Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't believe 'boomer' lost his head like that, not long after his team mate did a similar thing a few weeks back :\

I talk to myself quite regularly for 2 very important reasons;
1) I enjoy talking to highly intelligent people.
2) I enjoy listening to extremely intelligent people talk.
:oops:
3) Sometimes you need an expert's opinion.

Last edited:
Regardless of their guilt or otherwise, the reaction of Tingle ambassadors and employees to the suspensions this week has been deplorable

Boomer and Wells out - woohoo, back slapping and high fiving

Fyfe out - must be reviewed, only worth one week, look out Port

Effect of the suspension of Wells - he hasn't been in the team much this year so it shouldn't make that much difference.
Effect of the suspension of Harvey - his recent form hasn't been great but just knowing he's around can lift the others. And he occasionally gets them over the line, even though he may have a quiet first 3 quarters his last can make the difference.

And he can also take up a tagger who will now be able to go to someone else in form like Gibson.

Regardless of their guilt or otherwise, the reaction of Tingle ambassadors and employees to the suspensions this week has been deplorable

I'm happy to play Freeo with Fyfe. Beat the best with their best or we aren't good enough.

I'm happy to play Freeo with Fyfe. Beat the best with their best or we aren't good enough.
I agree in theory...

But no Fyfe could mean a top 4 chance.. then the following week we will actually play THE BEST team of the year to test ourselves... and still have a home final before a prelim :p

How can they review it? They already have and he now has an extra 69 carryover points. It was explained in words of one syllable why the appeal failed. The SC for Freo argued that the intent was not to contact Lewis high, the MRP said it doesn't matter a flying fart what the intent was, what matters is what happened.

How can they review it? They already have and he now has an extra 69 carryover points. It was explained in words of one syllable why the appeal failed. The SC for Freo argued that the intent was not to contact Lewis high, the MRP said it doesn't matter a flying fart what the intent was, what matters is what happened.

My intent was to have two beers but I accidently had twenty and got nicked drink driving.

Any judge in the land will make his decision based on my intent.

Surely.

I dont know what the big deal is, we'd probably do the same.

I'm stoked Freo wont have Barlow or Fyfe when they play us, they are a massive loss for them. However we've got bigger fish to fry this week. We can't even be thinking about Freo until we have beaten Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5, 12, 16, 21, 22, 33. PB - 8

I better win
IILkbwy.jpg

jesse hogan in the age says there are only four grounds on which you can appeal

An appeal to a tribunal decision can only be launched on any of four grounds: there was an error in law, the verdict was clearly unreasonable based on the evidence, the classification of the offence was "manifestly excessive", the penalty for the offence was "manifestly excessive".

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/fremantle-appeals-nat-fyfes-twomatch-suspension-20140820-106eos.html#ixzz3B01RF8nu

it's hard to see how you could argue any of the latter three, when it's two weeks for an off the ball strike to the head. there's nothing manifestly excessive or clearly unreasonable about that. maybe they'll claim an error in law - probably that it was improper for the chair to dismiss the case without sending it to the jury - and ask to be allowed to re-present their 'argument'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back