Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ad...done-on-game-day/story-fndv862c-1227162150451
Walsh said he wants the Crows’ 2015 skipper - set to be announced next month - to possess similar qualities to Port Adelaide’s inspirational Travis Boak, who has won All-Australian honours in his first two years in charge at the Power.
You wont want to read it ..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ad...done-on-game-day/story-fndv862c-1227162150451

What next is Walsh going to come out with lol
Does this guy have an original thought?

Unfortunately for us Walsh is going to mirror pretty well everything Kern has done which is only going to do well for the crows, Walsh will not have to look outside the square and they will reap the rewards of becoming a second tier us - god I miss sando already.

Eh, you can only polish a turd so much.

in other news, trustees of the Benny Hill estate have knocked back the Adelaide Camry Corporation of using the late comedians theme music, Spokesman for the Camry Corporation Nigel 'Not so' Smart said all at the franchise including the 19th man are "Absolutely gutted":eek:

Unfortunately for us Walsh is going to mirror pretty well everything Kern has done
Does this guy have an original thought?

Exactly the same thing when Alan Richardson went to St Kilda. In most of his interviews he just echoed Ken's coaching philosophies. It's like they think because they worked with Ken for 12 months they can just be Ken Mk 2.
If it works as well for Phil Walsh next year as it did for Richardson this year, I'll be a very happy little vegemite. :D

Eh, you can only polish a turd so much.
il_570xN.274025510.jpg

Caught the news tonight & something Walsh said in his presser caught my interest, "we want to be the best team in Adelaide" we've been through this debate countless times on this board & I'm pretty sure all of us along with Ken agree that our aim is to be the best club in the competition.

It's not a big slip up but it's noticeable enough to highlight that they feel that they're not the number 1 ticket in town anymore & are more concerned with being better than us instead of being the most successful club in the land.
Better than Ken Hinkley: is that even possible?????

Unfortunately for us Walsh is going to mirror pretty well everything Kern has done which is only going to do well for the crows, Walsh will not have to look outside the square and they will reap the rewards of becoming a second tier us - god I miss sando already.

While Walsh is technically brilliant, I reckon everything else that goes with the senior job will get on his goat and affect his performance, just my guess.

While Walsh is technically brilliant, I reckon everything else that goes with the senior job will get on his goat and affect his performance, just my guess.
The key will come in round 5, when Walsh goes head to head in the coach's box with the great man. Hopefully he's found wanting!!!

'There are a few things the Crows can add or tweak. Obviously they can’t copy the march'.

Actually Graham, they did try that. Unforyunately a) barely anybody showed up and b) the few who did show up found themselves in the middle of a Palestinian independence rally.

'They could hold an American-style pep-rally outside the stadium'.

HA! Oh God I hope they do.

'However, they can copy the ritual and the emotion of the song. They just have to find a good one, not that Eminem dirge that they experimented with last season. I’d start looking at the Cold Chisel and Jimmy Barnes playlists.'

HAHAHAHAHA!

Put this man in charge of the Crows pre-game entertainment please. It would be tremendous.
This from the same man who once said that The Proclaimers 500 miles would be a great song for them to run out to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can try, but it doesn't matter how good we are, it's still trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Their list is different, their off-field staff are different. Walsh talking about mirroring us (in so many words) is great. Rather than trying to find the best traits for Adelaide if they instead try to be Port 2.0 they'll be a poor imitation.

I think Walsh is trying to say that Sloane will be captain.
Yeah, reading between the lines Walsh isn't much impressed by Catboy's figjamming. Delaying the process only to give the appearance it's a close thing, but I'd say Walsh had no intention of making Catboy coach from the moment he started there.

Wow that's got to be humiliating. Walsh is basically telling his new girlfriend about all the awesome s**t his ex used to do.
Gold!

Other teams can emulate us all they want. Our philosophies and strategies work because they're individually tailored to benefit our specific set of circumstances; our supporters, our squad, our off-field setup, our history at our club.

Any club thinking they can mindlessly Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V the ingredients to our success and watch them effortlessly flourish at their club has got an education coming.

Im not sure Walsh has the relationship building skills Ken has. I can just as easily see him pissing them off and burning them out

Great photo :)

10411051_1587068928181718_7067643836622084510_n.jpg

Photo from Facebook page.....Port Adelaide Football Club Memorbillia Past & Present: referenced to Craig Charlie Palmer

Last edited:
It is until I think about how Tim, Gav, Bucky and Herb could probably still fit into their old guernseys and then wonder why it is that my clothes shrink in the wardrobe. :( ;)

Exactly the same thing when Alan Richardson went to St Kilda. In most of his interviews he just echoed Ken's coaching philosophies. It's like they think because they worked with Ken for 12 months they can just be Ken Mk 2.
If it works as well for Phil Walsh next year as it did for Richardson this year, I'll be a very happy little vegemite. :D

Maybe some or most of the philosophies at port came from Richie and Walsh in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back