Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never, the worst loss in a VFL/AFL history is all yours to keep,

Anyway i believe we will be in a position to win a flag in about 3 years time.

A wise man once said Port will win their third before the Crows do.

I'm inclined to believe him.

Never, the worst loss in a VFL/AFL history is all yours to keep,

Anyway i believe we will be in a position to win a flag in about 3 years time.
Crows fans seem to be oblivious to the fact that they lost Tippet for nothing and were essentially out of the draft for two years. Surely that will effect how they go in the coming years. Agree 30 is more likely.

The best bit of us possibly winning a premiership in the next few years will be that the 07 GF loss will be the statistical point that lifts us above the Crows on the AFL Flag ladder. It's not really that important, but the irony of "119" becoming the difference between the two clubs would be incredibly sweet and delicious.

The greater irony will be that we are 'younger' than them.

Don't forget everyone to plebs like Noddy 2007 was their 3rd premiership
Unless he has multiple accounts neither noddy nor most, not all but most, AFC posters have done more than some occasional light hearted ribbing about 119. We would have done the same.

Anyway enough about 2007 as that was a long tine ago and for mine apart from that one blemish at least we made the GF.
The subsequent years, and the fact that we had developed very few players with the right amount of experience to replace the ones that were always going to retire is another debate altogether.

Unless he has multiple accounts neither noddy nor most, not all but most, AFC posters have done more than some occasional light hearted ribbing about 119. We would have done the same.

Anyway enough about 2007 as that was a long tine ago and for mine apart from that one blemish at least we made the GF.
The subsequent years, and the fact that we had developed very few players with the right amount of experience to replace the ones that were always going to retire is another debate altogether.
Don't care he can do it on the Adelaide board he's fair game if he starts up here

Some websites/posting boards are really good value, but once they become too insular they tend to go backwards really really fast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say all the team boards here are insular to a degree you only last as a regular opposition poster if you constantly kiss ass
If by kissing arse you mean not going over the top disrespect wise you're right, that's part of the reason we have mods, if you mean posting only positives you're wrong but it certainly is going down that path and eventually it will get there and it will go from BF to FB.

Without naming the poster, but a friend of mine received two warning PM's recently from crows board mods for saying in here, on the Port Board, that Talia is a cheat. And we're accused of over reacting....

Talia is a cheat. Not Daniel Talia, though.

33c20yf.jpg

Without naming the poster, but a friend of mine received two warning PM's recently from crows board mods for saying in here, on the Port Board, that Talia is a cheat. And we're accused of over reacting....
I
I have posted on their page that Talia is Silvagni MKII and certainly didn't get banned nor warned.

Although I will also say that getting away with it is a skill in itself and one I hope Hombsch learns. Jonas is probably our best at it atm but not quite up to Talia's standard.

Is it cheating? Yeah nah.

If by kissing arse you mean not going over the top disrespect wise you're right, that's part of the reason we have mods, if you mean posting only positives you're wrong but it certainly is going down that path and eventually it will get there and it will go from BF to FB.

To be fair, if I were to post on another team's board, the only reason I would do so is to post something in a positive manner.

I see nothing could be gained from posting anything negative.

To be fair, if I were to post on another team's board, the only reason I would do so is to post something in a positive manner.

I see nothing could be gained from posting anything negative.
Personally I don't mind reading someone else's perspective of a game as we can all view game with teal coloured lenses at times irrespective of it being positive or a negative point of view, as ling as its a proper opinion and not a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back