Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What basis is there for this? surely you have something more to go on then, "it was in a sci-fi movie"

My car has countless interactions through various systems, It is capable of interpreting those interactions and producing both positive and negative feedback in response to those interactions. additionally it can also complete certain tasks without assistance or direction.

are you suggesting my car has consciousness?
You're car loves you and would be deeply hurt if it knew you were speaking like this about it.

CMEuSklUwAATGK1.jpg

What basis is there for this? surely you have something more to go on then, "it was in a sci-fi movie"

My car has countless interactions through various systems, It is capable of interpreting those interactions and producing both positive and negative feedback in response to those interactions. additionally it can also complete certain tasks without assistance or direction.

are you suggesting my car has consciousness?
But your car is a construction, built from many and various individual components. I think what they were referring to was something that is natural, whole and very very old.

But your car is a construction, built from many and various individual components. I think what they were referring to was something that is natural, whole and very very old.
Not like a human is constructed from many, very very many, various and individual components or anything............:drunk::drunk:

American Association of Anatomists has 7,500 listed parts.
Approximately 100 000 billion individual cells.

No noobies either being all of 6,000 years old in a veritably new born biosphere 4.25 billion years old.
Obviously God procrastinated a fair bit before making a total botch job of man at first, then after a few thousand years decided to clean the "petrie dish" so to speak, then packed a boat full of animals and the only family worth saving just so they could found a cult which hate the gay people he made and torment them by trying to run their lives.

Yep! We're all just one homogenous clump of God stuff recently popped into existence for a bit of shits and giggles.

Tony Abbott though is harder to explain....

the earth was formed out of layers and layers of dust rock and gases left over from the establishment of our sun. it is compromised over 118 different base materials which today form various components everything from the molten core to the upper atmosphere. It is a construction, a natural one yes but how does age and environmental conditions act as an indicator of consciousness?

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS, oh sorry I thought this was the conspiracy thread for a second, forget this is about the existence or non existence of a Deity, my fault. Carry on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol I wasn't aware all scientists in the world are atheists

Pretty funny you believe the official 9/11 story, I suppose you have been brainwashed by the media & you obey your television.

View attachment 169730
Nah that's new age atheism, which I absolutely detest. Being an atheist is just, we don't believe in God and/or we don't give it much thought.

Lol I wasn't aware all scientists in the world are atheists

Pretty funny you believe the official 9/11 story, I suppose you have been brainwashed by the media & you obey your television.

View attachment 169730

I have no dog in this fight, but don't religious people kinda own the "smug sense of superiority" thing?

so how i think the people willing to blow themselves up for the cause would disagree with you.

It's not about the individual but the directive.....which may not necessarily have its heart in the right place.

People are easily manipulated and no easier than under the guise of a greater good...........a god.

It's not about the individual but the directive.....which may not necessarily have its heart in the right place.

People are easily manipulated and no easier than under the guise of a greater good...........a god.

and who's responsible for the directive other then an individual? supposing the head of centipede is any less devout then its limbs is disingenuous.

and who's responsible for the directive other then an individual? supposing the head of centipede is any less devout then its limbs is disingenuous.

A collective of course. Whether it be a government, a sect or for that matter a religion that preys on the weak to service it's agenda.

You don't think that the head is the same as the tail do you?

A collective of course. Whether it be a government, a sect or for that matter a religion that preys on the weak to service it's agenda.

You don't think that the head is the same as the tail do you?

Leaders more often then not reflect the views and goals of a significant part of the collective rather then shape them.
any leader whether democratic or otherwise who presents a POV that is directly opposed to ideals of a significant majority is quickly unseated by necessity for the collective to remain intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back