The 'Go Home 5' Post-Mortem

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing to do with their upside, I just think Gardiner is one of the most entertaining players to watch. Would be pretty sad if he left cause when he fill out he is going to destroy people.

He just needs an enforcer partner, any of our players got a twin floating round?

Nothing to do with their upside, I just think Gardiner is one of the most entertaining players to watch. Would be pretty sad if he left cause when he fill out he is going to destroy people.

He just needs an enforcer partner, any of our players got a twin floating round?
Isnt that enforcer going to be Clarke. I thought he was going to be the monster.

We can cover Gardiners loss, Polec on the other hand is exactly what we need. We don't have the line breaking, elite kicking midfielder that oozes class and X factor.

Where was that line breaking today? Gardiner will easily become the better player over the course of their career.

You still haven't answered my question. He goes missing when the team needs him. Not really a star.
It was possibly the worst type of game for Polec today. Also Polec has only really completed one preseason and the Power play a very hard running high intensity game. It is obvious he hasn't magically adapted to their style in one preseason and is spent.

It was possibly the worst type of game for Polec today. Also Polec has only really completed one preseason and the Power play a very hard running high intensity game. It is obvious he hasn't magically adapted to their style in one preseason and is spent.

Yet you have the audacity to judge that Gardiner will never amount to what Polec has 'become' even though he has finished half of a pre-season? :rolleyes:

Your logic is confusing. :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet you have the audacity to judge that Gardiner will never amount to what Polec has 'become' even though he has finished half of a pre-season? :rolleyes:

Your logic is confusing. :confused:
I answered your question with sound logic. Hardly confusing... Polec plays in a hard running position in a hard running team... I actually think he has done very well considering he has only completed one preseason.

It must be great living in your world where every player is equal in terms of playing ability... :drunk: Someone has to be a better player and I believe it will be Polec. Just move on...

I answered your question with sound logic. Hardly confusing... Polec plays in a hard running position in a hard running team... I actually think he has done very well considering he has only completed one preseason.

It must be great living in your world where every player is equal in terms of playing ability... :drunk: Someone has to be a better player and I believe it will be Polec. Just move on...
Different positiosn so you cant judge them.
It's like saying Cloke is a better player than Kennedy (Syd)

Serious question, who here would trade Darcy Gardiner for Polec now?

Are we assuming in this question an injury-free Polec with a burning desire to make the most of himself as a footballer in Brisbane or the guy we had on our list?

The fact is that we have gone for more talls to replace key position players in the last draft. It is much harder to come across tall forwards or defenders then classy midfielders. Come the next draft we might pick up a classy midfielder to replace polec as they take less time to develop.

I said it before the game, but this 2014 version of the team looked a lot better on paper than the side we put out there last year (where 4 of the GH5 were playing I think). Wasn't wrong!

As rough as it was last year, watching these blokes I couldn't be happier with how its all turned out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back