Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That ******** 'Whispers' is so Ian Shuttleworth it's not funny. Notice how most of his 'good news' stories relate to the Crows?
Most, don't you mean all? I don't think he's had any good news about Port, most of it is always negative & a few times his Crow positives end up being for us. Like when he heard Polec was coming back to SA, we weren't even factored in as a potential club fast forward a month he went from being Tingle-bound to happy at Alberton.

If ever there was a club in finals contention looking for a ready made forward like Cameron who is willing to relocate to SA it'd be us & Rohde/Cripps would be all over it.

We might become a Saturday fixture team.

Interesting story in Rear Window on back page of the Fin Review today. If you are subscriber the link is

http://www.afr.com/Blogs/Rear Window#9423cf66-107b-11e4-b3cf-14c51a21d935

I'm not, so I will type up a few things I found interesting.

Gyng laces up for AFL weekend bonanza

The next deal to broadcast AFL from 2017 and beyond just got much more interesting.

The big news is that Nine Entertainment Co - newly nationalised with its Adelaide and Perth stations - is expected to bid for two games per week. As it seeks to catch Seven in the southern states David Gyngell is likely to seek a Friday night blockbuster and a Saturday game that includes one of the four South and Western Australian clubs.

Most recently the focus has been on Ten's plummeting fortune. Most recently the media focus has been on Ten's current boss. Hamish McLennan who has reportedly expressed his intention to make a grab for part of the AFL pie. He's also hinted (depending on the day) at daring plays for super rugby, ocean swimming, dwarf throwing, Japanese chess, wheelchair racing and Prince George's coronation in 2062.

Analysts are dark on Seven West Media shares because the network has no upside on its biggest sport property, either it will lose it and suffer a ratings catastrophe, or it will have to outlay massive dollars to bid for the entire roster and risk on selling surplus games to competitors.

... For the broadcaster/s to write enough ad dollars to match its outlay, an absolute maximum of five of those matches could be on free to air. Probably four even

.... Around three months ago. AFL House was intimating it might go to market and nail down the next rights period before Christmas. That's no longer the case, formal negotiations will now open around April net year. Some say the delay may be related to Ten's precarious cash position.

A cow supporting associate has texted me stating that if notso gets the gig a lot of people at the crows will be happy and leave as they can't stand him. I told him that his source was full of it and the boys club will prevail. He replied with "port will finish bottom 4".

The crap we have to deal with!

A bottom 4 team can have 12 wins? Your mate must have absolutely sucked at maths when he was at school.

It would be funny if Trigg lured Paddy to Carlton. He hurt the Crows as CEO and he could deliver more hurt after he leaves.

In Chapman's interview today, he said he told Thteven that he'd clock him if he went after him.

Trigg would have laughed at him and rightly so. I reckon my 5yo could take Chapman out.

In Chapman's interview today, he said he told Thteven that he'd clock him if he went after him.

Trigg would have laughed at him and rightly so. I reckon my 5yo could take Chapman out.
My 10yo could just about take Nigel out. The young kids of Port posters could pretty much wipe out the entire Crows hierarchy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway if Carlton are advertising for a CEO and the best that they can come up with is Trigg, well, they're in more strife then I could have imagined. Or, the Carlton board are looking for a patsy that's not going to rock any boats or do anything 'courageous'. It all points to a Carlton that is going nowhere off the field, and therefore on the field as well. So, it's a good news day for the Port Adelaide Football Club.

Just saw Trigg's arrogant dismissal of criticism of his reign as coming from a minority of knockers.

A-grade ****wit who hasn't learned a thing.

Enjoy, Carlton.

Last edited:
Just saw Trigg's arrogant dismissal of criticism of his rein as coming from a minority of knockers.

Enjoy, Carlton.
Perfect match really.

Just saw Trigg's arrogant dismissal of criticism of his rein as coming from a minority of knockers.

Enjoy, Carlton.
It was funny listening to Bone not hold back in Triggs final interview on AA, it got pretty heated & he really hit a nerve on a few topics that i'm sure made the gutless ambassador feel pretty uncomfortable being in the middle of.

It's about time someone said what 'majority' of their supporters think about the assclown, they get enough people calling up saying that this was a long time coming the only thing is he took up a better offer & wasn't sacked like he should've been.

One thing is for sure they can stay the hell away from KT, cRowes got it in his head that he's the only man capable for the job & that money alone will pry him away from us. KT's a man of integrity & has a lot of unfinished plans for our club.

One thing is for sure they can stay the hell away from KT, cRowes got it in his head that he's the only man capable for the job & that money alone will pry him away from us. KT's a man of integrity & has a lot of unfinished plans for our club.

Anyone who has seen the pic of KT hauling the ice bag at family day knows he's not leaving 'til the job's done.

yeah unfortunately i caught that as well with both cRowey and Bone rabbiting on about KT

Apparently they asked Chapman earlier if he has called KT yet and Chapmans response was "We will call everyone who we think will be a great candidate for the job"

They took that as "Yes i will be calling KT" and then they both got hardons saying that Adelaide should throw everything at KT if its him they want

* off and leave KT out of it. Typical of the crows nufties though. Always want what we have

yeah unfortunately i caught that as well with both cRowey and Bone rabbiting on about KT

Apparently they asked Chapman earlier if he has called KT yet and Chapmans response was "We will call everyone who we think will be a great candidate for the job"

They took that as "Yes i will be calling KT" and then they both got hardons saying that Adelaide should throw everything at KT if its him they want

**** off and leave KT out of it. Typical of the crows nufties though. Always want what we have
Which is massively hypocritical they want him so bad now considering the last few times they've talked with KT on air they got awfully hostile & treated him like Dunc/Hayes mkII i.e just another lesser Port man to them.

It goes to show they've got no respect for our club & administration unless it gets to a point they need to swallow their pride & admit the PAFC clearly have better people involved in our club.

Their twisted way of thinking is 'they've got someone good, we can outbid them for their services because we are the AFC & we are SA' we all saw how that worked out with Burgess & Polec didn't we?

Of all outlets/public speakers KT would care to acknowledge Bone & Stupid would be on the bottom of the list, in his time at Port he's more than likely well engrained into our culture & with it the hatred of the cross town rivals.

That's all true but didn't we say the same things about Richo? I'm not saying KT will and in Richo's case it wasn't about money but nothing is a certainty.

I would love to be KT for one day just to receive a call from the Adelaide FC asking for my services. Would just relish the chance to respond. My response: "You'll find my answer on our scarf!" Never tear us apart! turn it around and you'll know that "We are port Adelaide"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back