Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who knows how should put up Clint Eastwood's
"well punk are you thinking has he fired 6 shots or only 5" etc, from the Dirty Harry films.

Someone who knows how should put up Clint Eastwood's
"well punk are you thinking has he fired 6 shots or only 5" etc, from the Dirty Harry films.

At half time of the Elimination Final I bumped into someone I knew, we were 69 points up at that time and we were discussing the absolute thing of beauty we had been witnessing and I said that if we kept it up we would be looking at a 120-130 point win. Richmond should be kissing our asses that we took our foot off.
Just out of interest, what has been the biggest finals thumping? I know Essendon won a preliminary final against Collingwood by 133 points - has there been a bigger one?

Have to say, all these Hawthorn fans who feel the need wherever I go with a Port shirt or cap having to chime in with I bet you think your coming for us, don't get ahead of yourselves just yet crap is doing my head in.Seriously starting to hate that club.

Have to say, all these Hawthorn fans who feel the need wherever I go with a Port shirt or cap having to chime in with I bet you think your coming for us, don't get ahead of yourselves just yet crap is doing my head in.Seriously starting to hate that club.
Hopefully they'll change their tune after we make a huge statement on Anzac Day!!!

They are pretty cocky and I guess after back to back Premiers they deserve to be, but for all their bluster, we beat them in Adelaide by 14 points but were assisted by them having some injuries and we lost to them in Melbourne by 3 points when they were assisted by our poor kicking and umpire Stevic. Deep down I know we worry them.

Hopefully end their crap on the 1st weekend of October as well as Anzac Day.
That's assuming they're playing. Just because a team has won back to back flags, it doesn't give them any guarantees for the third year. Where did the Crows finish in 1999 - 13th?

It still amuses me that they mocked our first trip to Dubai, and now suddenly they're off to Dubai at the end of the year.

It really is standard fare for them.

- mocks Port for going to Dubai
- goes to Dubai

- mocks heat training
- does heat training

- claims Port is tarnishing the AFL brand
- tarnishes the AFL brand

- complain about clubs openly targeting Dangerfield
- openly targets Aish

the list goes on and on...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really is standard fare for them.

- mocks Port for going to Dubai
- goes to Dubai

- mocks heat training
- does heat training

- claims Port is tarnishing the AFL brand
- tarnishes the AFL brand

- complain about clubs openly targeting Dangerfield
- openly targets Aish

the list goes on and on...

Seems like the Crows are well on their way to starting their own political party. They seem to have all the necessary prerequisites in place.

I've always found Hawthorn fans quite humble and down to earth considering their recent successes
To be fair, they were nothing like Richmond fans during last year's finals. Most Hawks fans were most complimentary of Port: especially after the preliminary final. Maybe they were just relieved we couldn't kick that final goal.

Most of em are I've found, my father is one even though he played for Port in the 70's.I live in WA so ya get the WA mixed in with the Hawthorn stuff and that explains it.
I live in WA as well :)

I went to the 2013 GF as a Fremantle fan, and the Hawthorn supporters were incredible after the game, all very sympathetic and even apologising, despite the fact they were still basking in the warm glow of a premiership just 15 minutes earlier.

I found the same thing after last years Prelim.

I went to the 2013 GF as a Fremantle fan, and the Hawthorn supporters were incredible after the game, all very sympathetic and even apologising, despite the fact they were still basking in the warm glow of a premiership just 15 minutes earlier.

There's one arrogant utensil head hawks supporter who seems to ring 6PR every day who spoils it for the more reasonable ones.

They are pretty cocky and I guess after back to back Premiers they deserve to be, but for all their bluster, we beat them in Adelaide by 14 points but were assisted by them having some injuries and we lost to them in Melbourne by 3 points when they were assisted by our poor kicking and umpire Stevic. Deep down I know we worry them.

What I think is that after we beat them in Round 10, all we heard about was the 17 injuries they had that night, we were dared to play them full-strength at the MCG. We did, and well, the end result of that Preliminary Final shows that the gap between Port and Hawthorn is not so big after all.

I've always found Hawthorn fans quite humble and down to earth considering their recent successes
After the prelim...Hawks fans are now fourth on my most hated AFL fans list.

Are you involved in the WA Cheersquad over here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back