The 'Go Home 5' Post-Mortem

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read in the paper that Marco Paparone has a decision to make as to whether or not he goes back home to Western Australia at the end of this year as his father's dying of lung cancer I think it was. Paparone said he was happy in Brisbane and was seeing him regularly and having him fly to Brisbane frequently but there is a chance that he won't resign and might be traded to Fremantle, the team he grew up supporting.

Just read in the paper that Marco Paparone has a decision to make as to whether or not he goes back home to Western Australia at the end of this year as his father's dying of lung cancer I think it was. Paparone said he was happy in Brisbane and was seeing him regularly and having him fly to Brisbane frequently but there is a chance that he won't resign and might be traded to Fremantle, the team he grew up supporting.
Really disappointing for Paps to make this decision. The one thing going for us is that he enjoys being at the club and that we are fkying him over regularly.
Essentially, Docherty was in the same position with his dad.

The article I find online does not say this at all.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/marco-paparone-watches-his-father-battles-cancer/2316859/

And partly for that reason, Paparone, who is signed until the end of this season, said this week his dad's situation "won't really affect my contract decision".

The likable youngster certainly talks as though he is in for the long haul. "We all get along really well," Paparone said. "We're building towards what we want to achieve."

The AFL needs to be more flexible on this stuff. If the worst happens (lets hope not) the rules should allow us to send him home for 6 months, let him play with a WAFL club and let us elevate a rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to belittle Pap's situation, but it does seem like we have a bizarre contagious case of fathers with cancer over the last two years. Doc, Paps, pretty sure Longer's...

Not to belittle Pap's situation, but it does seem like we have a bizarre contagious case of fathers with cancer over the last two years. Doc, Paps, pretty sure Longer's...

Ash's.

Like the others he's gonna be a very good footballer, Karnezis.

Like the others he's gonna be a very good footballer, Karnezis.
Is he? Bet most people on here thought Banfield would and look what happened.

Nothing is a guarantee in football, especially on young inconsistent careers like Karnezis.

In saying that, obviously the talent is there.

Will be disappointing if 3 or more turn out to be good players.Was hoping to cap it at 2.
I would hope ultimately all of them would at least be serviceable, because it would imply that our recruitment staff would know what they were doing.

I would hope ultimately all of them would at least be serviceable, because it would imply that our recruitment staff would know what they were doing.
Sorry I don't see it that way now they have left.

Serious question or not?

Started of injured - put up a string of good performances in the 2's when the pies were going all right and then when he was ready to go did a hammy. The Pies are very happy with him.

Serious.

Was genuinely interested in his progress after hearing months back he snagged a few for their VFL side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back