Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
After Leapai's loss he said :

“We’re looking at securing a fight with Lucas Browne in Australia and Joseph Parker in New Zealand as soon as we can.”

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
After Leapai's loss he said :

“We’re looking at securing a fight with Lucas Browne in Australia and Joseph Parker in New Zealand as soon as we can.”
He will murder Browne. Browne is a pretender. Chinny, slow, predictable. Drops his hands at certain times. Cant fight going backwards.

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
:D
He will murder Browne. Browne is a pretender. Chinny, slow, predictable. Drops his hands at certain times. Cant fight going backwards.

Browne is limited. Yet finds a way of beating everybody they throw in with him.

Surely you aren't claiming Browne is chinny on the back of the ground & pound he received from Daniel Cormia? :D

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
:D

Browne is limited. Yet finds a way of beating everybody they throw in with him.

Surely you aren't claiming Browne is chinny on the back of the ground & pound he received from Daniel Cormia? :D
Not worth my time. If Browne has the guts (leapai has called him out for 2years and Browne has dogged it every time) and takes up last nights offer to fight Alex, I will be proven right.

Browne is scared of Leapai. History has proved it.

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
Not worth my time. If Browne has the guts (leapai has called him out for 2years and Browne has dogged it every time) and takes up last nights offer to fight Alex, I will be proven right.

Browne is scared of Leapai. History has proved it.

Nothing to support your "Browne is chinny" claim I see ;)

The Daniel Cormia ground & pound would have been all you could have been basing it on :D

MyNamesDavid

Debutant
Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
How many times he ko'd in UFC style fights? (that you know of?)

You have no idea at all what you're talking about.
And the answer to your KO question, lost by TKO twice in MMA, none boxing
Leapai has lost 3 times by TKO.

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
You have no idea at all what you're talking about.
And the answer to your KO question, lost by TKO twice in MMA, none boxing
Leapai has lost 3 times by TKO.

Correct :thumbsu:

Browne only twice lost under MMA rules due to stoppage. The first time due to a ground & pound at the hands of Daniel Cormier, who has a 15 wins from 16 fights record, and the second time in Browne's final MMA bout to Jim York.

At boxing Lucas Browne is the reigning Commonwealth champion and is undefeated after 22 fights. Obviously, being undefeated, he has never been stopped.

Alex Leapai's record reads 30 wins, 7 losses and 2 draws. Leapai has been stopped 3 times, and lost his last 3 fights.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MyNamesDavid

Debutant
Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Correct :thumbsu:

Browne only twice lost under MMA rules due to stoppage. The first time due to a ground & pound at the hands of Daniel Cormier, who has a 15 wins from 16 fights record, and the second time in Browne's final MMA bout to Jim York.

At boxing Lucas Browne is the reigning Commonwealth champion and is undefeated after 22 fights. Obviously, being undefeated, he has never been stopped.

Alex Leapai's record reads 30 wins, 7 losses and 2 draws. Leapai has been stopped 3 times, and lost his last 3 fights.

By his logic and these statistics that would make Leapai chinny, right?

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
Sam Soliman vs Domenic Wade confirmed for June 26

Former IBF middleweight champ Sam Soliman will fight up-and-coming Dominic Wade in Washington, on June 26. Soliman, 41, who is making a comeback from a potential career ending knee injury is giving away 16 years to take on former US Olympic champion, 25-year-old Dominic Wade, who is undefeated in 17 professional fights, 12 by knockout.

“I live for the challenge and I have my sights set on regaining the world title,” Soliman said. “I was offered the fight with Dominic Wade and it’s not in my DNA to say no. It’s a dangerous fight because Wade is young and has nothing to lose. I’ve worked hard to overcome my injury and regain the form required to fight at the highest level. Now I’m back to my best, and hungry to be a two-time champion.”

“Everytime I threw a punch (in the Taylor fight) it felt like a nail was being driven into my knee, but I wasn’t going to give up,” Soliman said. “That set-back has made me stronger. I’ve got a new knee, a great team, and the will to endure.”

Team Soliman have confirmation from the IBF World body that Soliman’s fight with Wade will not impact on his elimination bout eligibility to take on the winner of the vacant IBF middleweight world title, which will be decided when Hasan N’Dam and David Lemieux meet on June 20.

by Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/soliman ... -26-291720

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
Alex Leapai is scheduled to fight Andre Meunier in Melbourne on June 27th.

Not sure what Leapai has to gain from fighting a 39 year old, 3 round preliminary fighter like Andre Meunier? But I guess after 3 losses in a row, admittedly against top level opponents in Klitschko, Scott and Charr, more than anything else Leapai needs a win.

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
Barry Michael turns the big 60 today.

Very underrated fighter. Head like a brick. Never off his feet in his entire professional career.

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
By his logic and these statistics that would make Leapai chinny, right?

The situation regarding Lucas Browne and Ruslan Chagaev just got even worse.

As we know, a few months ago the WBC demanded Chagaev and Browne get a fight deal done within 30 days or a purse bid would result, and they'd be matched up that way.

From there Chagaev managed to slip in a fight with Francesco Pianeta prior to fighting his mandatory defence against Browne.

The latest development sees the WBC agreeing to a Chagaev vs Fres Oquendo rematch immediately following Chagaev vs Pianeta.

What all this means for Browne is he now has to wait two Chagaev fights before he gets a look in. What a right royal screw-up!!

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
Daniel Geale is a serial dogger. Siad 'no' to continue against Govolkin, and again tonight said 'no' to continue against Cotto. Disgrace.

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Daniel Geale is a serial dogger. Siad 'no' to continue against Govolkin, and again tonight said 'no' to continue against Cotto. Disgrace.
Lol that's pathetic. What a ******* joke it is to call someone a disgrace because they realised they were done. Get up and take some more head trauma until you're out cold and you'll be a warrior. No middle ground in combat sports I guess. Do you fight?

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
Ben Edwards vs Peter Graham, Australian heavyweight title, July 11th

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...ralian-heavyweight-title-20150425-1moz4s.html

1429854291912.jpg

Australian heavyweight champion Ben Edwards insists 39-year-old Peter Graham is a worthy challenger to the title, but admits it's hard to find quality opponents. Graham has a professional boxing record of eight wins, three losses and a draw, but his most recent bout was more than two years ago. Graham however, has a wealth of experience inside the ring with more than 100 fights across boxing, kickboxing and mixed martial arts.

"He's the highest-ranked guy we could get who would accept the fight that the ABF (Australian Boxing Federation) would approve of," Edwards said.

"I've only had six boxing fights, so he's had more than me, and before November (last year), I hadn't had one for three years."

"It's not a grudge match or anything, but there's definitely a lot of feelings going into it."

Edwards is unbeaten in his professional boxing career with a record of five wins and one draw. The 30-year-old claimed the Australian heavyweight title when he defeated Hunter Sam in a unanimous decision in February in a bout that went the 10 rounds.

Edwards has ambitions of making his mark on the world stage within the next two years after reaching the top in kickboxing.

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
Lol that's pathetic. What a ******* joke it is to call someone a disgrace because they realised they were done. Get up and take some more head trauma until you're out cold and you'll be a warrior. No middle ground in combat sports I guess. Do you fight?
21 fights in the ring. Know a lot of local boxers. All or most would go out on their shield. All I have spoken to agree Geale is a different beast...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back