The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Good:

The 57,000 members this club has. We deserve a better club.

Tex

Sauce

B Crouch

Eddie

The Bad and Ugly:

Sanderson - All the money this club generates from the 2nd biggest supporterbase in the league you would hope we could be "best in show" at something. Hack.

Our depth. Regardless of the cattle, our players ranked 15-22 are not good enough to be consistent contributors at this level. We can largely thank Jens mate for this.

McKay - wtf. Seems we learnt our lesson from the pods, graham, Reilly contracts.

Laird. Another to add to the growing list of rubbish players.

L Thompson - our lack of talls is Western Bulldogs like.

Dangerfield and the now regular blind handball.

A s**t season and no top 8 pick.

Me for getting sucked into continuously believing in this club. We're a club on a road to nowhere.

SnookAU

Senior List
Oct 20, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Good:

The 57,000 members this club has. We deserve a better club.

Tex

Sauce

B Crouch

Eddie

The Bad and Ugly:

Sanderson - All the money this club generates from the 2nd biggest supporterbase in the league you would hope we could be "best in show" at something. Hack.

Our depth. Regardless of the cattle, our players ranked 15-22 are not good enough to be consistent contributors at this level. We can largely thank Jens mate for this.

McKay - wtf. Seems we learnt our lesson from the pods, graham, Reilly contracts.

Laird. Another to add to the growing list of rubbish players.

L Thompson - our lack of talls is Western Bulldogs like.

Dangerfield and the now regular blind handball.

A s**t season and no top 8 pick.

1 word. STUNNED. AND ******* PATHETIC ADELAIDE. OMG! This has to be a coaching issue, ******* ropeable that mentally they couldn't win this.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Laird? Rubbish? LOL

Actually gave us a chance after shutting down Hurn in the 3rd.

Hard at it and has good disposal. Poor call really

Like so many players on our list, average player at best with no stand out weapons.

Crows4Eva

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2010
Adelaide, SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
The Good:
I fell asleep before the game and saved myself three hours of frustration.

Personally, I think the players at this club just can't handle being the heavy favorites to win a game. I think they mentally relax when they're expected to win and as a result the work rate drops and we get ourselves into trouble.

Melbourne round 7
Carlton round 10
West Coast round 19

All games we went in heavy favorites for and all games that went down the toilet. We need to fix this and quickly.

xchadders

Premiership Player
May 26, 2012
tasmania
AFL Club
Adelaide
good:
1 day closer to trigg getting the hell out of our club.

tex, crouch... thats about it actually.
we kicked straight.

bad:
gave up too many free kicks. stupid ones.

ugly:
people thinking a 6 day break was to blame for not winning. how about no passion from the players?
leading by 24-0. and every time we got in front, we gave it up easily.
every other player except the aforementioned.
tackling - might as well go back to craig's 'perceived pressure' concept. its not like actually tackling them ever helps.

sbenno

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Good:
I fell asleep before the game and saved myself three hours of frustration.

Personally, I think the players at this club just can't handle being the heavy favorites to win a game. I think they mentally relax when they're expected to win and as a result the work rate drops and we get ourselves into trouble.

Melbourne round 7
Carlton round 10
West Coast round 19

All games we went in heavy favorites for and all games that went down the toilet. We need to fix this and quickly.

Those 3 games are our season right there. Went into those games complacent, choked and threw the season away.

Bloody deplorable.

no good

BAD
Same s**t it's been for years........WEAK campaignerS who can't tackle , couldn't knock the froth off a cauppucino
Mentally-fragile small " defenders "
The entire defense roll up into a ball as soon as Jenny went down.
We'll prolly still make the 8 and nothing will be done.

i can accept mistakes.....can't accept CATS/FRUITS/TENDERFOOTS in my club

Those 3 games are our season right there. Went into those games complacent, choked and threw the season away.

Bloody deplorable.
If we had beaten those three teams we'd be fifth. Throw in a win against Essendon and we'd be equal top. Some serious stuff ups there

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
After 2 or so retirements it sucks that only a further 2-3 players will be delisted at the end of the year. At this rate it will take us 3-4 years to delist the rubbish from our list.

