Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Blease retiring that's 4 off their senior list already. They'll probably trade their first rounder for a 2 picks as they're gonna have a fair few spots to fill. May be an opportunity for us to get back into R1.
Can I get in the Moore + steak knives for their first in before anyone else? o_O

So, I'm sure every AFL supporter is sick to death of hearing it in the media. The coverage is getting worse than the Essendon scandal was.
Well that's not his fault whatsoever. Our glorious leader as you mentioned took about as long to make his decision too. Dangerfield, like Boak, is making a significant decision about his future. It would be ridiculous if he had decided to publicly let it be known that he was leaving, especially with his team preparing for finals.

But yeah, it's all about him wanting attention. Take your blinkers off..

Well that's not his fault whatsoever. Our glorious leader as you mentioned took about as long to make his decision too. Dangerfield, like Boak, is making a significant decision about his future. It would be ridiculous if he had decided to publicly let it be known that he was leaving, especially with his team preparing for finals.

But yeah, it's all about him wanting attention. Take your blinkers off..
If you read my post I talk about Boak too. Put your glasses on.

So, I'm sure every AFL supporter is sick to death of hearing it in the media. The coverage is getting worse than the Essendon scandal was.

And your response to this is to continue to perpetuate it in a form of media. Do you see the incongruity? Seriously who gives a s**t what Patty is going to do? It doesn't affect us and it's not like he's the only player who has left a club for more $$$ or to set himself up financially.

Just heard Darcy say that Luke Beveridge made 6 changes after a 6 day break from Perth for game against North at Docklands. Great gutsy selection planning. Pity our selection committee didnt have the guts to do it once or twice this year.

Gerard Healy's off the chain. On The Couch pointing out that between rounds 16-22 Adelaide are the highest scoring team in the competition. That's premiership scoring power!

171 versus Essendon
131 versus Brisbane
125 versus Gold Coast
116 versus Port Adelaide

#analysis

Gerard Healy's off the chain. On The Couch pointing out that between rounds 16-22 Adelaide are the highest scoring team in the competition. That's premiership scoring power!

171 versus Essendon
131 versus Brisbane
125 versus Gold Coast
116 versus Port Adelaide

#analysis
They are still running on adrenaline and confidence and no injuries. Shame we're one of the four mentioned here, but they only beat us by 4 points anyway. The Walsh press in action? Teams will study them well over the off season.

171 versus Essendon
131 versus Brisbane
125 versus Gold Coast
116 versus Port Adelaide

#analysis

In 2009 they beat Essendon by 96 points in their first final and went on to win again in round 7 2010.

171 versus Essendon
131 versus Brisbane
125 versus Gold Coast
116 versus Port Adelaide

#analysis
Yes we played 4 very average sides in that period but west coast and Richmond are 2nd and 5th don't forget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every year teams lose a few around now and get written off.

WC draw with GC and get flogged by the crows away around games against the top 4 and bulldogs
Hawks play big games against richmond, WC and Geelong then fall over against us
Freo have been a shambles since about round 11 but still winning most of the time
Sydney got smashed by Geelong and WC but seem to be getting some form back on a flatter track

I'd still have those 4 as favorites as they have been concentrating on finals from a fair way out.

Time of year where teams also fox especially against teams they may meet in the finals. Could west coast have done something different sunday at the start? Maybe but they would save it for the finals like we pulled out some structures in last years finals series we didnt use in the lead up.

I don't reckon. I reckon they might go out the first week. Richmond at the MCG I honestly think would be more difficult.

After what we did to them last year Hardwick will make sure they bring Hawthorn levels of anti-social football. If they do play Adelaide I expect they will look back at the hiding they copped at Adelaide Oval (last year from us and this year from Adelaide) and the chance for payback.

Just heard Darcy say that Luke Beveridge made 6 changes after a 6 day break from Perth for game against North at Docklands. Great gutsy selection planning. Pity our selection committee didnt have the guts to do it once or twice this year.

Grass is always greener from your side of the fence isn't it.

You'd have to be slightly concerned by your form away from home against top 8 sides. Two games ('scray and Sydney) for two thumpings. Although you have built confidence.
I agree with this. Our away form has been concerning against the better sides, but I feel we have significantly improved since then, and assuming we put in a good performance against the Cats this week should take confidence into week 1 after the last 6 weeks or so and who knows what can happen., especially if we can snag a home final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back