Analysis The Good, the Bad and the Fugly Vs Shemantle round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Same s**t midfield for years.

Lots to be excited about.

Shuey is a 4th best midfielder at best. Soft.

The rest are real poo.

The fans at the game cheering on the events that occurred during junk time were nearly just as damning to me as the first half performance. Looks like a very flattering 30 point loss is very acceptable to them and now the club can wheel out the excuses with some justification. Eg. we were good in the second half, outscored Freo after quarter time, LeCras kicked 5 etc.

Positives:
- Nelson, the kid is something we lack in spades: talented and hungry for the contest. Going to be a keeper.
- Sheed, coming along very well and fought all day.
- LeCras and Kennedy - worked tirelessly despite utter dreck being served up from the midfield.
- Wellingham and Hill both came good as the game went on - it shows effort if not anything else.
- Gov - we love you. That is all.

Negatives:
- Masten shirks contact constantly. It's embarrassing.
- Priddis was nowhere to be seen, despite the stat sheet.
- I feel like I'll watch Shuey's whole career waiting for him to stand up in a clutch game, only for it never to happen.
- Lycett is down on confidence. I'm failing him as a sponsor clearly :(
- McGinnity, Butler, Rosa - all three of you are completely done.

Good:
We can be flat track bullies next weekend
Sheed developing nicely
Nelson as well

Bad:
1st quarter, 2nd, 3rd, showing up to play in the 4th
That midfield, no accountability
Turbo injured

We lined up with McGinnity and Priddis at a centre bounce. Are we tanking already?

The main concern for me was a complete and utter lack of aggression. Freo were hunting our ball carriers in numbers. We were throwing out the most lazy arm tackles I've seen in some time. And when we did get there in numbers, somehow the Freo players are superhuman and able to get through three tacklers. Put pressure in the ball carrier in you will always be in the game.

We certainly didn't come prepared for the contest today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Negatives:
That game was so much worse than the final score line suggests. Was essentially a 100 flogging to me.
Shuey was pretty crap looked like he lacked effort.
Yeo hasn't looked to have improved from last year, we need him too.
Mcgovern possibly injured - Legit kill me if he's out.
First half pressure was non existent countless freo players just jogging in open space.
Our clearance work was abysmal even though NN was good.
Lycett had some poor efforts
Hurn had a bit of a stinker.
Sheppard and Masten are continuously weak at the contest and lose pivotal CP's or slip tackles.
Felt like Simpson made some bad calls tonight.
So many more I won't mention.

Positives:
Nelson, kid definitely has what it takes but we already knew that.
McGovern really is god.
Our fowardline effort was actually good from all players and as a unit. They just weren't given s**t by our midfield. Cripps and hill were actually quite good I thought and will be underrated. Even mginnity was better than normal. Lecras obviously with his 5 was the best.
Schofield tried manfully I thought, and kept pav goaless when we got thumped.
Can't think of anyone in the midfield today who was above average.

A weird positive for me was Josh Hill kicking his 2 goals in the second and third quarters, not in the 4th where all the eagles players joined in the 'respectability goals'. If he can do his occasional good things when we actually need it instead of before or after like usual I'd like him in instead of McGinnity, yes he's soft but he can kick.
Oh and McGovern can have my babies

Bottom line: Fremantle have superior players, superior coaches and a superior gameplan. Outside the lack of height in defense, we lost clearances 44 to 26 with most of ours coming in junk time. Basically we need three new inside midfielders who can actually win the ball because right now we don't have a single one who can compete with the best. We were spoiled for years with Judd and Kerr - who were never replaced.

The only big positive is because of Geelong holding on and this, I am $133 richer. Not bad for a first time betting.

Sheed was okay. I actually thought Wellingham played one of his better games for the club. Nelson looked at home as well. McGovern played well until he went down. Le Cras is a good finisher. Hill showed a bit and he's certainly handy depth, I wouldn't be delisting him.

The negatives have been covered already.

Kids were good.

Lecras and a few others were OK.

The rest was s**t. Mcginnity, Rosa, wellingham, priddis, shephard, masten all poor, slow, s**t disposal, s**t decision making. Drop all of them.

Lycett needs a rocket or the threat of delisting.

Duggan doesn't count.

Kids were good.

Lecras and a few others were OK.

The rest was s**t. Mcginnity, Rosa, wellingham, priddis, shephard, masten all poor, slow, s**t disposal, s**t decision making. Drop all of them.

Lycett needs a rocket or the threat of delisting.

Duggan doesn't count.
Masten is just as big a problem for our midfield development as Priddis. Even when masten plays a 'good' game i hardly notice him. Might be a little reactionary put fck he's bad. No heart, no pace, no size ffs

+
josh hill chased Stephan hill at one stage,got there just as he kicked,bloody good chase tho.he kept trying throughout the match
McGovern still standing tall
the last half.we kept plugging away,it got real ugly early on
_
we didn't draft to cover our deficiencies-speed and skill
constantly missing the target by foot
the first half,mostly the first quarter-total shell shock,no leg speed,no skill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back