#7 Undisciplined acts are repeatedly tolerated. Especially in the back line.

#8 Lindsey Thomas - This gutless show-boat is nothing more than a fluke with a bit of leg speed. He is the most un-North Melbourne like player to ever represent the club. Cant get an easy kick? No problem just slip over hit the ground and pull the ball in. He gets pinged every time but keeps doing the same stupid things.

Finally not one single player has progressed in 2011.
Most have gone backwards. Nobody is showing any desire.
They look like a bunch of blokes who are quite happy to be living the easy life of a pro-sportsman and the thought of sacrificing and putting it all on the line to win a Premiership doesnt ever occur to them.

Everything I've said here goes directly back to a Coach and clearly highlights just WHAT THEY ARE NOT DOING!

When Brad Scott first arrived, he stupidly said, "I want to get rid of Shinboner Spirit."

Well congratulations Coach, you've at least succeeded in one area.

The Shinboner Spirit certainly looks DEAD!

Its hard to disagree with that, its pretty compelling and on the money.

I dont agree with the Shinboner thing - he didnt want to get rid of it just redefine it so every didnt percieve North as a battling club.

Look, Im realistic about where we are at - we have a very very inexperienced midfield and some senior players who are simply playing because they are simply that - senior players. Rawlings, Firrito, McMahon, Thompson, Petrie are not pulling their weight nor are they hitting targets. On the flip side we are giving games to young guys who havnt earnt it - sets a poor standard in my opinion.

Its hard to disagree with that, its pretty compelling and on the money.

I dont agree with the Shinboner thing - he didnt want to get rid of it just redefine it so every didnt percieve North as a battling club.

Look, Im realistic about where we are at - we have a very very inexperienced midfield and some senior players who are simply playing because they are simply that - senior players. Rawlings, Firrito, McMahon, Thompson, Petrie are not pulling their weight nor are they hitting targets. On the flip side we are giving games to young guys who havnt earnt it - sets a poor standard in my opinion.

i agree with everything snake baker said-he forgot to mention how slow we are,we keep recruiting turtles.

If we could actually use the ball, leg speed wouldn't be an issue.
We could actually stand our ground instead of running, panicking and fumbling.
In that order!
Which we do all game, every game.

How to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse?

If one was to ignore the hysteria that happens after a loss (THIS HAPPENS AFTER EVERY GAME, EVERY GAME), I do wonder about this. The comment elsewhere about the std of Thu training is a small example, the skills and things like kick outs are others. Sure, we're inexperienced, but I hope our coaches are the types to lead our kids to the success we desire. Anyone got any informed views on this, or deep analytical insight to offer?

Kimbo - My assumption is that they're fine at training because they're not under any real pressure. ?

Joey7 - so has the shinboner tag changed to mean that we're not a club battling for resources, so we're not going into battle on the field!

LT had 8 scoring attempts for 0-6-1-1.

Our other 5 Forwards didn't have 8 attempts between them.

Ballantine was close to BOG and didn't have that many.

LT is a genuine star and would slot straight into 16 other teams.

I think Wells has to play designated kicker. He ran it out once yesterday and it was the most fluid our back 6 have looked since 1999. Losing Josh Gibson was huge, he is clearly light years ahead of S.Thompson as the 3rd defender.

I don't think we look any different under BON than we did under Dean, our weaknesses then are still our weaknesses. The players have got younger, not more talented.

Nothing we can do about the midfield other than draft Sammy Powers next season. Hopefully JZ or BC become half the player Sammy was.

SB#29 seems to be indicating he'd like "changes".:)

I believe it will come. Our skill execution was very poor yesterday, been a problem for a while.....But you can see what BS is trying to do, it's no use playing man on man contested lock down football as the game has changed dramatically, it's a posession game now, all about delivery. I'd rather see us try again and again to create than to go back to the Laids approach of lock em all down and try and minimise the damage.
At least by attacking we find out who can play and who's skills crumble under pressure. The game itself is/has gone past players like Brady etc whos disposal is ordinary, but we need types like him in there for now to help with the contest.
The gap is wide right now, but there's a reason, I reckon, why we've drafted players like Mullet who can really use the ball.....He'll hopefully come on as expected and we'll be able to challenge, we are a fair way off right now.
All of our good users of the ball have just got to get more of it in the 2's.
JMac will come in this week for this very reason IMO.

Only if you are counting VFL and SANFL, teams. Richmond, Adelaide, West Coast and the Suns are the only teams he would get a game for.

Not with his selfish attitude he wouldn't, have a look where Morton was playing on the weekend for not putting the team first. ;)

Lindsay Thomas is too undisciplined... he basically cost us 4 goals. send him back to the vfl and put him in the backline.... Teach him how to actually play the game... he is costing us

LT had 8 scoring attempts for 0-6-1-1.

Our other 5 Forwards didn't have 8 attempts between them.

Ballantine was close to BOG and didn't have that many.

LT is a genuine star and would slot straight into 16 other teams.

I think Wells has to play designated kicker. He ran it out once yesterday and it was the most fluid our back 6 have looked since 1999. Losing Josh Gibson was huge, he is clearly light years ahead of S.Thompson as the 3rd defender.

I don't think we look any different under BON than we did under Dean, our weaknesses then are still our weaknesses. The players have got younger, not more talented.

