Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who underrates Roy Jones? Other than Floyd he's probably the best I've seen I'd reckon, and better to watch than Floyd.

Underrated was probably not the right word. I just feel he isn't given the respect he deserves when talking about greats in the sport. Personally, I think Roy Jones is one of the top 4-5 ever.

Absolute farce of an undercard. Molina-Soto was the one decent fight and it didn't end up on the main undercard. Santa Cruz-Roman was a complete mismatch. One of the worst PPV co main events you will ever see. Vazquez-Bey was as expected a stinker of a fight with one of the worst scorecards you will ever see to give Bey the win. Angulo showed how shot he is now in the only other fight. If I wasn't such a fan of Maidana I wouldn't be hanging around to watch the main event. Boxing has always been incredibly controversial but Al Haymon has somehow really stepped it up lately. Perhaps it is a by-product of the Golden Bay internal fighting but even so it is an absolute disgrace the way he has taken boxing fans for a ride lately.

More importantly, when does Mrs Mundine fight again?
Its two to three years later since Mrs Mundine was mentioned . I thought he had pulled the pin , but I heard somewhere recently , that he was off again maybe to America for more fights. I think he may get himself killed if he doesn't pack it in.

Since this is a general discussion thread, let's bring up the past.

Go back to the 80's and hagler, hearns, ray and duran were the big four.

I'm interested in what people thought of leonard as a boxer and where he stands when it comes to the history books? When i watch his fights, sometimes I can't stand him (the best athletes are always hated), but most of the time I can't help but admire his ability.
Was magnificent. I loved Duran too and the Hitman and Hagler , they were great fighters.

Soliman's first defence of his IBF World Middleweight Title is tomorrow. Soliman is the clear favourite with the general consensus being that Taylor is past it. Hopefully the fight goes to plan but you never know when a titlist is taking on a Haymon fighter on a Haymon card. Soliman came in overweight on first attempt but stripped down and was right on the limit second time around. Andre Dirrell is in the co-feature and Steve Lovett is on the undercard but I don't think Lovett's fight will be streamed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair decision. Overall I think Mundine edged it but I think one of the judges went from having it a draw after eight rounds to giving Mundine 3 of the final 4 rounds which is a bit lucky although to be fair Mundine probably should have been ahead anyway so you can't really say it was hometown bias imo. Definitely some serious commentary bias though.

****, forgot to tape it!

And does anyone know of any way to watch the early undercards of the Pacquiao fight on the weekend? A local bloke is fighting but I don't reckon it will be broadcast on the main PPV.

vipbox.co :thumbsu::thumbsu:

They always play them during the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back