Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit, I deeply wanted to hate every Hawthorn fan as I walked out of the MCG after that Prelim. But the bastards were so ******* nice and gracious in victory it was ridiculous.

Yeah, bastards! Even had some catchy chants where we were sitting at the Punt Rd end. Got very tired though by the end of hearing "All you need is Rough, da da da da" to the tune of "All you need is love" by the Beatles.

Ah yes the famous three peat that we should have at at least one of.

It's Bowen Lockwood's fault (or whoever crashed into his back at training) - he couldabeen the equal of Tredders and then Brisbane would have become the Northern Kangaroos and the Crows licence would have been handed to Norwood. Ah well, sliding doors...

It's Bowen Lockwood's fault (or whoever crashed into his back at training) - he couldabeen the equal of Tredders and then Brisbane would have become the Northern Kangaroos and the Crows licence would have been handed to Norwood. Ah well, sliding doors...
I did see an article on Bowen a few years back about his daily struggles with his back.I wonder how he is getting on now.It seemed the club had wiped him although it wasn't really the clubs fault.The AFLPA look after ex players better today.I hope they helped out Bowen a bit.

At the end of the day they are about to go for a three peat , nothing to loose everything to gain.

I'd like US to be in their shoes.

Not having a go but I just can't agree with this philosophy. There's only one premiership a year.

Ask yourself this. If we'd won two in a row would you feel we had nothing to lose heading in to another GF?

Not me. I want to win.

Always.

I must admit, I deeply wanted to hate every Hawthorn fan as I walked out of the MCG after that Prelim. But the bastards were so ******* nice and gracious in victory it was ridiculous.

Ones who actually get out and go to games are usually more than reasonable. It's the BigFooty/Facebook types who are the blurst.

I don't care how nice they are this year - given the same circumstances, I want a different result. If Port finishes a kick short of a grand final again, I'll kick my cat so hard, I'll be in trouble with the RSPCA.....
I wanted to like this post up until the poor cat … I can't be a party to that

I don't care how nice they are this year - given the same circumstances, I want a different result. If Port finishes a kick short of a grand final again, I'll kick my cat so hard, I'll be in trouble with the RSPCA.....
I love my cats and I'd never hurt them.
But if we lose by a kick can I come over and kick YOUR cat too?

Not having a go but I just can't agree with this philosophy. There's only one premiership a year.

Ask yourself this. If we'd won two in a row would you feel we had nothing to lose heading in to another GF?

Not me. I want to win.

Always.

If we had just gone back to back and didn't make the GF the following year I'd be disappointed , but still very proud and satisfied at what we had achived.

Winning is about the journey, if that didn't have losses along the way then I don't think it's as sweet.

West Coast weren't formed out of spite to deny Fremantle entry to the AFL. They got in first, so like the Crows here they captured the waiting market on those ready for 'the big league'. Of course they'd be rivals, but there hasn't been the off-field animosity we have here to drive it to sometimes idiotic heights.

As an outsider reading non-WA fans views on them the Eagles are like the Crows (if not worse :eek: ) in regards to having captured those fans who know nothing about football and demand the most inane frees in home games, or boo legitimate ones for the opposition. Strangely Sydney and Brisbane in capturing (albeit smaller numbers) of fans in their respective states first up don't seem to have so many nuff-nuff's. It must be the unique combination of coming from a football state and having just that smidge of football knowledge to think you know it all, when you just know that tiny bit.

This is my view of West Coast and Fremantle fans. I've lived in Perth for 20 years now (moving home to Adelaide this year yay) and West Coast and Freo fans are the ones I dislike most behind Crows. For West Coast fans to constantly claim umpring lost them games when they are so obviously favourites of the maggots (Priddis is a Brownlow medalisto_O). I was in Thailand for a wedding when we played West Coast early 2013 and a friend explained to me that they would not lose another game for the year once they got Natinui back??? FFS!!!

