Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stalin and Hitler both purported a mono view of the world not unlike Christianity
Isn't that obvious

You are talking about Ideology....Dictators, The desire for power & world domination existed before both of Christianity & Islam....Alexander The Great being a prime example.

It's really quite simple so stop trying to obfuscate, deflect and/or change the goalposts.

You made a wide and sweepingly disparaging statement about people and claimed that your opinion was indeed a fact.
You have been asked to support your statement of fact.
Evidently you cannot as you revert to twisting the argument which is laden with nothing but insult and ad hominem buffoonery so therefore one can surmise that you are completely full of the proverbial and when called to account about said statements you resort to insult as a way of masking your sheer ignorance.

Again, there is no greater sample of the Australian peoples thinking than an election.

For the particular political parties and politicians to be repeatedly re-elected in country areas, and vast electorates, says it all.

I await your actual dismantling of this FACT, instead of your foot stamping and bitter tears.

Again, there is no greater sample of the Australian peoples thinking than an election.

For the particular political parties and politicians to be repeatedly re-elected in country areas, and vast electorates, says it all.

I await your actual dismantling of this FACT, instead of your foot stamping and bitter tears.

That's a very narrow view of the world.

Urban means city and rural means country.. Survey done on who goes to Church in Australia. Urban 20% Rural 19%.

"Church attendance is average, though farmers go more. Reported church attendance among people in urban and rural areas is similar, with 20% of urban dwellers attending frequently compared with 19% of rural dwellers. However, farmers and agricultural workers have much higher levels of frequent church attendance (28%) than others. This could be because churches provide opportunities for social interaction, although other community organisations do this too. Alternatively, the higher attendance levels among farmers could be because the way of life of farmers and their work in providing the necessities of life receives greater affirmation from the churches than most other occupations (Why People Don’t Go to Church, 2002, p 20)."

Are we racist etc .. Don't what to make of it really except for Perth being the winner which is a city.

"
A national survey has found people in Perth show greater prejudice against minority groups than other Australians.

The 'Challenging Racism Project' surveyed more than 16,000 Australians over seven years.

Of the 850 people surveyed in Perth, more than 14 per cent said they were prejudiced against other cultures, compared with a national average of about 12 per cent.

Across other states and territories the survey included people living in both city and rural areas. In WA, it was confined to the metropolitan area.

Lead researcher Kevin Dunn from the University of Western Sydney says while there were differences between the states, the greatest difference in attitudes was between generations.

"Older Australians - not all older Australians - but in general are more intolerant and younger Australians much more tolerant," he said.

Mr Dunn says that location and age showed the greatest difference in attitudes.

"In every state, attitudes vary dramatically and in a statistically significant way across age categories, across generations," he said."

so now you are claiming elections as definitve proof of thinking. cool.

That's a very narrow view of the world.

I wouldn't have thought so, considering that this particular part of the conversation was specifically in regards to country Australians.

Urban means city and rural means country.. Survey done on who goes to Church in Australia. Urban 20% Rural 19%.

"Church attendance is average, though farmers go more. Reported church attendance among people in urban and rural areas is similar, with 20% of urban dwellers attending frequently compared with 19% of rural dwellers. However, farmers and agricultural workers have much higher levels of frequent church attendance (28%) than others. This could be because churches provide opportunities for social interaction, although other community organisations do this too. Alternatively, the higher attendance levels among farmers could be because the way of life of farmers and their work in providing the necessities of life receives greater affirmation from the churches than most other occupations (Why People Don’t Go to Church, 2002, p 20)."

Are we racist etc .. Don't what to make of it really except for Perth being the winner which is a city.

"
A national survey has found people in Perth show greater prejudice against minority groups than other Australians.

The 'Challenging Racism Project' surveyed more than 16,000 Australians over seven years.

Of the 850 people surveyed in Perth, more than 14 per cent said they were prejudiced against other cultures, compared with a national average of about 12 per cent.

Across other states and territories the survey included people living in both city and rural areas. In WA, it was confined to the metropolitan area.

Lead researcher Kevin Dunn from the University of Western Sydney says while there were differences between the states, the greatest difference in attitudes was between generations.

"Older Australians - not all older Australians - but in general are more intolerant and younger Australians much more tolerant," he said.

Mr Dunn says that location and age showed the greatest difference in attitudes.

"In every state, attitudes vary dramatically and in a statistically significant way across age categories, across generations," he said."

Not
one
single
link

so now you are claiming elections as definitve proof of thinking. cool.

You seem to be rather picky in regards to what will soothe your troubled soul.

I'll happily provide a jeeeexxus pic with any further info if that makes you feel better.

I wouldn't have thought so, considering that this particular part of the conversation was specifically in regards to country Australians.

It is a very narrow view to form an opinion of people based on the political party of the elected official, considering Australia has 2 major party and 2 not so major parties.

Not
one
single
link

You seem to be rather picky in regards to what will soothe your troubled soul.

I'll happily provide a jeeeexxus pic with any further info if that makes you feel better.

Do whatever you want. Evidently answering a question is too difficult for you.

It is a very narrow view to form an opinion of people based on the political party of the elected official, considering Australia has 2 major party and 2 not so major parties.

Just where was I referring to the entire country?

I was specifically referring to country people.
Do whatever you want. Evidently answering a question is too difficult for you.

I've answered it about 27 times... but you just didn't like the reply.

All we've seen from you is bitter tears.

Now you are being silly.

Is that right?

Away you go...back it up.

Or are you going to disappear again like you did before?

You used to be so vocal on this stuff before skipper...who made your backside bleed?

was it Chief? I can't really remember, but jeeeeezz, you really had a cry about it.

Last edited:
Is that right?

Away you go...back it up.

Or are you going to disappear again like you did before?

You used to be so vocal on this stuff before skipper...who made your arse bleed?

was it Chief? I can't really remember, but jeeeeezz, you really had a cry about it.

That's weird and creepy at the same time. I don't even know you. That is some creepy s**t there mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just where was I referring to the entire country?

I was specifically referring to country people.

I've answered it about 27 times... but you just didn't like the reply.

All we've seen from you is bitter tears.

haha you've displayed extraordinary gymnastic ability in NOT backing up your 'facts'

hows about you two take it somewhere else....like p.m....And stop stinking up this thread with your drivel.:rolleyes:

Yeah, let's read 4,387 word essays, which are poorly written attempts at philosophical debate, (lots of big words though), about how you really are a Christian and that the rest of us are inconsequential and lacking spiritual vigour instead.

You're a windbag mate, nothing more and nothing less.

I'd of thought that to be another topic entirely?....Surely?

This thread encompasses the idea of God across the entire human canvas, would have thought?
Yes and no
Abrahamic triad is dogmatic oppressive it can end a single paragraph without referencing God this and God that

Buddhism and Taoism is to me more akin to Jedi training.

There have been nations that killed millions and the West hasn't cared so I wondered what would the West stand to lose if the communism way was seen as a viable alternative and the biggest loser in that is religion.
Globalization
Multi national corporatio would be restrained severely
It would have no direct bearing on religion

The unholy trinity of Atheism - Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot - personally responsible for the deaths of over 70 million people.
Hitler was a practicing Roman Catholic,supported in pursuit by the church and the Pope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back