Nothing we can do about the midfield other than draft Sammy Powers next season. Hopefully JZ or BC become half the player Sammy was.

he kicked 4 goals 5 behinds :rolleyes::confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While the OP is harsh (this is a young team, and it is only round 4 - one of which was a bye), I think he is mostly on the money.

I like NMFC. Unless it is the Lions they're playing, then I always want to see them win. And when the Lions aren't doing so well (which is the case now - and the foreseeable future), its good to have another club to take an interest in.

But this is by far the worst season so far. I have delayed getting Fox sport (NSW) on this season due to moving house, but now I've settled in, I'm not going to bother.

Both my club, and NMFC are just too painful to watch. Ugh... at least with a young list, you can at least hope that in the coming years, you'll improve. Not the case with the Lions.

Typical boring, same old tripe, spewed out from a small minority of North Melbourne supporters after every loss. What a pathetic OP.

North can't kick...blah, blah, blah....North has no game plan......whinge, whinge, whinge......Lindsay Thomas (dispite being staighter kicking off a BOG performance) is a dud and needs to be dropped.....blah, blah, blah.

Go and stick your head back in the sand and come back when you have something half intelligent to contribute.

Firstly OP is all bullshit, because nothing happens ALL GAME, EVERY GAME. More specifically:
1. Closest to the mark - decision making is bad more often than not, and disposal lets us down. This happens with young teams and we will improve.
2. Thought yesterday showed a great deal of improvement in this area. Crap call.
3. Yeah, nah. Again, watch a replay from yesterday and tell me there weren't times when we cleared the ball effectively from stoppages.
4. Build up to Boomer's goal in the second quarter shows we are capable of hitting targets. I know it's frustrating when it doesn't happen, but it's the negative crap that sticks in your mind and you forget all the times it does go right. PS Was Atley's goal from outside 50? Not far off it if it wasn't, ditto one of Swallow's.
5. Yeah, bullshit again. OK we only took 50 marks yesterday, and Freo took 69 - swirly conditions didn't help. We took 100 odd against WC, 75 or so against the pies.
6. Plenty of good tackle pressure yesterday.
7. Frustrating, but hardly a burning issue
8. Oh just **** off.

Firstly OP is all bullshit, because nothing happens ALL GAME, EVERY GAME. More specifically:
1. Closest to the mark - decision making is bad more often than not, and disposal lets us down. This happens with young teams and we will improve.
2. Thought yesterday showed a great deal of improvement in this area. Crap call.
3. Yeah, nah. Again, watch a replay from yesterday and tell me there weren't times when we cleared the ball effectively from stoppages.
4. Build up to Boomer's goal in the second quarter shows we are capable of hitting targets. I know it's frustrating when it doesn't happen, but it's the negative crap that sticks in your mind and you forget all the times it does go right. PS Was Atley's goal from outside 50? Not far off it if it wasn't, ditto one of Swallow's.
5. Yeah, bullshit again. OK we only took 50 marks yesterday, and Freo took 69 - swirly conditions didn't help. We took 100 odd against WC, 75 or so against the pies.
6. Plenty of good tackle pressure yesterday.
7. Frustrating, but hardly a burning issue
8. Oh just **** off.

The Mods have such a huge volume of posts to read through on this board that sometimes we cut corners. For example, sensing how on the money you were with the first 7 points, I thought it'd be okay to skip your last point, confident that it, too, would have likewise been on the money. :thumbsu:

Typical boring, same old tripe, spewed out from a small minority of North Melbourne supporters after every loss. What a pathetic OP.

North can't kick...blah, blah, blah....North has no game plan......whinge, whinge, whinge......Lindsay Thomas (dispite being staighter kicking off a BOG performance) is a dud and needs to be dropped.....blah, blah, blah.

Go and stick your head back in the sand and come back when you have something half intelligent to contribute.

It's got me ****ed, to be honest. Everyone is entitled to a vent, but some of the s**t that's been written on here is ridiculous. Billy Joel was half right - "Keep it to yourself it's your life"

Unbelievable that anyone would think we have no strategy with our kick ins. The days of bombing long to the ruckman are long gone. If your confidence is down then you will look second rate if you dont execute properly.

And to suggest Bons comments about the Shinboner Spirit has anything to do with never giving in and fighting to the end is ridiculous, his comments relate to losing the underdog stigma not fighting spirit.

Unbelievable that anyone would think we have no strategy with our kick ins. The days of bombing long to the ruckman are long gone. If your confidence is down then you will look second rate if you dont execute properly.
:D LOL, vs eagles long bombs to cox,after waiting until umpire signals play on and little chip kick to self

vs pies,long bombs to jolly/o'brien after waiting for play on and little chip kick to self

vs dockers,wait for play on signal,chip to self,and long bomb to sandilands,:rolleyes:

:D LOL, vs eagles long bombs to cox,after waiting until umpire signals play on and little chip kick to self

vs pies,long bombs to jolly/o'brien after waiting for play on and little chip kick to self

vs dockers,wait for play on signal,chip to self,and long bomb to sandilands,:rolleyes:

Very Funny Mutt. I was referring to kicking long to your own ruckmen, not the oppositions.

The Mods have such a huge volume of posts to read through on this board that sometimes we cut corners. For example, sensing how on the money you were with the first 7 points, I thought it'd be okay to skip your last point, confident that it, too, would have likewise been on the money. :thumbsu:

Yes, yes, YES! ChuckyM was bang on the money once again there. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back