THE 2008 GRAND FINAL: Hawthorn vs Geelong Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, i live in Sydney and don't have tickets but rest assured if i do get some i will be on a plane down there.

I am so pumped! As i said in a previous thread i don't remember the hawks final in 91' but i remember very well the 89 one. It's still the best game i have ever seen.

so if i can't get there, to all the Hawks supporters in my stead, give em hell and lets PLAY the cats next week. We CAN win!

edit: spelling.

Best of luck to you guys next week!

I'm hoping my Hawks supporting housemate gets a ticket in the ballot so he can watch The Buddy Show roll on

Man, it's just been an awesome sporting night! :D

It really had.

Hawks into the Grand Final.
Storm beat the Broncos in the final minute.
Archie scored with 4 seconds to go to draw with CCM.
Arsenal play at 2:30.

And I should almost be guarenteed a grand final ticket. :D:D

I bloody hope I get a ticket to the grand final. I'm so ****ing pumped.

To top off a good night, Phil how good was the last minute of the storm game!!! :eek:

Off topic, I know. But I'm so bloody pumped we're finally there, and can finally see the boys have a crack at the cup!!

Lance Franklin.- There IS NO better.|| If you ever let me go I would die. I don't need another woman, I need you all or nothing. says:
as good as hawks winning

:D

Lance Franklin.- There IS NO better.|| If you ever let me go I would die. I don't need another woman, I need you all or nothing. says:
as good as hawks winning

:D

Like you would quote msn conversations. ;):p For me it was, beating the Broncos of all teams and in the final minute? s**t yeah.

Enough on the storm. :D

I cant believe we have made it. Imagine if we win... it will be a dream come true! Lets hope for the best!

Guys,

I am really really desperate....

I live in the ACT and ABSOLUTELY love the HAWKS!! I have booked flights to Melbourne next weekend, but dont have a ticket.

To make things even worse, my best mate is flying back from New York (yep all the way back for the weekend) for the game.

If anyone knows of any spare tickets, please let me know -0421059060.

Thanks
Michael

GO HAWKS!!!

Congrats on making the GF boys. You guys were absolutly amazing in the midfield and the hawks are definatley the ones who deserve to challenge the Cats. You guys killed us in the midfield last night, from what i saw, you can definatley match it with Geelong. After the last few weeks I saw what Hodge can really do. But after last night I consider him such a champion player. If not the best in the comp.
Good Luck next week. I hope you can beat the ever dominating Cats.

What an amazing night that was, my congratulations goes out to everyone involved at the H.F.C., we've had one supreme season and made the most out off it making the big one.

This will be my tenth grand final i will be attending, yes i've been spoilt, and hopefully a very lucky figure, the gf nerves have started already but i will enjoy them this week, go hawks go for glory boy's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, i live in Sydney and don't have tickets but rest assured if i do get some i will be on a plane down there.

I am so pumped! As i said in a previous thread i don't remember the hawks final in 91' but i remember very well the 89 one. It's still the best game i have ever seen.

so if i can't get there, to all the Hawks supporters in my stead, give em hell and lets PLAY the cats next week. We CAN win!

edit: spelling.
great game last nite fellas. The hawks were awesome and it is bloody exciting to see the best two teams play off for the ultimate prize next week. I am so pumped up and gave the missus a nice little shirtfront in the shower this morning. Dont know how im going to get through the week without going toe to toe with one of the neighbours or even tackling the boss to the ground.
I get a real sense of a tough, old fachioned encounter next week and i cant bloody wait. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been affected more than I thought possible since winning last night. We are more than capable of winning this game, don't doubt that for a second.
I nearly had a stand up with some old fool at work last night, as he tried to tell me we didn't have the defensive pressure to take it up to the cats like the doggies did! I asked him if he had even watched a hawthorn game this year, I pointed out that our defense starts in the forward pocket with some fellows by the name of Brown, Osbourne & Rioli & that while stats can mean nothing in any game, let alone finals, the fact that we are number 1 for least entries into our defensive 50 would suggest that we provide more than a tad of "defensive pressure" he just walked off, what more could he do!
Soak it in Hawks, enjoy the week & join me in yelling randomly, WOO HOO.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Firstly good to see that we have finally gotten rid of that geelong supporter who was telling us all his reasons why mark williams wouldn't be playing.
Secondly, we have to stop those cocky geelong supporters from saying that they have already got the premiership all sewn up. They haven't played in the grand final this year. We are on the eve of a great game and I reckon that the same thing will happen to Geelong as it did 19 years ago. We won by a goal.

God damn we were pumped last night. The whole clan is going. We picked the A1 time to buy the gold seats!!! Damn good gamble that one.

We don't have any expectation at all, we're just going to enjoy the ride.

CAN'T WAIT.

i sense a good bit of biff early one and am drooling at he thought - Brown, Hodge, Lewis, Guerra, Campbell - Mooney, Rooke, Milburn, Chapman....as they say in boxing "LLLLLLLLLLLLETS GET READY TO RUUUMMMMMMMMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLE"

P.S - where will the hawks CHEER SQUAD be - hopefully back at the punt road end as our tickets are in M4 and i would hate to be near the Cats cheer squad

I don't think Im going. :mad: But hopefully I can get down to Glenferrie Oval and watch the game their. Can't wait for it!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back