Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better get the umps to keep an eye on them, they might pick up his teams tactic of deflating the match balls.
Shhhhh...we have some very riled up nutter Pats fans frequenting the NFL board...they will be 'all up in your grill' if you say that!

Shhhhh...we have some very riled up nutter Pats fans frequenting the NFL board...they will be 'all up in your grill' if you say that!

Meh, hate all you like brah. The Colts were torched worse with the regulation balls. *blows kisses*

Meh, hate all you like brah. The Colts were torched worse with the regulation balls. *blows kisses*
We have some 'decent' Pats fans around, but this seems to have unearthed some crazies! As for Colts and torching...meh, I am a Raiders fan, I dont usually pay much attention to the post season.

Yeah i still dont rate it...i think its full of padded stats

It'll get Redden and Rich back from injury, while adding Beams, Robinson and Christiansen.

Then there's Rockliff, Aish, Taylor, Hanley, Martin, Zorko and Lester.

It's got a ways to bed in and whatnot, but that's an incredibly deep pool of talent.

We have some 'decent' Pats fans around, but this seems to have unearthed some crazies! As for Colts and torching...meh, I am a Raiders fan, I dont usually pay much attention to the post season.

As with Spygate, I have no doubt conventions were bent/broken, but if the frothing anti-Pats collective believe Belichick was the only one in that era filming signals or Brady is the only one that prefers ball pressure outside the normal range (Rodgers has previously admitted he likes them over), they're kidding themselves.

As with Spygate, I have no doubt conventions were bent/broken, but if the frothing anti-Pats collective believe Belichick was the only one in that era filming signals or Brady is the only one that prefers ball pressure outside the normal range (Rodgers has previously admitted he likes them over), they're kidding themselves.
Agreed. But in isolation, this is all very odd and points to some kind of tampering with the balls. Who knows what will happen...Joe the Camerman may take the fall, at the end of the day it did not affect the result of that game, but it is a little smelly.

Update on deflategate.

B8eY9jcCAAA0uuR.jpg:large

It'll get Redden and Rich back from injury, while adding Beams, Robinson and Christiansen.

It's got a ways to bed in and whatnot, but that's an incredibly deep pool of talent.

Pretty much this. I feel that the reason Brisbane are getting pumped at the moment comes from an absolute s**t house defense - I'd rank it bottom 3 in the league. Start working on that and they'll jump up the ladder significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe their reputation proceeds their output for the moment..

You're right, but every man and his dog would've said that about our midfield group which was big on potential and low on output in the lead-up to 2013.

If Leppitsch can't get upper-end output out of that group he'll find himself knifed quicker than Voss.

I really agree with you here mate. Zorko, Lester are actually not that flash. Do not even consider putting Robinson in that list, he is horrendous. Taylor and Aish are decent, but only for their age. They are still a good 2-3 years from solid top tier footy.

Christiansen and Rich and just B+ players, nothing that flash. Christiansen was very inflated by the superstar cats around him.

Then you compare the Redden, Beams, Rockliff and Hanley against the top tier talent of a number of teams and it doesn't actually stand up well.

Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow, Neale, Hill
Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Lewis, Hill
Boak, Hartlett, Wines, Ebert, Wingard, Cornes
Jack, JPK, McVeigh, Parker, Hannebery
Selwood, Johnson, Duncan
Dangerfield, Sloane, Douglas, Thompson
Heppell, Watson, Goddard, Zaharakis.

There may be a couple of others, but I think you get the point. Their top tier midfield talent is still lacking behind the better teams. You put any of those 4 against the teams listed above and they aren't on the same game breaking level.

Brisbane have markedly improved their engine room. They should certainly be in the mix for a top 8 spot or at least finish higher than they have in the last 5 years.

Pretty much this. I feel that the reason Brisbane are getting pumped at the moment comes from an absolute s**t house defense - I'd rank it bottom 3 in the league. Start working on that and they'll jump up the ladder significantly.
We still wouldn't want to take our trip to the Gabba (round 7?) lightly. Our best should be comfortably good enough: hopefully Kenny will have the boys switched on from the first bounce!!!

You're right, but every man and his dog would've said that about our midfield group which was big on potential and low on output in the lead-up to 2013.

If Leppitsch can't get upper-end output out of that group he'll find himself knifed quicker than Voss.
you are crazy if you think we had any reputation before 2013....let alone the reputation the brisbane mids have....our circumstance is a bad example as we are not the norm of talent and development

if i closed my eyes and no names were mentioned ....all I had were the descriptive words used ....i would of thought people were talking about voss, black, akermanis, lappin, hart, white and the scott brothers...

you are crazy if you think we had any reputation before 2013....let alone the reputation the brisbane mids have....our circumstance is a bad example as we are not the norm of talent and development

if i closed my eyes and no names were mentioned ....all I had were the descriptive words used ....i would of thought people were talking about voss, black, akermanis, lappin, hart, white and the scott brothers...

Given you thought BMT was the **** I'm not sure which way to argue this from here. I'll get back to you m8

Given you thought BMT was the **** I'm not sure which way to argue this from here. I'll get back to you m8
lol..... how many people on here have a love or stick up for players that everyone hates....

You had one ...in nick lower...actually you manged to convice this board he was half way decent...though i aint surprised

lol..... how many people on here have a love or stick up for players that everyone hates....

You had one ...in nick lower...actually you manged to convice this board he was half way decent...though i aint surprised

Lower was a gem, it wasn't his fault we stunted his development by playing a cavalcade of recycled shpuds ahead of him.

#lowerbiden16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back