I constantly get told by Freo supporters that they should have had that final iced by 1/4 time. Iced? Really? How? "we just kept kicking points, they should have been goals and you guys would have rolled over" Ahhh ok, so you know nothing about the PAFC under Ken Hinkley. Then I explain to them that we had more scoring shots by the end of the game and that only 2 of the points in they kicked in the 1st half were kicked from set shots, the rest were snaps under extreme pressure and that Freo are not known for finesse. "Oh the umpires let Gray have 2 shots on goal coz he missed the 1st"

* I caqn't wait to move home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love my cats and I'd never hurt them.
But if we lose by a kick can I come over and kick YOUR cat too?
People, people there's a cat friendly solution here. If we're a kick short we all go around and kick Catboy - whilst his cat watches.
Coincidentally if we win we should all go round and kick Catboy, whilst his cat watches, to celebrate.

#bekindtocats

People, people there's a cat friendly solution here. If we're a kick short we all go around and kick Catboy - whilst his cat watches.
Coincidentally if we win we should all go round and kick Catboy, whilst his cat watches, to celebrate.

#bekindtocats
Why on earth would we do that?!,

By the time we are either celebrating or crying he would of already announced his departure and be packing his bags for one of the VIC clubs, once he screws the Crows over I have no further problem with him.

This is my view of West Coast and Fremantle fans. I've lived in Perth for 20 years now (moving home to Adelaide this year yay) and West Coast and Freo fans are the ones I dislike most behind Crows. For West Coast fans to constantly claim umpring lost them games when they are so obviously favourites of the maggots (Priddis is a Brownlow medalisto_O). I was in Thailand for a wedding when we played West Coast early 2013 and a friend explained to me that they would not lose another game for the year once they got Natinui back??? FFS!!!

I constantly get told by Freo supporters that they should have had that final iced by 1/4 time. Iced? Really? How? "we just kept kicking points, they should have been goals and you guys would have rolled over" Ahhh ok, so you know nothing about the PAFC under Ken Hinkley. Then I explain to them that we had more scoring shots by the end of the game and that only 2 of the points in they kicked in the 1st half were kicked from set shots, the rest were snaps under extreme pressure and that Freo are not known for finesse. "Oh the umpires let Gray have 2 shots on goal coz he missed the 1st"

**** I caqn't wait to move home

Their "surge" was in the second quarter, and it wasn't like they were alone in kicking points. Gray and Schulz missed pretty gettable goals - Schulz missed from 30 out on a slight angle.

Three times Walters kicked a point, and three times it was because it was bouncing the wrong way. When you rely on the bounce, you're not in control.

The facts are that they were all over us but because of Hinkley's defence first mantra, we could absorb their punches.

I can't wait for Round 1.

And if PORT had taken advantage of their dominance in quarter one of round 23 (13-4 Inside 50's at one stage) and having finished with 2 more scoring shots and 14 more inside 50's the final would have been at AO anyway (unless we had beaten the Swans in which case we'd probably have been in the GF). The kick like s**t evened out, but they leave that part out all the time.

The umpire let Robbie have another kick because he had blown time off to set the mark bring Robbie around and get the Freo players away.

The umpire let Robbie have another kick because he had blown time off to set the mark bring Robbie around and get the Freo players away.

And the same thing happened in the 07 QF, except Warren kicked them both.

If we had just gone back to back and didn't make the GF the following year I'd be disappointed , but still very proud and satisfied at what we had achived.

Winning is about the journey, if that didn't have losses along the way then I don't think it's as sweet.

Of course, I would feel the same in hindsight.

Prior to the event though, there's no way I'd be going into ANY GF thinking I had "nothing to lose".

And if PORT had taken advantage of their dominance in quarter one of round 23 (13-4 Inside 50's at one stage) and having finished with 2 more scoring shots and 14 more inside 50's the final would have been at AO anyway (unless we had beaten the Swans in which case we'd probably have been in the GF). The kick like s**t evened out, but they leave that part out all the time.
Maybe Fremantle fans are also frustrated because they realise their premiership window is now pretty much shut. They're a good side, but do they still have the class to go all the way? I have grave doubts about that.

I think we can post it again. Yeah, why not.

oItmL33.png

Surely we can't let this one die...
#19thcustomer
serving.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back