Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy **** you are an angry little man/girl. I am so glad l have nothing to do with your team if this is how you guys act to a legend of the AFL. You are eembarrassing yourself and this forum about how you are talking. Before you start blabberring on about where we are in relation to you etc etc just remember that you were s**t the year before last and it can come crashing down again. We have decided to go through the youth policy so it will take a bit of time but you need to show a little respect to JB.

Thanks for Polec.

Holy **** you are an angry little man/girl. I am so glad l have nothing to do with your team if this is how you guys act to a legend of the AFL. You are eembarrassing yourself and this forum about how you are talking. Before you start blabberring on about where we are in relation to you etc etc just remember that you were s**t the year before last and it can come crashing down again. We have decided to go through the youth policy so it will take a bit of time but you need to show a little respect to JB.
He was like King Kong with all the aeroplanes buzzing around him last week. All he could do was stand there and helplessly watch them fly past, and his only recourse was to swat one or two of them down. He has been a serial sniper that way for most of his career - I recall in the early 2000's, at the beginning of his career, he got reported in a pre-season game at Football Park for a dog act on Chad Cornes(?)

Jonathon Brown:
AFL Mark of the Year

All Australian
2007, 2009

Coleman Medal

AFLPA Best Captain
2007, 2009

AFLPA Most Courageous Player
2007, 2008, 2011

AFLPA MVP Runner-up

All Australian Preliminary Squad

CLUB AWARDS
Lions Premiership Player
2001, 2002, 2003

Lions Most Improved Player

Lions Most Professional Player
2005, 2009

Lions Best Clubman

Lions Team of the Decade Member

Lions Best Forward
2007, 2008

Lions Club Champion
2007, 2008, 2009

Lions Most Courageous Player
2007, 2010

Lions Leading Goal-Kicker
2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013

Lions Co-Captain
2007-2008, 2013

Lions Members Player of the Year
2009, 2010

Lions Captain
2009-2012

Lions Life Member

3rd Lions Club Champion

Lions Pre-Season Premiership Player2013

OTHER AWARDS
Sands of Gallipoli Medal
2004, 2006, 2007

The Courier Mail Player of the Year
2005, 2007

Hall of Fame Tribute Match Representative (Victorian Captain)

Marcus Ashcroft Medal2013

You can have him, looks like a good player and plays silky but it shows in your games that when the team isnt playing well he goes missing, he pops up when you are playing well. He also doesnt run hard defensively.

He has actually been the catalyst to start the team playing well. Case in point last quarter in round one v Carlton, first quarter in round two v Adelaide. Hardly a front runner.

Brown WAS a very good player. That mark against Hawthorn (MCG?), where he ran back into the pack, knowing he was going to cop a huge hit, was one of the gutsiest acts I've seen on a footy field. But whether it's age catching up with him, or the fact he's playing in a crap team (or both), I'm not sure. This has to be his last year of football - unfortunately the game has passed him by.

Brown WAS a very good player. That mark against Hawthorn (MCG?), where he ran back into the pack, knowing he was going to cop a huge hit, was one of the gutsiest acts I've seen on a footy field. But whether it's age catching up with him, or the fact he's playing in a crap team (or both), I'm not sure. This has to be his last year of football - unfortunately the game has passed him by.
No one is disputing the fact that his days are behind him. I rekon it is a bit of both, we are gicing him woeful passes into the forward line, if he were playing in hawthorn l rekon he would get a ton more goals. Yeah l would say this is his last year.

Getting desperate already, blindly naming meaningless accolades - wow, he made the All Australian squad of 40! That's some legend you have there. Pre season premiership player! Can't be a legend without one of those under your belt. He finished 3rd in your Best and Fairest in 2010? Well, that certainly isn't fluff to help with your already shitty argument.

For a so-called 'legendary' forward, he only has one Coleman as a KPF and two All-Australians. His status is blown astronomically out of preportion by the media, and in the club's premiership winning days he was nothing but a bit-part player in the team.

Legend of the AFL?

Two good years qualifies you as a legend of the AFL now?

Not even top 5 in his position post Carey. Barely top 10.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Getting desperate already, blindly naming meaningless accolades - wow, he made the All Australian squad of 40! That's some legend you have there. Pre season premiership player! Can't be a legend without one of those under your belt. He finished 3rd in your Best and Fairest in 2010? Well, that certainly isn't fluff to help with your already shitty argument.

For a so-called 'legendary' forward, he only has one Coleman as a KPF and two All-Australians. His status is blown astronomically out of preportion by the media, and in the club's premiership winning days he was nothing but a bit-part player in the team.

