Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weren't Brisbane going to be the big improvers this year?

Oh and Heeney kicked 4. Now he's going to go and win Bell's.

Funny how Adelaide supporters now seem to object to some of Bernie Vince's actions.

Dangerfield clearly one of his best mates.

10gy3aw.png

I called Brisbane still being s**t 2 months ago, and was mocked for it.

I am no expert, but a broken clock is right twice a day, and I was right about that!

Hawthorn still worried by us, their posters still all over us in bay 13. Just gotta take it to them next week like we know we can.
Maybe Hawks fans should concentrate on beating a much improved Dogs team, before they start worrying about us.

Maybe Hawks fans should concentrate on beating a much improved Dogs team, before they start worrying about us.
Do Hawthorn have a couple of late outs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am no expert, but a broken clock is right twice a day, and I was right about that!

Can't remember if I mocked you, but certainly put my hand up as being one who thought Brisbane would continue to build on their good finish to last season especially with their imports over summer.

The Giants are looking like they could be a team that surprises this year and may even make the eight. They outscored the Swans 9 goals to 6 in the second half, scored 13 straight goals against Melbourne and as a team that finished in the lower reaches of the ladder last year they have an easy draw. They also beat Sydney by 63 points in the NEAFL.
Sure, they have only beaten St Kilda and Melbourne and St Kilda have been beaten easily by Collingwood. But St Kilda had a target in Nick Riewoldt when they played the Giants and were missing him when they played Collingwood. It was obvious the difference he makes as their moves forward lacked direction without him.
Last year they were also 2-1 after 3 rounds before starting a 0-8 run. Although this time they do look a bit better and less likely to sink into that chasm. There are still hard games but this year 6-5 after 11 games looks a lot more achievable, and with some of the football they have shown, if they can keep it up over the whole year they will beat some finals contenders.

Can't remember if I mocked you, but certainly put my hand up as being one who thought Brisbane would continue to build on their good finish to last season especially with their imports over summer.
Injuries and depth will hurt most teams and some more than others.

Brisbane minus Rockliff and Hanely are getting pantsed on a weekly basis?

You don't happen to have Monday's lotto numbers?

Rockliff is prolific but he's not Boak or Gray. He's an accumulator but he's nowhere near as damaging.

This one's for you, Graham (and Mrs Symes)

Link

Former Fremantle Dockers defender Andrew McGovern says he’ll support son Jeremy’s West Coast in the derby

756388-48f57a18-e3f6-11e4-94b6-82ca2df23a80.jpg

IT’S a significant day for the state’s most divided Western Derby family, with former Fremantle defender Andrew McGovern saying he’ll barrack for West Coast against the Dockers for the first time.

McGovern Sr has good reason to switch allegiances, with his son Jeremy having established himself as a key player for the Eagles.

“It’s been tough. Last year it was Jeremy’s first derby and I was hoping he’d do really well, but still barracking for Fremantle,’’ he said.

“But I think this year I’ll be going for the Eagles. A wise man said to me that blood is thicker than water, so you’ve got to go with your family.’’

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back