Analysis The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Vs St Kilda round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I followed match centre for the first 3 quarters from work...I'm gonna guess something didn't click in the 2nd term?

The good: Responded well to a few Saints challengers, ended up winning by a creditable margin. Coming off a six day break on a ground we struggle at was a factor at times, but we got it done when we needed to. More players standing up in the midfield again, Duggan great after a quiet last week.
The bad: Lazy pressure and tackling for the whole second quarter. Looked flat and disinterested.
The ugly: Tim Watson

Could not find a good thing to say about us at all and then attacks yeo and even have the nerve to compare it to the thug acts of the hawks what a f%#king looser. Not our falt his team is s**t drug cheats.

He said our jumper sucked and we are not a top 4 team. :D

Dare say Watto started changing his tune when he realised we play the Bombers in three or four weeks. Campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good:
Shuey starting to build consistency
Duggan playing a ripper, love the kid
Yeo continues to build as a freak
Cripps has taken his game up two notches

Bad:
Not too sure of Bennell's impact this year to be honest, would rather pump games into Nelson
Pridda's first half
Some ridiculous decision making (looking at you Gaffy)
Yeo's pending MRP decision

Ugly:
As previously mentioned, the woeful commentary from Watson

Good: Solid win on a ground we've been dodgy on for sometime. The Dugg and the young brigade stood up again. Gov solid down back. Hill and Cripps proving they can be just as damaging as the tall timber up forward.

Bad: we have up a 30 point buffer at one stage. We need a foot on the neck performance for 4 qtrs.

Ugly. Tim Watson. ******* shouldn't be allowed near any interstate games, obviously wishes the AFL was still the VFL. *.

I have no idea why everyone is blaming Watson for anything. So fricken touchy.

Considering he spent a great deal of time talking up Yeo and comparing him to Fyfe, i don't think he "has an agenda against him" sheeesh.

Just because Hamish and Basil are imbeciles, they asked his opinion on the hit and he gave it. That's it. Move on already.

I have no idea why everyone is blaming Watson for anything. So fricken touchy.

Considering he spent a great deal of time talking up Yeo and comparing him to Fyfe, i don't think he "has an agenda against him" sheeesh.

Just because Hamish and Basil are imbeciles, they asked his opinion on the hit and he gave it. That's it. Move on already.
Of course you defend Watson

Positive: 12 goals to 6 after half time. We really do close out games well.
3/4 quarters were really good.
Make no mistake, st kilda really had nothing to lose, and played like it after qtr time. Even though it was 5 goals to 1 in the 2nd, we did well to limit the damage from then on.
Hilly just doesn't miss. It's good he's on the end of our hard work because he just doesn't let you down. Also doing the hard work both ways to deserve his goals.
Duggan, nelson, McInnes, Sinclair. All under 20 games of experience, and we pull that win off the road.
We got minutes into Selwood.
Negatives:

There can't be too many negatives in a 50 point win, but letting the saints back in the contest made extra work for ourselves. Our 2nd quarters are becoming a bit of an issue now, if we do have a drop off in intensity, it's usually then.

Yeo's mrp: hope he just gets a fine.
Bennell was pretty ineffectual today.

Good game. Despite a 5-1 goal second quarter in favour of the saints, I actually thought we played a 4 quarter game (2nd quarter included).
We were generally clean but what i like most is that the players were decisive in their actions.
Never complained about commentary in my life before until i heard Tim Watson today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back