Cut him some slack. He just copied and pasted Brown's Wiki page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's right. Brown is the most over-rated, over-hyped footballer of the past half century. "Legends of the AFL" usually achieve more than 2 All-Australian honours in their career too.

"But...but....he's such a good, down to earth bloke!!!"
Credit where credit is due ... Brownie was a great player, and would have been picked in any side. Also, foul-language diatribe is NOT ok just because it is posted by a Port poster on a Port board!! I and I am sure many other Port posters find it offensive! I apologies on behalf of all decent and fair Port people who frequent here!

Brown was both wrong and spewing a severe case of sour grapes 10 years after the event, just as his former coach did in his book. Brown's words on this subject deserve nothing but ridicule and have nothing to do with his on field record whatsoever.

You may not realize it but one thing that annoys us about Brown is how he is continually overrated by Vic media, relative to other champion KPF from around the country before and since. How his poor tribunal record is brushed over or spoken of in euphemisms by his adorers in the vic media, where a few one-off on field gestures from two other great KPF are always recalled as 'arrogance' by the same media hypocrites. Fair point though, it isn't Browns fault that clowns in the media are ... brown-nosing.

lol, he was only the start of his career when he played those years so obviously he is not going to be an 70/80 goal season for him. Actually the media would be the direct opposite for us, the media dont post an artice about us unless we are in a chasm of doom or whatever, he would be massive if he were playing for Collingwood or one of the premier clubs. But l see you guys arent going to change your stubborn little minds. I guess you would be upset the fact that our little old brown was better that Tredea.
Bye bye sulky port fans :)

Jonathon Brown:
AFL Mark of the Year

All Australian
2007, 2009

Coleman Medal

AFLPA Best Captain
2007, 2009

AFLPA Most Courageous Player
2007, 2008, 2011

AFLPA MVP Runner-up

All Australian Preliminary Squad

CLUB AWARDS
Lions Premiership Player
2001, 2002, 2003

Lions Most Improved Player

Lions Most Professional Player
2005, 2009

Lions Best Clubman

Lions Team of the Decade Member

Lions Best Forward
2007, 2008

Lions Club Champion
2007, 2008, 2009

Lions Most Courageous Player
2007, 2010

Lions Leading Goal-Kicker
2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013

Lions Co-Captain
2007-2008, 2013

Lions Members Player of the Year
2009, 2010

Lions Captain
2009-2012

Lions Life Member

3rd Lions Club Champion

Lions Pre-Season Premiership Player2013

OTHER AWARDS
Sands of Gallipoli Medal
2004, 2006, 2007

The Courier Mail Player of the Year
2005, 2007

Hall of Fame Tribute Match Representative (Victorian Captain)

Marcus Ashcroft Medal2013
How many games has he missed due to suspension?

A truly inspirational post. JB is such a legend of the game... No, actually, a legend of Australia. How dare anyone ever have a differing opinion about him on a football discussion forum. Shame on you, Poort scum.

lol, he was only the start of his career when he played those years so obviously he is not going to be an 70/80 goal season for him. Actually the media would be the direct opposite for us, the media dont post an artice about us unless we are in a chasm of doom or whatever, he would be massive if he were playing for Collingwood or one of the premier clubs. But l see you guys arent going to change your stubborn little minds. I guess you would be upset the fact that our little old brown was better that Tredea.
Take the brions tinted glasses off.

Brown is fellated by the Vic media, has been his whole career. Your point about Brisbane only getting written about when they're down in the dumps probably only applies to the last couple of years, and has nothing to do with Brown, other than the fact that the constant jerking off of his overblown status has rightfully toned down a bit. You're calling us stubborn? You present no logical argument about how he actually plays, on our board, refuse to accept our arguments, and call us stubborn in our opinions? You muppet.

You appear to be fond of stats, so here's a homework project for you. Go and check how many times Tredea (sic) was named All-Australian CHF.

I'd probably respect your club more if your former coach and now "Legend" of the game didn't clam you were robbed of the 04 flag every time they open their mouth.

I think the point is that we hated being bent over, so why is it ok to do it to others now

I agree with your ethics, and I tend to look both ways before crossing Karma avenue in front of the bus stops :p

That said, getting excited over a decent player's "want to come home" isn't exactly the same thing as wishing to "bend their club over".

Having listened to Matthews, Voss and Brown whinge about our '04 premiership for the past decade I couldn't give a stuff if Gold Coast completely roll over the top of Brisbane and piss on their corpse.

Vossy as well ? Disappointing from the old champ. Guess he needs something to complain about to distract media attention from his failed trading and coaching record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back