May 26, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Same sh*t different week.
Can't tackle, can't make good decisions. Too many players who are never going to be better than 15-22 best. (oddly more than 7 of them!)

So dispirited. Can't remember feeling so gutted. There's losing and there's losing in a bad way. This was losing in a terrible way.

Tex was good. Crouch worked us back into it when others didn't want to do the work.

The rest? :thumbsdown:

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Danger was absolutely s**t today as well. Did he do anything efficiently? Played forward a lot but his impact was way too minimal.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we had beaten those three teams we'd be fifth. Throw in a win against Essendon and we'd be equal top. Some serious stuff ups there

And if we'd won every game, we'd be top by a mile.

Seriously, there's a lot of 'ifs' you're using there. We lost those games to average teams, just as we did today. Top teams may have a blunder, but not half a dozen. We're actually reasonably consistent with this type if failure. Today's result was hardly surprising.

Seriously, there's a lot of 'ifs' you're using there. We lost those games to average teams, just as we did today. Top teams may have a blunder, but not half a dozen. We're actually reasonably consistent with this type if failure. Today's result was hardly surprising.

I know. We lost twice to very mediocre teams by under 10 points, we could have won those, but we didn't because we're mediocre

creme_fraiche

Cancelled
Jun 1, 2013
WA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
The harsh reality is that we have a plethora of B and C graders and barring one or two players our disposal, decision making and gameplan is well off the level displayed by the top 4-6 teams.

Martin is fantastic at gut running but his disposal is often horrific.

Henderson is at times a jet but he's soft and inconsistent.

Mackay is a nice disposer but goes missing for far too long.

Jaensch isn't a defender pure and simple. I've been saying it since forever.

Otten is slow and his disposal doesn't hurt. The definition of Vanilla.

Wright does the team thing but couldn't kick over a jam jar.

Out of those names above, if we want to become a top 4 side we can only really afford to play one or two in the lineup. We don't have the depth to replace any of them yet (draft sanctions, the gift that keeps on giving) and so, we'll continue to struggle when teams shut down our stars. The quicker we fast track Crouch, Grigg, and Cameron into the lineup the better off we'll be.

I also believe when it comes to our lineup we can't afford to have Walker, Jacobs, Otten, Talia and Pods all in the one lineup purely because they're 5 extremely lumbering talls. The answer is Walker, Talia and Jacobs every time there with Lynch in for Pods and Hartigan (fingers crossed and obviously not this year) for Otten.

We don't deserve finals if we can't beat s**t teams like West Coast when our season is on the line. We were outcoached, outplayed and were consistently second to the ball.

Talia was a huge loss but no excuses here.

Disgusting, disappointed but not to be unexpected. That game more than any other probably sums up our entire season really.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Good

The crowd. As the OP said we deserve better
Eddie- actually wants to chase and tackle, never mind the goals.
Tex- He isn't fully right but tries to make an impact.
Crouch- gets better every week.
Sloane- works his backside off for nothing in return.
Sauce- can hold his head up.

Bad

JJ- not in the ugly category because he kicked goals but he is the laziest, softest 100kg 200cm bloke ive ever seen.
LT- isnt a key defender but has to be stronger at the contest.
Pods- its time for the magoos.
Grigg- sooooooooo slow.
Martins goal kicking- kills the guy because everything else is great

UGLY

Otten- see Grigg with less intensity.
Hendo- yeah hes not fit but today we saw what the doubters saw.
Our key backs after Talia- perfect for Truck and he isn't there.
The woman next to me- smelt like off cheese

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
We are slow in the midfield. West Coast are too but they balance it by one grab and precise kicking/handballing and always being on the move. The amount of times I saw our midfielders stationery taking two or three fumbles at the ball before picking it up was unbelievable. There is no need to blame our forward line or our defence, today was all about our midfield, our highly over rated midfield who were absolutely smashed. Thompson is a liability in the midfield, last week we got a glimpse of how much quicker we were through the midfield without him, this week we got our usual snap shot...and we got smashed.

Also Sando, if you want to be a great coach, take the call out of your players hands every now and then, Danger shouldn't have played.

Back