Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If theres no end to the physical universe, then perhaps thers no temporal end or beginning.

No creation. No creator. No need.

Imagine thers no heaven...

There are spiritual things which are apparent to many, but arent compltely explained yet.

There has to be something out there doesn't there?

The universe is unimaginably large, 100 billion + galaxies. Galaxies out there that we may never no exist as they are just too far away. Earth has existed for what 4 billion years? That's a good 12 billion years the universe has existed without earth... let alone with out us.

So? Maybe the 'point' of the universe is stars and lumps of rocks. It's just physics. Why does there 'have' to be something?

There has to be something out there doesn't there?

The universe is unimaginably large, 100 billion + galaxies. Galaxies out there that we may never no exist as they are just too far away. Earth has existed for what 4 billion years? That's a good 12 billion years the universe has existed without earth... let alone with out us.

Good point. if the point of the universe is mans relationship to god then there was a relatively long wait for the action. Unless man is really really low in god's scheme of things.
And in our scientific knowledge of the universe, the more we know, the more insignificant mankind is

Now I see why they are desperately hooked on creationism

*Hypothetical God

So? Maybe the 'point' of the universe is stars and lumps of rocks. It's just physics. Why does there 'have' to be something?

Maybe so. It's already much more than stars and rocks though. Stars and lumps of rocks, everything we can see, accounts for about 5% of the mass and energy in the universe. That is saying something when there is an estimated 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in the universe. One of the great current physics mysteries is, what is Dark Energy? Which accounts for the majority of the energy of the universe. Physics can't yet quite explain the universe.

I'd like to think they're is something else out there, but that's just me. We're certainly not the centre of the universe as people once believed.

agree with you there, why do we look for "the meaning of life", "why are we here". we just are.
on the life out there scenario, i would say seeing we are here that on the balance of probabilities there is other life in the universe. life started here a few billion years ago as a bacteria, of the trillions of planetary systems out there i would think it has probably happened elsewhere. we may never know, considering the nearest galaxy to us is 2.5 million light years away and the farthest known galaxy is 13.3 billion light years away. just blows my mind those distances, are we really as important as we think we are?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

had never heard of regina spektor, don't mind these 2 songs, although it doesn't convert me from non-believer to believer:). or add much to the "god question" debate in my opinion. but a nice interlude.

“There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.”....Rumi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back