Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Melbourne's plans would be to keep him, and if he still wanted out, trade him next year.

Just because it hasn't been done, doesn't mean it won't happen.

I think we are trying to be fair with our trades. I think if Geelong offered a 1st rd pick and a player, crow's would be stupid to knock it back. If they offered anything less, it will probably get very messy

There is also the AFLPA to be considered, I doubt they would look favourably on a player being used as a trading pawn and they would probably pressure the AFL into not approving such a deal. Regardless of the rules the AFL has to sanction every deal and Melbourne might get Dangerfield for twelve months but on trading him for what he is worth may not be that simple. I doubt we will ever know because like you I think Dangerfield will go to Geelong for a first round pick and possibly a player.

Although he did say after they lost to us in round 21 that he couldn't understand how a team as talented as Port could be 10-10. I reckon the Hawks respect us more than most other teams - with good reason.

Then this week he said they only lost as they weren't focused because of Cooper Ratten that week.

There is also the AFLPA to be considered, I doubt they would look favourably on a player being used as a trading pawn and they would probably pressure the AFL into not approving such a deal. Regardless of the rules the AFL has to sanction every deal and Melbourne might get Dangerfield for twelve months but on trading him for what he is worth may not be that simple. I doubt we will ever know because like you I think Dangerfield will go to Geelong for a first round pick and possibly a player.

The report I heard (addmittedly it was roo and ditts), was Melb were prepared to pay 10 mil for 6 years. If he's in the draft, he's in the draft. It's not up to the AFLPA to make sure Geeling get their man

Then this week he said they only lost as they weren't focused because of Cooper Ratten that week.
Did he just? And what excuse will he give when we knock the Hawks out of the finals next year?

And I loved your club for taking that stance and look what happened in 2004!

Let's hope that doesn't happen for them. It won't, of that I'm supremely confident. Premiership Window. They are quite delusional. It's quite funny reading them pissing their pants over the Dangerfield trade. For all their shaky bravado, they really need to be pragmatic and set themselves up for 3 years time. Premiership Window. If they actually believe that, Fagan has done zero to change the culture of that club.

Just thinking about it a bit more, the Crows with Dangerfield were probably 3 very good players away from a premiership. Reckon now, without Dangerfield and the imminent retirement of Thomson, they are 5 very good players away from a premiership. They need to be planning for an assault on the flag in 2018-19, not 2016. They need to find another key defender, a better 2nd key forward and atleast 3 A/B grade mid fielders. The rest of their current A graders should still be around (provided they don't ask to be traded). Throw in a newbie coach and talk of Premierships in 2016 is a pipe dream.

How's that whole GWS thing working out? Every time there's a new trade rumour it's about another one of their players wanting to leave. Stephen Silvagni in particular seems to think they are his personal feeder club.

"I don't like losing games of footy, but we lost a game against Port Adelaide (in round 21) on the back of Ratts' young feller getting killed in a car accident.

"I know we didn't turn up to play that day because these guys really felt [that impact]."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon the effect of bad things happening to other people on you can be over stated.

It's a free hit. Win, and it's against all odds and you did it for that person. Lose, and you can blame that event as the reason why you lost.

How else could Clarkson explain why a team without its two key backs, its best inside mid, its best run and carry player and its best tagger could win pretty easily when everyone was expecting them to win by 10 goals?

How's that whole GWS thing working out? Every time there's a new trade rumour it's about another one of their players wanting to leave. Stephen Silvagni in particular seems to think they are his personal feeder club.

If they don't win a premiership or two during the lifespan of their start-up squad they will struggle big time. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are relocated to Canberra within 10 years.

Do the crows have a coach yet? What's going on there? Could they have had too many eggs in the Worsfold basket?

It will be Don Pyke because it's ok for them to approach an assistant coach who is involved in finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back